• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • n9znd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    Thank you Four Guns, Snub Noir and Zeta6 for their for sponsoring this match. After you signup and shoot this match you will get some cool stuff that will be well worth the $5 entry fee. Plus you will have a lot of fun and get to shoot your Snubs in a match made for them.
    Starts at 11:00. Search WVRPC Snubby on PractiScore and get signed up. Come a little early and bring that drawer full of holsters, grips etc that you don’t use for the swap meet also.
    fd36f10280484c22806c135d1c316a03.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Poopy day. :poop: Bad ammo, squibs, squibs in someone else's gun, busted screw.

Swear, every revolver I own has given me more trouble than all my autoloaders put together, especially the Airweight.

model1994

quick draw mcgraw
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 17, 2022
    glacial boundary

Swear, every revolver I own has given me more trouble than all my autoloaders put together, especially the Airweight.
    two squibs!?

buy a scratcher on the way home lol the day could shift with these kinds of odds at play

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    two squibs!?

buy a scratcher on the way home lol the day could shift with these kinds of odds at play
    On the second shot of the stage. Twice. Second one with a loaner gun.

And that was like five stages into an otherwise fine match. And halfway through that baggie of ammo.

:toilet2:

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON

Bad ammo and squibs are the revolvers fault? :scratch:
    What screw busted?

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Bad ammo and squibs are the revolvers fault? :scratch:
    What screw busted?
    I dunno man but I don't ever seem to have ignition, bullet separation, or squib problems with 9mm or .45, factory or reload.

Cylinder retention screw let go at some point during the match. Still works but cylinder and crane will fall off if you open it.

SlowPlay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Lafayette
    Fun day shooting the snub. How about a big thanks to Jim D for his efforts to get this match up & running. I'm thinking there will be more in the future.

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    I dunno man but I don't ever seem to have ignition, bullet separation, or squib problems with 9mm or .45, factory or reload.

Cylinder retention screw let go at some point during the match. Still works but cylinder and crane will fall off if you open it.
    Squibs are the person pulling the loader handle problem and can happen with a auto just as easy as a revolver.
    Bullet separation can be a reload or factory load problem(not enough crimp or bullet diameter to small) either put more crimp on the crimp die or if factory try another brand of ammo. This also happens with autos but instead of the bullet pulling out of the case it is shoved back into the case making the OAL shorter.
    If you are calling light strikes, ignition problems than that can be fixed. It is usually caused by someone swapping springs or adjusting the strain screw if the gun has one(J frames don't). But it can happen with a factory fresh gun when something is not quite right.
    Again this can happen with autos also.

What gun was it that the cylinder fell off of?
    Newer guns have a spring loaded yoke screw and older guns have a solid yoke screw. Do you know which one yours is?
    Usually when the cylinder falls off it is because the yoke screw is loose.
    If the screw is tight was it loctited?

n9znd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    Thanks to all that came out. We a a fun safe match. Many people asked when the next one was.
    Ark- bummed day for you. But it was great to shoot with you.
    Congrats to Alex on the win !!! Alex has a lot of ideas for a big Snub match coming up next year. Jim.
    94ba088824e9da9d1830443b87e16491.jpg

096a3d43c9c8dbead3f2f709f1537ddb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whip_McCord

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    NWI
    Thanks for putting on the match. It was a lot of fun. You guys always put on a great match. I enjoy coming down there and shooting with you all.

Top Bottom