• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    I know Afghan refugees and vaccine-this-or-that is all the hotness right now, but it would be good to remember that there is a plan afoot to hand out $3.5 Trillion of free :poop:. Stuff which must ultimately by paid for, in some way, by someone.

Liberals' legendary resentment of anyone else's wealth will eventually determine whose ox will get gored.

But if you had any doubt as to whom they have their cross-hairs on, read the following article for an example of raw, unvarnished envy (it takes him a bit to get past regurgitating the history lessons from his master's thesis, but I assure you the "bogey man" does eventually come into sharp focus):

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/2021/09/23/the_non-coastal_elites_552459.html

Last edited:

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I know Afghan refugees and vaccine-this-or-that is all the hotness right now, but it would be good to remember that there is a plan afoot to hand out $3.5 Trillion of free :poop:. Stuff which must ultimately by paid for, in some way, by someone.

Liberals' legendary resentment of anyone else's wealth will eventually determine whose ox will get gored.

But if you had any doubt as to whom they have their cross-hairs on, read the following article for an example of raw, unvarnished envy (it takes him a bit to get past regurgitating the history lessons from his master's thesis, but I assure you the "bogey man" does eventually come into sharp focus):

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/2021/09/23/the_non-coastal_elites_552459.html
    Small business has been the backbone of this country; just because small business is typically in the millions of dollars anymore doesn’t make it not ‘small business’. It’s still the doers, the real producers.
    I guess they want their piece.
    Maybe your thread title belies how long this has been planned.

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    That article seethes with disdain at the thought that regular Americans can be successful in a capitalist system and derides their very existence, seeing as how they are not global communist elites and have some say in their own lives an community.

And some people just flit about in their daily lives, not realizing or willing to entertain the notion that there is a movement underway to destroy the fabric of our lives and upend the system that creates liberty for millions of people around the world, in lieu of a system in which a few special people get control and oversight of virtually every aspect of their lives. Nothing to see here folks, move along. Just keep buying junk from China and eating fast food. We’re from the government and we’re here to help.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I've worked for a number of people like this over the years and have also worked for big public companies. It's usually more fun to work for the smaller places but like everywhere they aren't all saints. In going on 50 years in the working world I've seen the work of founders improved on or destroyed by following generations, but in the last 20 years I've seen a number of founders just sell out to larger firms. I've been lucky in some instances to ask why, having known these business owners I worked for. Most said they were just tired of the hassle, fighting with the government, chasing customers to China or Mexico, a sense that manufacturing was finished in the US.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Small business has been the backbone of this country; just because small business is typically in the millions of dollars anymore doesn’t make it not ‘small business’. It’s still the doers, the real producers.
    I guess they want their piece.
    Maybe your thread title belies how long this has been planned.
    I was just thinking about that the other day. When I was looking for my first house, bungalow starter homes were maybe $28,000. Handyman specials were sub $20K. There were new starter home neighborhoods that a 3 br slab, no garage was maybe $31,900 brand new. Lots of homes in North Hammond were less. Sometimes Real estate agents would brag "Million DOLLAR Seller" That guy sold maybe 30 homes that year. Now you only have to sell three or four pretty common homes in a whole year to be a "million dollar seller".

I feel old when my grown nephews talk about $65,000 for a new truck being "not that bad", and my grand daughter wanting me to buy her some silly toy for "only $30". I still remember driving a $50 rust bucket Chevy to Colorado, and back

Last edited:

Farmerjon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    NorthWest Indiana
    Small businesses, beginning farmers. Wouldn't it be nice to not have taxes? For a minimum of 7 years? Oh and at the end of the 7 years, sell it to someone in the family and have them come to the USA. We are being taken advantage of, raped and robbed by our elected officials. I am so done with all the lies and everyone being out for themselves at all costs.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    That article seethes with disdain at the thought that regular Americans can be successful in a capitalist system and derides their very existence, seeing as how they are not global communist elites and have some say in their own lives an community.

And some people just flit about in their daily lives, not realizing or willing to entertain the notion that there is a movement underway to destroy the fabric of our lives and upend the system that creates liberty for millions of people around the world, in lieu of a system in which a few special people get control and oversight of virtually every aspect of their lives. Nothing to see here folks, move along. Just keep buying junk from China and eating fast food. We’re from the government and we’re here to help.
    I've found this "Monopoly Board" attitude somewhat common in people from poor, rural areas raised to resent whoever had money in the town. What's the writer's "screaming lamb" that he ran away with? A Construction company in the Pacific NW whose owner's daughter wouldn't go out with him? An orchard owner where he worked for minimum wage growing up? Is it the realization that he got the career he always dreamed of, but now realizes he didn't get his "Obama Vineyard House" and will leave nothing to his children except the opportunity to go college and become high-priced "wage-slaves" also? And it drives him nuts? Who knows. Congratulations...you live in the same world as "everybody else."

The idea that ownership of something valuable can pass from generation to generation, that everybody in life isn't forced to start from zero in a fresh Monopoly game, seems to insult some people to the bone in a way they're just never able to get over, no matter how long they live. It imprints on them when they're young, and the searing injustice of the "Unearned Windfall" they are convinced others are getting stays with them forever.

What's missing from his perspective is the realization that the people who own these businesses actually do get up, go to work, and provide a valuable service that people are willing to pay for. He's totally focused on the "ownership of assets" aspect, unleavened by the realization these assets are not liquid, and don't just pump money out of the ground like artesian springs.

He also doesn't seem to realize that everyone who owns a business isn't "killing it." The concept of a farmer who looks rich on paper, but who really isn't, who doesn't own enough land to exist on subsidies, who gets paid one time a year, the value of his products fixed by a market he doesn't control, and has to write checks out of that for a year's worth of fuel, seed, fertilizer, herbicide, taxes, and insurance, in addition to all other living expenses, seems lost on him.

I bet if you pressed him on the non-country-club lives of many of these people, and didn't let up, he would eventually opine, "Well, maybe that person should have learned to code." That seems to be the kind of limited world-view that we're dealing with, now.

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I was just thinking about that the other day. When I was looking for my first house, bungalow starter homes were maybe $28,000. Handyman specials were sub $20K. There were new starter home neighborhoods that a 3 br slab, no garage was maybe $31,900 brand new. Lots of homes in North Hammond were less. Sometimes Real estate agents would brag "Million DOLLAR Seller" That guy sold maybe 30 homes that year. Now you only have to sell three or four pretty common homes in a whole year to be a "million dollar seller".

I feel old when my grown nephews talk about $65,000 for a new truck being "not that bad", and my grand daughter wanting me to buy her some silly toy for "only $30". I still remember driving a $50 rust bucket Chevy to Colorado, and back
    I can also relate to your point about the price of PU trucks skyrocketing, even used ones. I used to own a number of them when I was younger but I haven't owned one in many years due to being priced right out of the market for one. It's a shame because I enjoyed the time when I could afford one but I still can't even though my income has increased since I could.

Reactions: Leo

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    He gives very short shrift to the sacrifices made by the families, and eventual inheiriters of, small businesses and farms that aide in the future success of said ventures. Indeed, "if they contributed or not".
    How about all the summers, if not year round, hours put in by the children/spouses at the family enterprise? Often unpaid.

The parental units who couldn't be at the ballgame, music or dance recital, Scout meeting or outing, fill in the blank.
    The missed vacations or field trips. What of the personal sacrifice of the youth? Doesn't that count as "skin in the game"?

These aren't the people who jet off for a 13 week tour of Europe, or gift a new polo pony to make up for their absence. Especially when trying to get an enterprise off the ground.

All these types of businesses support dozens, if not hundreds of affiliated concerns. Truckers, dock hands, packaging plants, grocery clerks, retailers, etc, would have nothing to do if not serve the needs of, or deliver the product of these businesses.

I'll just add that I never was hired for a job by a poor man.
    Attacking entrepreneurship is attacking human nature.......

and Americanism.

Sent from my LM-X420 using Tapatalk

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    It takes quite a scumbag to waste their time coming up with reasons no one else should have more than they do. Strangely, these scumbags are typically the same lazy, worthless turds whose parents catered to their every need and made them the center of the universe growing up.

Sorry your parents ****ed your future. Look on the bright side, they did it to make themselves feel good and to keep up with the Joneses which is pretty much the liberal agenda in a nutshell. Reality be damned, enjoy the consequences of ignorance.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    I'm quite sure that I'm overreacting. But, "You didn't build that" was probably the most unamerican thing that came out of the O' Great One's mouth. And a whole bunch of putrid exited the O' Great One's mouth. In my experience, the type of people that bought into the notion of "You didn't build that" also believe that when McCorporation sells a cheeseburger for $1, that McCorporation earned a $1 profit. Or the O' Great One was going to pay for their phone using money from his stash. Ignorance.

Top Bottom