• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 360willys

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 14, 2019
    South Bend
    Have you ever walked into a place and seen a gun you fell in love with? But when you look closer it's a caliber you just don't want and your like crap?

Walked into bass pro this weekend and seen the new Savage high county I think it was. I really wanted it and then realized it didn't come in the 308 which is the caliber I wanted. Just really sucked.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

360willys

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 14, 2019
    South Bend
    That’s me everytime I see a lever action at a gun store. They are always 22LR or 45/70. I’ve been looking for a 30-30 for over a year now
    really that's kind of funny. I've been wanting a 45/70 but haven't found one i felt was worth it. I did see a 30/30 Henry at Walmart for like $750 a few weeks ago in Goshen Indiana.

360willys

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 14, 2019
    South Bend
    For anyone in west/central IN, the Brazil Walmart had a Henry 30-30 blued/walnut for $758 earlier tonight. It was hard to pass it up.
    That's how i felt when I seen the one in Goshen. But didn't have the money to waste that day.

Gingerbeardman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Anderson
    I got rid of a nice 9x18 because I wasn't going to invest in mags and ammo for one gun. It's just much nicer to buy within the calibers you already have! Even if it means good deals going by the wayside.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    Was hunting a specific Ruger American Rimfire rifle in .22LR for months. Needed iron sights and a threaded barrel. I really prefer to buy local, but I couldn't find one anywhere. Then I finally found one particular local shop that had the model I wanted in both .17HMR and .22WMR (they actually had two of each), but no .22LR. Drove me nuts every time I went in there. Finally broke down, found one online, and ordered it.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    That’s me everytime I see a lever action at a gun store. They are always 22LR or 45/70. I’ve been looking for a 30-30 for over a year now
    If you can get to the OGCA show in Wilmington Saturday (1/28) or Sunday the 29th I have seen probably 8 to 10 available at the last two shows

They would be gently used, not new and most of them Winnies but usually a couple of Marlins

You must be a member or a guest of a member

It is at the Roberts Center just off I71 at exit 50/OH route 68

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Sometimes a caliber is overlooked because it's non standard or old, but in reality it can be easy to get. I see lots of Winchester 1894s (real ones) sell in 32 Special for low money because you can't buy ammo any more. Easy to just run a 30-30 case into a 32 special die and you have 32 special brass. RCBS also makes a very good 170 grain RNFPGC mold for this that is quite accurate and hard hitting.

Never hurts to research options when you are looking at something.

Last edited:

Christow19

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2017
    Greencastle
    Happens a lot with the Keltec Sub 2000 it seems. The 9mm seemingly more desirable and obviously a second gen that takes Glock mags. When looking for one, I came across several that just weren’t exactly it. Finally got one with mcarbo guts that is exactly what I was looking for

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    If you can get to the OGCA show in Wilmington Saturday (1/28) or Sunday the 29th I have seen probably 8 to 10 available at the last two shows

They would be gently used, not new and most of them Winnies but usually a couple of Marlins

You must be a member or a guest of a member

It is at the Roberts Center just off I71 at exit 50/OH route 68
    Just got back. Saw about 6 or 7 Winchesters in 30-30, two Marlins and even two Marlin 336s in 35 Remington

Also saw Federal SPPs for $75/1000 with 4000 available

Top Bottom