Wrong Address Raid--Live Action (GA)

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Mar 9, 2008
Lafayette, Indiana
An apparent wrong address police raid was captured on video in Georgia. The police apparently kept yelling out an incorrect address. The family called 911 and asked for the police to come and police came on in.

Look forward to the city's explanation for what we are shown.

This Could Easily Be You ? Must Watch Video Of Police Action: 2:00am Raid ? ?We gonna cane yo? ass?? And Nobody Seems To Care | The Last Refuge

buckstopshere

Master
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
Jan 18, 2010
Greenwood
Those men were inspiring with their prayers in the heat of that moment. The least I can do is pray for that family now.

This whole thing is absolutely sickening. The deniers will be along shortly to tell us that there's more to the story and that the police were justified.

mrjarrell

Shooter
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jun 18, 2009
Hamilton County
I read a different version of this the other day. No doubt the cops were too aggressive, and were scatterbrained at best. But, they were there to arrest the mother for a BS civil matter, as I recall. Outstanding fine or the like. Not a real crime. They were way overboard and I hope the residents get every cent they deserve. Preferably from the cops pension funds, (but we all know that won't happen).

level.eleven

Shooter
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May 12, 2009
Cops had the right address. Cops played footsie for a half hour trying to get them to open the door. Cops had a valid warrant. Swing and a miss.

elemonator

Sharpshooter
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Dec 26, 2009
Peru, IN
It dont matter, what will happen the LEOs will come up with something like possession,resisting..whatever, and the pros. will say they'll drop those charges if the family will forget this...like usual....

level.eleven

Shooter
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May 12, 2009
It dont matter, what will happen the LEOs will come up with something like possession,resisting..whatever, and the pros. will say they'll drop those charges if the family will forget this...like usual....

The police don't have to come up with anything. There was an arrest warrant for the home owner/recidivist. Charges dropped? The home owner/recidivist paid up after this and was released.

CHCRandy

Master
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Feb 16, 2013
Hendricks County
Last time I checked, if they had a warrant for drug dealing they would have smashed the door down, if they had a warrant, why didn't they smash this time? I got a feeling there is a lot more to this story than any of us know. And I would imagine both sides are lying a little. Regardless, someone paid by taxpayers, should be a little more professional and respectful of those who pay him.

Degtyaryov

Sharpshooter
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jan 12, 2013
There needs to be accountability for crap like this. The person responsible for the mixup should be charged with a crime and fired, and monetary compensation should be paid out of pocket by the officers involved. You can bet your ass they would try a lot harder to make sure they had the right people if they knew they'd pay for it if they screwed up.

level.eleven

Shooter
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May 12, 2009
Ah, so it was a writ of attachment.

Seems a bit much for a writ of attachment, no?

To quote...It depends.

I googled. I have no idea if this is prudent or not. To quote again...This is a job of the legislature...? I'm not an active participant in the system. I like to think I am, I vote so that should count, but sometimes I'm not sure due to the complexity. Complexity isn't the right word. Perhaps, study.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Mar 9, 2008
Lafayette, Indiana
This is a job of the legislature...?

No. Correcting the behavior of the police is the job of the courts.

This is waaaaay over the line for a writ of attachment IMHO/IME.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NatoSymbolMan
Top Bottom