You know you live in a small town in the midwest when...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    No, but one time at a small busy gas station I had to wait for one to get gas...seriously! Must have been a gas can inside the buggy.
    Yep. Seems like it happens to me every time I go to fill up my ethanol free gas cans at Martin's in Nappanee.

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    When everyone knows who the local meth head and dealer is, everyone knows the names of the thieves. Then maybe after 15 years they finally die or end up in jail they get replaced immediately by someone else.
    I know it says N. Central but it sounds like you've lived in Butler!

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Turn right by the green tractor(which is now rusty) stay to the left at the fork and then by Joe's place take a right at the maple tree. It is the first place past the stick in the mud. Just before the crick.
    My grandpa - “you remember where the red barn used to be? If you went that far you went too far.”
    Also my grandpa - “do you remember when there was a dairy farm where the Sears at Castleton is now?”

I guess everyplace used to be the country.

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    Not until someone comes along to claim they, "...used to hunt rabbits in that field!" :lmfao:

Some others I always appreciate is, "There wasn't any stop lights from...." and, "We used to drive through there in the middle of the night pushing 100 and there wasn't anyone around".

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    You know you're from a small town when you stop at your local greasy spoon burger establishment and there's some guy inside that appears to be eating crayons?

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    My grandpa - “you remember where the red barn used to be? If you went that far you went too far.”
    Also my grandpa - “do you remember when there was a dairy farm where the Sears at Castleton is now?”

I’ve caught myself saying things like “I remember when that Walmart was just a corn field” or “town used to stop 3/4 of a mile west of where it does now “

MRockwell

Just Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield

I remember when there was a heliport round about where the Carmel Lowe's sits today.

I've been catching myself lately saying "where Midway used to be". You might remember that place.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I remember when there was a heliport round about where the Carmel Lowe's sits today.

I've been catching myself lately saying "where Midway used to be". You might remember that place.
    Remember Midway just a little.
    When Sheridan John Deere, Bookers, didn't have parts, we'd have to go to Fishers and man that was a haul! You turned left at the ugly yellow heliport and you weren't halfway there yet, forever down this little narrow hilly road called 146th.
    I thought it was where the Arby's and McDonald's are now?
    The worlds a lot smaller place now.

Man, I just turned this into every single family dinner conversation of my family.

DCR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    Some others I always appreciate is, "There wasn't any stop lights from...." and, "We used to drive through there in the middle of the night pushing 100 and there wasn't anyone around".
    That was 38th and Lafayette Rd around 1965

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    That was 38th and Lafayette Rd around 1965
    I remember walking from Sherman to Michigan and not being able to see the sun because of all the trees around 1700 something or other. I don’t remember the exact date, I’ve slept since then…

Top Bottom