• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I'm surprised they used the word rob. I'd have thought the masters of disinformation would have disseminated a different word to use in place of it by now. Maybe these kids are just ahead of the times a bit.

At a large corporate employer where I used to work if we were going to steal something from another department or project we called it "sourcing out"

Gd999

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 24, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I'm surprised they used the word rob. I'd have thought the masters of disinformation would have disseminated a different word to use in place of it by now. Maybe these kids are just ahead of the times a bit
    I think the new word is a ‘unplanned donation’. That’s what they called theft within the CHAZ thing up near portland / Seattle area a while back. Lmao.

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    I think they were just trying to impress the girls that they were tuff or could be ? They were well dressed and well groomed . They didn't look like thugs. But now a days that don't mean a lot.

Last edited:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I carry in waste band but the pistol is visible if you look.

I picture you with that carry setup ...

MnHnmEtzNmKDxqftkOjfypA9ZDaXHy_LGZg4IDvechOf6erW4qCx85rJFILFuhyQgHXR_emuGjkPDrQSGFCkTQWLUikPLhPrKWval3M6XOZoltcbYwGmmYrCL_S3saYZ4lc

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I am a bigger fellow so i carry about 3 or 3:30 do to seat belt. I just think it's strange that young people would even think about robbing anyone, even if it was all just BS talk. I have never in my life even thought about it. Change of times I guess !?
    Meh, just dark humor.

When I was in college we'd get into t conversations about which engineering discipline could be the most deadly.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I have never in my life even thought about it.
    I talk about victim selection all the time with my kids, ages 9 and 5. And yes, I'm dead serious. It's part of a much broader ongoing conversation we have about situational awareness and paying attention to your world.

We watch videos from the Active Self Protection YouTube channel regularly and when we're out and about we play games to see who notices what. Sometimes if we're at the gas station I'll prep them and tell them I'm going to ask three questions about the scene when we leave to see what they observe. Stuff like, "what color jacket was the guy pumping gas next to us wearing? How many people were in the car parked in front of the store?" That kind of thing. Sometimes I let them ask me questions to see if they can stump me. They really like when they notice something I don't.

Just the other day we picked up Chinese takeout and we saw a soccer mom in a big SUV parked in front of the restaurant with the car running and her head buried in her phone. You could visibly see the post style locks on her doors were up, indicating that the doors were unlocked. I wasn't shy about telling the kids, "this is a perfect example of what not to do. Look how easy it would be for a bad guy to open the door and stick a gun in her face and drag her out of the driver's seat."

We also talk about emergency exits when we're in public places. "Where would you go if there was a fire in the grocery store?"

It's never to early to get your kids practicing situational awareness.

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    I talk about victim selection all the time with my kids, ages 9 and 5. And yes, I'm dead serious. It's part of a much broader ongoing conversation we have about situational awareness and paying attention to your world.

We watch videos from the Active Self Protection YouTube channel regularly and when we're out and about we play games to see who notices what. Sometimes if we're at the gas station I'll prep them and tell them I'm going to ask three questions about the scene when we leave to see what they observe. Stuff like, "what color jacket was the guy pumping gas next to us wearing? How many people were in the car parked in front of the store?" That kind of thing. Sometimes I let them ask me questions to see if they can stump me. They really like when they notice something I don't.

Just the other day we picked up Chinese takeout and we saw a soccer mom in a big SUV parked in front of the restaurant with the car running and her head buried in her phone. You could visibly see the post style locks on her doors were up, indicating that the doors were unlocked. I wasn't shy about telling the kids, "this is a perfect example of what not to do. Look how easy it would be for a bad guy to open the door and stick a gun in her face and drag her out of the driver's seat."

We also talk about emergency exits when we're in public places. "Where would you go if there was a fire in the grocery store?"

It's never to early to get your kids practicing situational awareness.
    It is good to help kids be aware of their surroundings, they will carry that with them the rest of their lives. Two thumbs up. Its better to be the wolf then the sheep.

Top Bottom