• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I dont care much about the law and i care greatly about the lives of innocent children.

If God put me there, i would hope to be blessed with decisiveness, speed and accuracy. My lamp is filled, my wick is trimmed.

If responding officers confuse me for the threat and kill me, I pray those officers forgive themselves quickly. I understand.

Combat Engineer

One of the three percent.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 28, 2022
    Mauckport In.
    Ah. I've been busy all day, so I haven't seen details about the shooter till now.

FTR, I'm going to be squarely in line with INGO about what we really think the cause of this is; and it certainly isn't the guns' fault. It's not a gun culture problem.

Also, FTR, I don't what the shooter looks like - "transbo", or wearing a MAGA hat and a III% T shirt, my response is going to be the same.
    Just for the hell of it....if a nun was attacking the school same stuff.Im not out hunting tranny's sir.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Why is this in the general politics forum?

I can't imagine a single INGOer saying, "it's illegal, so I'll just watch and take notes."

Also, I can't imagine the number of death threats a prosecutor would get if they filed charges on a citizen that intervened and saved the lives of students.

This thread is really about the tactics and practicalities of getting involved. E.g. Don't get mistaken by the on scene cops as the bad guy. Or girl. Or "it".

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Just be careful if you enter, gun drawn. You could easily be mis-identified as a suspect and be killed for your trouble. It's the same caution for LE in civilian attire.

This, and if you are close enough to see this you are likely on school grounds and not carrying a gun anyway. That said, if you are armed, and it's a clean, surprise shot you may derail the shooters plans even if you miss.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    This, and if you are close enough to see this you are likely on school grounds and not carrying a gun anyway.
    iu

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I can't imagine a single INGOer saying, "it's illegal, so I'll just watch and take notes."
    I don't think it would be illegal, and I'm not going through the IC on this one. It's just engaging the shooter vs the shooter engaging others.

File this under never going to happen, but if it did, I would try to stop it.

And charges for trying to stop it, that's never going to happen either, unless you're incompetent.

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    All these responses seem to ignore the possibility of engaging "the shooter" before they enter the school. If you saw them shoot out the glass, or the lock, to gain entry, then a solution to consider is putting rounds on target, even from a distance. You might get lucky and put them down, or provoke them to engage with you (you are behind cover, right.....I'm assuming you just exited your car). This is something they certainly didn't plan on, and the shots exchanged may alert the people inside to imminent danger.
    Either way you have thrown a wrench into their plans and that may be enough to prevent tragedy.

In any case the OP's proposed scenario requires a lot of thought and analysis, at a moment when you have absolutely zero time for thought and analysis.
    I'm honestly not sure how I would react, but I would react.

Either way it's a crapshoot (no pun intended).

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    All these responses seem to ignore the possibility of engaging "the shooter" before they enter the school. If you saw them shoot out the glass, or the lock, to gain entry, then a solution to consider is putting rounds on target, even from a distance. You might get lucky and put them down, or provoke them to engage with you (you are behind cover, right.....I'm assuming you just exited your car). This is something they certainly didn't plan on, and the shots exchanged may alert the people inside to imminent danger.
    Either way you have thrown a wrench into their plans and that may be enough to prevent tragedy.

In any case the OP's proposed scenario requires a lot of thought and analysis, at a moment when you have absolutely zero time for thought and analysis.

That's what we were talking about. Again, I would worry about backstop.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I would imagine defending others is 10x harder than self defense. There's the others to worry about, and probably distance. And you probably just have regular sights. It's not ideal.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    Nothing short of shooting me would stop me. Armed or unarmed, engaging the attacker or providing aid something is happening. There's no way in hell I could live with myself if I did nothing. I'm proud to surround myself with men who would not hesitate either.

As far as being shot by the popo by accident maybe casually talk to a cop in your area about whether they use any identifiers for good guys. And if it's something that anyone can have without impersonating a LEO maybe keep that thing in your vehicle for you know... Reasons

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012

Like others hopefully and likely never get put in this situation.

But Heck why get out of the car??????? Vroom Vroom

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    Regarding my last post....
    I wasn't trying to criticize any of the responses. I just noticed they all addressed following the shooter into the building, (at the time I started to type) and I was offering a take coming from another angle.
    But Heck why get out of the car??????? Vroom Vroom

Another possible solution, yes.
    As I said, shots outside might alert those inside (one shot and people think "what was that"? A fusillade and they know.)
    Same might be accomplished by ramming your car into a building and making a perp sandwich.

Top Bottom