I’ve never voted blue?

giphy.gif

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    As I recall, the first election that they color coded, the Repubs were blue and they said they would alternate. But then they stuck us with red ever since. I think we all know why.
    That was before I was voting ;)

Makes ya wonder why the 3rd party isn’t “white” so we could have red white and blue parties. I guess the term white is bad, even when being patriotic.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I know just about everyone has seen the message about posting threads that are clearly written and not duplicates and how to correctly post ads in the classifieds.
    I'm thinking maybe some people need to be reminded to read the ads in the classifieds before contacting the seller with questions about price, location and quantity of product for sell. I always get, " where are you located? ", "what do you have ?", " what will x amount of $ will it get me?".
    All of this information is in the add. Is it so hard to read the ad? It just gets old answering questions that the answer is already posted. Just a big waste of people's time. New " Site Supporters"are the worst.

I would like to give my thoughts.

How much time do I have to respond?

IMG_0600.PNG

mbkintner

Up the Irons
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 21, 2017
    Behind You
    I know just about everyone has seen the message about posting threads that are clearly written and not duplicates and how to correctly post ads in the classifieds.
    I'm thinking maybe some people need to be reminded to read the ads in the classifieds before contacting the seller with questions about price, location and quantity of product for sell. I always get, " where are you located? ", "what do you have ?", " what will x amount of $ will it get me?".
    All of this information is in the add. Is it so hard to read the ad? It just gets old answering questions that the answer is already posted. Just a big waste of people's time. New " Site Supporters"are the worst.

Well sure...but did you see this one? :)

https://www.indianagunowners.com/th...ear-thread-titles-and-help-stop-dupes.508639/

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    While we are ranting, on the facebooks, when somebody wants to sell something, give it away, hire somebody to do work, etc., instead of the person interested DMing them, The person interested says " I'll take it, I can do the job, etc DM me."

Hey dumbass, If you are interested YOU take the initiative and reach out and contact the person. Its not that person's job to reach out to you. You could have DMed them in almost as little effort, you just had to click your mouse two times and then sent the same damn message privately.

Of course these are the same morons that when you say "free [insert bulky item here]. Its at the curb." and they respond "I'll take it. I live 3 streets over, can you deliver it?" No, if you want it, get off you butt and get it. Or call your brother with his truck. Its free. You want me to carry it up your stairs and set it up for you in your living room too? :xmad:

NOW GET OFF MY LAWN! Holy :poop: where's the tylenol

/rant

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    I tried. I did finally find a way for him to keep straight which way the fittings go on a pump. First, these stories make the man sound like a buffoon, when he really was a good mechanic who just had a couple of blind spots. Anyway, for some strange reason, the customers had a real fettish for swapping around the camlock fittings on the 6" water pumps and they almost always came back in a nonstandard configuration, and Matt never could remember which way they went, so I would get a call ever so often, and would remind him that the female coupler belonged on the suction side and the male fitting belonged on the discharge side. I did finally come up with a different way of explaining it. One day I said to him that its just like sex. The fluid goes out of the male into the female. He never had to ask that question again.

I’ve been following this thread with mild interest. Seems it started out with a measured complaint about some folks not being able to concisely compose a “for sale“ ad. Then there are others who can’t grasp all the details in the ad and subsequently ask inane questions only to get chastised. Seems that sellers and buyers are being admonished for faulty reading comprehension or inadequate English composition. Then the thread eventually took a brief left turn with a couple of folks being concerned about voting. (?)

But, to get back on track, I would propose a voluntary buying and selling transaction on a forum should only be defined as success or failure by the actual participants. Those wanting to kibbutz or criticize, IMHO, should confine their comments to those threads that directly impact them. I cite as an example the verbose and poorly punctuated sentence in this post. I’m not especially trying to be critical of the poster, but only offering the comment to point out there are different issues that drive different people crazy. For me, don’t use the word “irregardless” in a sentence, it drives me crazy.

I could easily cite mistakes in grammar, punctuation, syntax, etc in just about every post on here. There are probably some examples contained in this short dissertation.
    As the saying goes - can’t we all just get along ?

Last edited:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I’ve been following this thread with mild interest. Seems it started out with a measured complaint about some folks not being able to concisely compose a “for sale“ ad. Then there are others who can’t grasp all the details in the ad and subsequently ask inane questions only to get chastised. Seems that sellers and buyers are being admonished for faulty reading comprehension or inadequate English composition. Then the thread eventually took a brief left turn with a couple of folks being concerned about voting. (?)

But, to get back on track, I would propose a voluntary buying and selling transaction on a forum should only be defined as success or failure by the actual participants. Those wanting to kibbutz or criticize, IMHO, should confine their comments to those threads that directly impact them. I cite as an example the verbose and poorly punctuated sentence in this post. I’m not especially trying to be critical of the poster, but only offering the comment to point out there are different issues that drive different people crazy. For me, don’t use the word “irregardless” in a sentence, it drives me crazy.

I could easily cite mistakes in grammar, punctuation, syntax, etc in just about every post on here. There are probably some examples contained in this short dissertation.
    As the saying goes - can’t we all just get along ?
    Sorry for the substandard editing. I imagine I will trend toward my usual higher standards of composition after adjusting to my new meds and working the fog out of my head.

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    While we are ranting, on the facebooks, when somebody wants to sell something, give it away, hire somebody to do work, etc., instead of the person interested DMing them, The person interested says " I'll take it, I can do the job, etc DM me."

Hey dumbass, If you are interested YOU take the initiative and reach out and contact the person. Its not that person's job to reach out to you. You could have DMed them in almost as little effort, you just had to click your mouse two times and then sent the same damn message privately.

Of course these are the same morons that when you say "free [insert bulky item here]. Its at the curb." and they respond "I'll take it. I live 3 streets over, can you deliver it?" No, if you want it, get off you butt and get it. Or call your brother with his truck. Its free. You want me to carry it up your stairs and set it up for you in your living room too? :xmad:

NOW GET OFF MY LAWN! Holy :poop: where's the tylenol

/rant
    OMG, while reading this, I just knew you were going off and I felt the visceral pleasure of your seething. I lost it at the end and now my wife thinks I’ve gone insane.

1626491101274.gif

Top Bottom