• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Well, believe it or not Hannity is aired on the most watched news outlet in America(snip)

Really? THis may have been the most wrong statements in recent memory on INGO.

Numbers for the week of August 29:

NBC ABC CBS
    • Total Viewers: 7,862,000 7,234,000 5,884,000

While Hannity runs around 2,000,000 or so.

Read his quote again. Not "Hannity IS the most watched", but "is aired ON the most watched"..

And what you quoted was the "Evening News" ratings, not the "News Network" ratings. Comparing apples and hollow points there ain't ya? :D

For July 2011, however, Fox News programs occupy 10 of the top 12 slots in the CABLE news rankings.
    Fox News Dominates July Cable News Ratings | XFINITY TV News

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Read his quote again. Not "Hannity IS the most watched", but "is aired ON the most watched"..

And what you quoted was the "Evening News" ratings, not the "News Network" ratings. Comparing apples and hollow points there ain't ya? :D

For July 2011, however, Fox News programs occupy 10 of the top 12 slots in the CABLE news rankings.
    Fox News Dominates July Cable News Ratings | XFINITY TV News

At no time during the day is FNC watched more than the network evening news programs. How do you want to measure it? Is it the most watched cable news outlet? Yes. It is just a small fraction compared to evening news on the networks.

How about websites, even the Huffington Post beats FNC (surprised me), Yahoo gets 3x as many hits as FNC.
    http://www.ebizmba.com/articles/news-websites

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    Fox News Channel marks 100 months as most-watched cable news channel; ‘NBC Nightly News’ wins weekly race – The TV Guy – Orlando Sentinel

Techncially "outlet" would have to be replaced by "cable news channel" to make the statement correct...

At any rate, the general statement is correct - because since Obama's experience was a talking point of the election, I would bet questions or statements regarding his experience were aired/viewed on all those other outlets you yielded.

When someone runs for president, they have to convince the media and a political party that they are a viable candidate... then the other candidates for the political party nomination take shots at them... then after winning the nomination, all the other candidates take shots at them... The whole thing is closely followed by the nation, and with the advent of the internet we can find all kinds of information quickly and easily... Then, after everyone in the country views all the information they choose to - everyone over the age of 18 without a felony conviction gets to vote.... after all that in 2008, Obama received more votes than any other president in history - with more than 69 million votes.

I would call that a fairly extensive vetting process, considering that to gain my job I simply supplied a resume and made it through a few rounds of interviews.

Last edited:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    I said above that it is the most watched cable news channel. To me that does not mean the most watched news outlet. 2 million people watching Hannity does not mean the 21 million watching network news heard about the Obama's past.

I did not claim 21 million people viewed Hannity... my statement was meant to communicate that the media did question Obama's experience - it was a highlight of the national election. The election was everywhere in the media, and his experience was one of the major talking points in the 2008 election.... the network news also covered the national election and political statements during the 2008 election....

Anyone that voted without knowledge of Obama's experience did so because they did not take the time to find out, not because he was an unknown. Vetting candidates requires people paying attention, following elections, sometimes even researching their background yourself.... while many people that vote probably don't research candidates as in depth as others, we cannot always blame that on the media.

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    because since Obama's experience was a talking point of the election

Talking point? Talked about by whom? Limbaugh listeners? Hannity viewers?

Big Media said absolutely nothing about it as he had no experience. He drove his opponents out of the races and walked into office. He never had to explain himself, never.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Anyone that voted without knowledge of Obama's experience did so because they did not take the time to find out, not because he was an unknown. Vetting candidates requires people paying attention, following elections, sometimes even researching their background yourself.... while many people that vote probably don't research candidates as in depth as others, we cannot always blame that on the media.

I think Obamas experience may have been a major talking point until a certain point. For most of the campaign, the main topic was national security and McCain was looking pretty good. Then McCain selected Palin, and also, the economy started to take a publicized dive. I think the majority of people (for one reason or another) wether they were tired of the wars, Bush like politics, or believed that Dems would do a better job with the economy, or just flat out hated McCains VP pick. Voted for Obama

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Talking point? Talked about by whom? Limbaugh listeners? Hannity viewers?

Big Media said absolutely nothing about it as he had no experience. He drove his opponents out of the races and walked into office. He never had to explain himself, never.

CNN questioning Obamas experience / Obama admitting he's not experienced enough to run for prez as of 2004.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PV3DejIz0Ak

Top Bottom