• ...and so much more!
  • foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Been looking at this gun for a bit.

This gun comes with 14 rd magazines but can use a standard 19 rd XDM magazine. It looks like it does this by using a sleeve over a standard 19 rd magazine. The sleeve version you buy seems to depend on the backstrap you use.

Does anyone own one of these? It seems silly to introduce the Elite series with 20 and 22 rd magazines then make the compact use a 19 rd magazine. The 20 rd mag looks to be the same as the 19 with a different baseplate. Why would they list on the SA website that you can expand to 19+1 instead of 20+1? It must be that the sleeve and the baseplate don't marry well together or something, but I figured someone here may have tried this and can shed some light on it for me.

It is forcing me to consider what size backstrap to use but that is another thread :)

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    I have 2 Springfield handguns.

#1 - XD-M- OSP full size 19 round 9mm

#2 - XD - Sub Compact Mod 2 9mm 16 round w/ sleeve along with 13 round flush mag

the mags do NOT interchange with one another.

Harry2110

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I can answer this question, once and for all. I briefly had both a compact osp and a full size. The 20rd magizines do in fact fit but stick out a bit. The difference between the 19 & 20rd is the base plate is deeper and flared a bit to fill out the magwell. If you are fine with the no sleeve like glock owners do with their 19 & 26 youd be fine. With XDM’s you have to run XDM magizines not mod 2 or xd magizines unless you have a .45 caliber.

Top Bottom