Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Those men were inspiring with their prayers in the heat of that moment. The least I can do is pray for that family now.

This whole thing is absolutely sickening. The deniers will be along shortly to tell us that there's more to the story and that the police were justified.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I read a different version of this the other day. No doubt the cops were too aggressive, and were scatterbrained at best. But, they were there to arrest the mother for a BS civil matter, as I recall. Outstanding fine or the like. Not a real crime. They were way overboard and I hope the residents get every cent they deserve. Preferably from the cops pension funds, (but we all know that won't happen).

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Cops had the right address. Cops played footsie for a half hour trying to get them to open the door. Cops had a valid warrant. Swing and a miss.

elemonator

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Peru, IN
    It dont matter, what will happen the LEOs will come up with something like possession,resisting..whatever, and the pros. will say they'll drop those charges if the family will forget this...like usual....

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    It dont matter, what will happen the LEOs will come up with something like possession,resisting..whatever, and the pros. will say they'll drop those charges if the family will forget this...like usual....

The police don't have to come up with anything. There was an arrest warrant for the home owner/recidivist. Charges dropped? The home owner/recidivist paid up after this and was released.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Last time I checked, if they had a warrant for drug dealing they would have smashed the door down, if they had a warrant, why didn't they smash this time? I got a feeling there is a lot more to this story than any of us know. And I would imagine both sides are lying a little. Regardless, someone paid by taxpayers, should be a little more professional and respectful of those who pay him.

Degtyaryov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    There needs to be accountability for crap like this. The person responsible for the mixup should be charged with a crime and fired, and monetary compensation should be paid out of pocket by the officers involved. You can bet your ass they would try a lot harder to make sure they had the right people if they knew they'd pay for it if they screwed up.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Ah, so it was a writ of attachment.

Seems a bit much for a writ of attachment, no?

To quote...It depends.

I googled. I have no idea if this is prudent or not. To quote again...This is a job of the legislature...? I'm not an active participant in the system. I like to think I am, I vote so that should count, but sometimes I'm not sure due to the complexity. Complexity isn't the right word. Perhaps, study.

Top Bottom