• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Johnny0

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2017
    NWI
    Heritage Rough Rider, within the first 50 rounds fired the crome lining had separated from tha barrel. It also shaves the bullets at the forcing cone spitting bits of lead out the side. Sent it back, they replaced the barrel but couldn't fix the timing problem. Still have it just for a reminder that you get what you pay for.

Striker13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    NCI
    Have not had a lot of bad luck with our handguns, but have not been shooting that long. Worst so far was an early Walther CCP with a disintegrating slide. Cleaned it after every range trip and kept pulling small pieces of metal off the slide. Sent it back to Walther and was told this was normal. The take down was a bit tricky at first, but not bad if you practiced. Have owned Walther's before and after the CCP with no issues.

Steel and wood

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2016
    Tipton
    Has to be my 686 + 6 6 inch talo ever so often the cylinder would lock up. Paid a lot for this expected a no problems from it being it was what I thought was a premium pistol from S&W lesson learned

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Has to be my 686 + 6 6 inch talo ever so often the cylinder would lock up. Paid a lot for this expected a no problems from it being it was what I thought was a premium pistol from S&W lesson learned

i have had 686's for over 30 years.......you need to send it back and they will make it right.....686 is built like a tank......very very surprised your have troudle with it....call S&W they will send you a shipping label.....

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Just don't buy junk to begin with and stick with the major brands that have long track records for quality, longevity, consistency and, of course, look over and carefully check every aspect of a used weapon before​ you plunk down your hard earned money.

Brickmandan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2017
    Wheeler
    My worst gun is a single shot 20 gauge Stevens that I bought for $35. Works fine but it locks up a little loose and sure isn't pretty but for the money I am happy with it.

Pistol boy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Griffith
    I had a skyy 9mm before. The dam safety was in a bad spot. The recoil would push my thumb knuckle and put safe on. I was glad to get rid of it. Also got rid of my m&p40c way to snappy for me in a small carry gun.

DCowboysCR

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jan 10, 2017
    Greenwood
    Back in the mid-90's I had a Walther PPK-S that wouldn't even feed FMJ. Sent it back to Walther for warranty repair and when it came back it still wouldn't feed even FMJ. Luckily the LGS took it back and gave me a Glock 19(Gen-2 in those days).

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I think that my PPK/S is probably still title holder of 'worst gun' for me. Mine had similar issues in that it would not feed reliably until I took the sharp edge off of the ramp/chamber corner. Even after that, it was just not a fun gun to shoot DA. With the decocker safety, the first pull in any SD situation would have been DA and that gun was just tough to shoot DA. That part of it never improved. Also, the sights were way off when I first got it and when I tried to drift them, they broke. S&W sent me a replacement, but the sight should have at least been centered when new.

I've had other guns that started out bad, but redeemed themselves later. Worst initial experience was a G19. It would not feed 3 rounds consecutively. I had to replace the recoil assy with a rod and lighter spring to get it to run, but after 150 rounds, it broke in enough to go back to the factory setup and ran fine after that point. I bought a used CZ P07 in .40 that would fail to chamber a round in maybe 1 out of every 10 shots. A complete spring refresh cured that one. I have an all steel CZ 75B railed Compact in .40 bought used that did the same thing as the P07 and I think it's been fixed with a spring refresh, but don't have enough rounds through it to say for sure yet.

I bought a pre-B Czech police turn in CZ 75 that was in such rough shape that I could not even remove the barrel from the slide due to a big ding in the crown. That was probably the worst condition pistol I bought but once restored is now a favorite of mine.

Worst overall experience was with a Keltec PF9. It needed a factory update when new and functioned well after that, but it just sucked as a pistol. It was a pain to shoot and it was a pain to clean. There's nothing about that pistol that I have fond memories of.

firek920

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    First run savage bmag in 17 Wsm couldn't get tighter than a basketball at 100yards tried att the tricks and still nothing.

JT1968

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    Aurora
    Keltec PF-9.. I had 2. No issues with the first. Sold it to a buddy. Bought a new one. Accuracy with this one was horrible. Looked the gun over closely and found Very lite rifling in the brl. You almost couldn't detect any at all. I called them and sent them the brl. They sent me a new one- problem solved. But I still sold it. Weird. Maybe it was the smooth bore shotgun prototype that accidentally made it out of the top secret testing facility?

JDG

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 13, 2017
    LaPorte County
    I have had a similar experience with my RIA compact 1911. I could not get through a single mag without some sort of failure. So I replaced the recoil spring, extractor, ejector, and grips with Wilson combat. Added a extended beavertail safety and a low profile hammer, a new disconector and seer came with the hammer, so those went in too. With good mags, I have 0 issues. With some older cheapos, well, enough said.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Some years ago, I bought a Savage Model 30R17. It's essentially the same as a Stevens Favorite falling block but was chambered in .17 HMR. If you're not familiar with this action, you have to cock the hammer then lower the breech block to manually extract a fired round and insert another. It appeared that Savage had simply put a HMR barrel on a .22lr action as there wasn't enough room to insert a live round past the hammer at full cock. I had to hold the hammer back beyond full cock and insert the new round with the other hand. It was fairly accurate but was terribly handicapped by a trigger which had to be 2-3 times the weight of the gun. I sold it on INGO and shortly thereafter it turned up at BG Firearms for sale on consignment. Just an impulse buy gone bad.

71silverbullet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    Southern, In
    Keltec PMR30. I didn't buy it, I won it at a NRA banquet. It won't fire on the first trigger pull, have to pull it twice, then it won't eject, if it does eject, it won't feed the next round. It's going back to Keltec real soon, and from what I hear they will have it for about 8 weeks.

Top Bottom