• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xmas_asn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Fort Irwin, Ca
    Ok I have a XD40 that I feel could be a lot better. It needs a little TLC. Im used to my XDm and I don't quite like the trigger on this XD40. So I'm shopping around for a trigger kit. Does anyone have any sujestions on what kit or kits I should buy? I seen a couple different ones to include stage 2 kits and what not. Anyone have personal experience's with XD trigger kits?

Also, Anyone have advice on what other mods I might want to look into on my XD40? I might play around with this pistol since I got it at a steel for a price. I haven't done anything to my XD45 or XDm9, but I feel this pistol has potential.

Thanks in advance,
    Dave:popcorn:

msquared

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    No experience with the kits, I had my triggers done by Canyon Creek Customs.

As for accessories I recommend either the stainless or tungsten guide rod to allow using wolfe springs (if you are shooting reduced loads and the tungsten adds a bit of weight to the nose. Just make sure its allowed if you shoot matches) PISTOLGEAR | YOUR ONE-STOP SHOP FOR ALL THINGS PISTOL

Their offset magazine release is nice also. It is "stock" length but offset to one side so it sticks out a bit to whichever side you choose.

Other changes I have made include Warren Tactical sights and an "A-Grip".

Good luck, if you dont figure out the kits, Home Page has done excellent work on all three of my XD's.

JDubb

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Frankfort IN
    I got and installed the PRP kit my self on a xd9. Love it and I am going to get 1 for my xd40 as well. The kit I got was 85.00 or so. from bang to reset is .190 there is plenty of videos to watch and take your time!

GLOCKBOY

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    I put a PRP in my XD45, XDm9 and my XDm45. Made a world of difference. I haven't put one in my XD45 tactical cause I don't shoot that one all that much. Do it you won't be sorry. Makes it a whole new gun.

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    I did a complete Springer Precision kit on my 45 Tactical. It's excellent easy to do with a little patience. I have only a little experience with the PRP kits.

Top Bottom