• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OiRadio47

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Mishawaka
    I'm not a XD fan, but the 4.0 was intriguing enough for me to buy one last night. The trigger pull is short but super heavy. Like around 7lbs??? Will it eventually loosen up to around 5lbs, or should I just buy something aftermarket to make it lighter??

I hate modifying carry guns, but I think I will have to if I want to keep this one.

off subject, but my only other complaint is the mag release. I can't reach it with my thumb without readjusting my grip. Very annoying and inconvenient.

voodoo304

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2011
    SW Indy
    No need to buy anything, on the XD forum it shows where/how to compress a trigger spring so it's not so strong. Makes a HUGE difference. Only disassembly is taking the slide off and is very easy.
    I believe that thread is a sticky on their forum.
    I have the xds 3.3 and it worked like a charm on it.

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    No need to buy anything, on the XD forum it shows where/how to compress a trigger spring so it's not so strong. Makes a HUGE difference. Only disassembly is taking the slide off and is very easy.
    I believe that thread is a sticky on their forum.
    I have the xds 3.3 and it worked like a charm on it.

can you post a link to that if its not against the rules here? I searched a bit but couldn't find anything. I have 3 XDs' and wold like to lighten the trigger a bit on all of them.

voodoo304

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2011
    SW Indy
    Yes sir, that's the one. Just don't go too far, compress a little at a time and then try it. If you go too far it requires a lot of disassembly to bend back. It took me about an hour of compressing and trying till I got it to where I was happy.
    Good luck!

Top Bottom