• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Also I do wonder if LEO are cool with you pulling off the closest available turn off on a highway for both parties safety, and if that's communicable. Seems like something that should be the norm.

I've been pulled over on the highway plenty and I just get over as soon, as far, and as neatly as I can. If they want me to do something else, they'll let me know. I do try not to drive on the shoulder any more than I must because I don't want a flat tire. So, I will signal my intent and slow down in the traffic lane as much as I can if it's possible to do so. So... Maybe down to like 20-30mph before I pull off.

In town, I do what I can to stop under a street light or I might pull off if there is an immediate place to do so, then stop.

I also would show my hands and get out of the car if asked... I think that was the big problem here.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    One thing I will never understand is why people can't follow completely clear and simple orders, get the situation chilled out, then present their argument if they want to argue.

Resisting doesn't make logical sense unless you're going to do some very illegal things.

Also I do wonder if LEO are cool with you pulling off the closest available turn off on a highway for both parties safety, and if that's communicable. Seems like something that should be the norm.
    Everyone wants to be the next viral video star and get the next $27 million settlement. We keep encouraging and incentivizing people to defy police and make a scene for the cameras, and then wonder why they keep doing it.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    And... The lottery ticket has been submitted. $1 million...

More details too. Like he drove on for nearly 2 minutes before stopping.

The usual suspects are getting in on it too...

View attachment 135038
    "Didn't comply" in quotes as though one shouldn't have to comply with police during a traffic stop?

See this is exactly what I'm talking about. Social media encourages this behavior, and then it is rewarded with money and acclaim. He saw those red and blue lights in the rearview as dollar signs. Pepper spray today is a small price to pay for millions of dollars in a few months.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    "Didn't comply" in quotes as though one shouldn't have to comply with police during a traffic stop?

See this is exactly what I'm talking about. Social media encourages this behavior, and then it is rewarded with money and acclaim. He saw those red and blue lights in the rearview as dollar signs. Pepper spray today is a small price to pay for millions of dollars in a few months.

There is no shortage of people on Twitter who honestly don't believe he was resisting.

SO... Double edged sword.

A - Easy lotto money
    2 - Lots of people are literally too stupid to know the difference

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    There is no shortage of people on Twitter who honestly don't believe he was resisting.

SO... Double edged sword.

A - Easy lotto money
    2 - Lots of people are literally too stupid to know the difference

How about option C:
    People don't care and want to paint any situation they possibly can in a way they can utilize politically.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I got a ticket a few weeks ago in Knoxville TN. I was speeding. I immediately pulled over when the cop lit me up, rolled my window down, placed my hands on the wheel, and was respectful to the officer. Guess what? He respectful too! No fishing, no commands, no taser, no guns drawn, nothing. He did give me a ticket, but wrote me for quite a bit less than I was doing. 5 minutes later I was on my way to enjoy my day.

It could have been my good looks, I suppose, but it also could have been that I wasn’t acting like a ****ing idiot. Who knows.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    I dont think he pulled into a gas station for the officers safety but for his own. Which Ive heard echo'd by the police. Its reasonable to go several blocks in the middle of the night before finding a well lit location.

Why is there no deescalating? The man was very calm from the beginning, he was calm when he got oc sprayed. You can see through the tint in the video so its reasonable to think the plate would have been visible in the window. Imagine being blind, frantically trying to get out of the car and reaching down for the seatbelt which happens to be where a lot of people carry firearms. Sounds like a great way to get a collection of lead. If I have firearms trained on me, im not reaching for something an inch away from a weapon.

from the body cam we have roughly 20 seconds before he pulls over. Sounds like the officer says the speed is 18. Doesnt really seem like he's running or traveling a long distance.

Well, the guy had PLENTY of time to just do what they told him to do before it got bad.

And then you're faced with one officer holding a pistol on you telling to "keep both hands out of the window so I can see them," while the other officer is holding a pistol on you telling you to "reach inside and undo your seatbelt." At that point, it's a lose-lose situation.

But again, the guy had more than enough opportunities to just do what they said at the beginning and he would have just ended up with a ticket.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I got a ticket a few weeks ago in Knoxville TN. I was speeding. I immediately pulled over when the cop lit me up, rolled my window down, placed my hands on the wheel, and was respectful to the officer. Guess what? He respectful too! No fishing, no commands, no taser, no guns drawn, nothing. He did give me a ticket, but wrote me for quite a bit less than I was doing. 5 minutes later I was on my way to enjoy my day.

It could have been my good looks, I suppose, but it also could have been that I wasn’t acting like a ****ing idiot. Who knows.

The only time I've been pulled over I did the same and had a good interaction.
    I probably spooked the cop a bit because he was in an unmarked car without very visible lights and I kept wondering why someone was tailgating me so hard for so long. Then I noticed when he backed off a bit and I could see his headlights that there were red and blue lights in them.

Another reason unmarked cars are dumb.

Reactions: Leo

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    If he got out of the car and did everything right, he still had weapons pointed at him for a license plate. That turned out to be completely nothing. When did that become the norm?

"Gutierrez acknowledged that Nazario's decision to drive to a lighted area happens to him “a lot, and 80% of the time, it's a minority,” Arthur said, quoting the officer.
    So this officer has this happen a lot, and still goes through this entire situation for a plate that he should be able to see when he pulls in behind the vehicle? Because its visible in the body cam.

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    If he got out of the car and did everything right, he still had weapons pointed at him for a license plate. That turned out to be completely nothing. When did that become the norm?

"Gutierrez acknowledged that Nazario's decision to drive to a lighted area happens to him “a lot, and 80% of the time, it's a minority,” Arthur said, quoting the officer.
    So this officer has this happen a lot, and still goes through this entire situation for a plate that he should be able to see when he pulls in behind the vehicle? Because its visible in the body cam.
    How are you not understanding this? The initial reason for the traffic stop has nothing to do with the subsequent pursuit. He got guns pointed at him because he fled, not for a plate violation.

Last edited:

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    How are you not understanding this? The initial reason for the traffic stop has nothing to do with the subsequent pursuit. He got guns pointed at him because he fled, not for a plate violation.
    How are you not understanding that the police go on tv and tell people to travel to a well lit location if they are worried and nothing that’s been released shows he in anyway was fleeing? In fact one of the on scene officers was quoted as saying that it’s done pretty often.

mikesouth12

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    That guy is a bonehead. If a cop wants to pull you over, then pull over. If he gives you direction, then listen and take direction. No wonder cops have so many issues in todays world. They have a tough enough job and are constantly dealing with idiots. Who does this guy think he is?

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    How are you not understanding that the police go on tv and tell people to travel to a well lit location if they are worried and nothing that’s been released shows he in anyway was fleeing? In fact one of the on scene officers was quoted as saying that it’s done pretty often.
    Literally nobody has ever told me that. When the lights come on, you pull over as close to immediately as you can. You don't get to just drive on and on until you find a location that is convenient to you.

If somebody is going around telling people "just don't stop driving until you get to an open gas station with cameras, otherwise the police will hate crime you", that person needs to shut their ignorant trap because they are creating more violent incidents by telling people to run from the police.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Isn't deescalation a 2 way street? How many times did they yell at the dude to keep his hands outside of the car? Maybe roll the windows down, turn the interior lights on, etc while coming to a stop? Maybe kick the hazards on to signal intent?

Additionally...

See the difference between this:
    View attachment 135021

And this:
    View attachment 135020

Guy needed a face full of OC, TWICE, before he would even clearly show his hands. WTF?

I see mistakes on both sides here (Officer "ride the lightning" needs to calm down), but the driver had the biggest opportunity to correct them and failed literally every time. The more I see stuff like this, the more it makes me think the people in the videos want exactly the reaction we give them: to go viral on the internet.
    This^^^^

Officer ride the white lightning was way to worked up saying s**t a professional shouldn't be saying.

Ride the white lightning son. You should be afraid to get out. This guy needs to learn to be professional. The driver is clearly an idiot, doesn't mean you need to be one also.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Literally nobody has ever told me that. When the lights come on, you pull over as close to immediately as you can. You don't get to just drive on and on until you find a location that is convenient to you.

If somebody is going around telling people "just don't stop driving until you get to an open gas station with cameras, otherwise the police will hate crime you", that person needs to shut their ignorant trap because they are creating more violent incidents by telling people to run from the police.
    Or you want the encounter to be in the gas station because of the security cameras so you can plead racism and make bank

Top Bottom