• ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    No less gibberish than your comments.
    My comments are my opinions on the actions or inactions of the Trump Presidency. You don't like my Reichstag Fire metaphor? Ok, but don't think for a minute that there will not be consequences for brain worm-infested QNon storming the nation's capitol building to interrupt a function of government.

The comments about China and Dr. Fauci are QNon nuttery, made up gibberish.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Without question. It played/factored into his defeat.
    That's tough to say with any certainty. Let's put aside whether the way he acted was "right" or not and look only at how it could have influenced voters.

Regardless of what he did, was the media ever going to report that he was handling things correctly? I say no. No matter what he did, they were going to find fault.

Would getting on board with the CDC everything gotten him moderate votes? Possibly...and, for the most part, he followed the CDC, but just didn't seem excited about it.

Would he have lost votes if he went all in with shut-downs and whatever else? Almost certainly. Whether we like the tactic or not (I didn't) he turned this election (and he was not the only one) into a "freedom vs. tyranny" fight for the ages. Without ramping up the tribalism, I don't think he electrifies his base to the extent he did...and one thing you can say is that his base was electrified. Of course, it lit up the other side too.

These are just a few factors. It is way to complex an issue to ever say: "if he would have done this, the outcome would have been different."

I certainly don't like the Balkanization (and yes, I think the other side started it), but Trump certainly tried to use it....I'm not sure that it led to his defeat.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Mr. Freeman,

I don't know you, but you have lost any support i may have had for you on this one. This weak, mealy-mouthed stance is EXACTLY what is wrong with America.
    I'm torn on this because I also vehemently disagree with his assessment too. Kirk is a strong 2A advocate, and an intelligent and highly respected senior member around here and I think many like myself try to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Maybe not so much now, at least on that subject.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    The premise of this thread is that there's some nearly-magic legal reason that is the secret strategy Trump will use to achieve victory. Deus ex machina style.

That's a fantasy. Kirk's right about that.

Pointing that out isn't mealy mouthed, it is just reality.

The fight has shifted to the midterms.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I'll stop with the election conspiracy stuff if you stop with your blaming Trump for everything.

I think Trump is a great leader that had everyone and their brother trying to destroy him since day one. It took the democratic party and Dr fauci to pay china to release the virus so they could use the pandemic to win their coup attempt.
    tenor.gif

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Some people still think this is all part of a master plan? Just gotta keep waiting for the trap to spring. Any day now...
    More like they've spent some much time and emotional energy in to something... at that point it's really hard to take in contrary evidence and accept that you've been duped.

It's like when a flat-earther gets a laser gyroscope - now they've got undeniable evidence... that they deny.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    More like they've spent some much time and emotional energy in to something... at that point it's really hard to take in contrary evidence and accept that you've been duped.

It's like when a flat-earther gets a laser gyroscope - now they've got undeniable evidence... that they deny.
    True,I still do have hope unlike yourself who has celebrated his loss since Nov.4th.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    True,I still do have hope unlike yourself who has celebrated his loss since Nov.4th.
    Celebrated?

Go ahead and look that up, I'll wait. :popcorn:

Why would I celebrate the loss of a politician I voted for? :dunno:

Like almost all other INGOers I regret what could have happened (i.e. Trump's victory).

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    Support? I am not a politician. I am simply telling you that the time for the nuttery is over. Enough. This kind of nonsense gave the Left their Reichstag Fire.

It is not weak. It is not mealy-mouthed. Stop with the QNon insipid nonsense.

So questionable election activities should not be investigated? Just sweep them under the rug to be forgotten? No improvement of the election laws or security to guarantee a fair election?
    Not saying the final results would change, but enough irregularities to warrant a REAL investigation and changes to improve the general populations trust in results.

Chewie

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    1. No question the Media was against Trump from Day 1, but that is hardly a surprise and Trump played directly into their hands, complete with a Reichstag Fire.

2. The rest of that is complete and utter Qnon Nutter gibberish which should not be on INGO without objection.

As for #1, it seems as though you are reviving the "he's Hitler" routine with different nomenclature (just an observation, not an accusation.
    As for #2, so we need to condemn speach we dont like? Offensive speach, yes, but a different point of view? As for me being a Qanon devotee? Not hardly, but another point of view to be included in the thought process and formation of opinion. Some was somewhere in the 9th dimension but some was reasonable to consider. Qanon is not the bogey man everyone on the left claims he is, but you need to filter what he says!

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    So questionable election activities should not be investigated? Just sweep them under the rug to be forgotten? No improvement of the election laws or security to guarantee a fair election?
    Not saying the final results would change, but enough irregularities to warrant a REAL investigation and changes to improve the general populations trust in results.
    What more do you want? MI's senate and house have both had days of investigations (I watched them on YouTube :popcorn:), so has GA... They did audits and recounts... even found some dead people that voted - two.

There's been filings with courts... most thrown out do to lack of standing or evidence.

You can either accept that there's not enough irregularities sway the election, or double down on the conspiracy.

As to Qanon, it's bad internet joke that went too far.

Chewie

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    What more do you want? MI's senate and house have both had days of investigations (I watched them on YouTube :popcorn:), so has GA... They did audits and recounts... even found some dead people that voted - two.

There's been filings with courts... most thrown out do to lack of standing or evidence.

You can either accept that there's not enough irregularities sway the election, or double down on the conspiracy.

As to Qanon, it's bad internet joke that went too far.

You have your opinion and I have mine, dont think either of us will change our minds an I'm ok with that.
    But my opinion is more righter than yours.

Top Bottom