• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Man, production is popular in IPSC. The GOAT (Grauffel) was behind by like 200 pts yesterday. Then all of a sudden, crushed everyone on final day. Amazing.

WS is 6 days of shooting, Sunday to Friday. Competitors shoot 5 days, they have an off day. I believe that he wasn't 200 points behind, he had an off day so it just looked like that.

PO Light and PO Heavy were provisional until the GA meeting. Now it is just PO for them and it is growing just like it did here. Production is still popular in many countries because they cannot reload ammunition for Open and Standard.
    Here Production guns are not dead, they actually make up over 50% of the results in Limited. Capacity is king when you are out at a club match shooting for fun and would rather have 20 rounds than 10.
    Not a great answer on how to "fix" production

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    WS is 6 days of shooting, Sunday to Friday. Competitors shoot 5 days, they have an off day. I believe that he wasn't 200 points behind, he had an off day so it just looked like that.

PO Light and PO Heavy were provisional until the GA meeting. Now it is just PO for them and it is growing just like it did here. Production is still popular in many countries because they cannot reload ammunition for Open and Standard.
    Here Production guns are not dead, they actually make up over 50% of the results in Limited. Capacity is king when you are out at a club match shooting for fun and would rather have 20 rounds than 10.
    Not a great answer on how to "fix" production
    Gotcha.

Nah, production doesn't need fixing on USPSA IMO. Glad CO is flourishing as it made people enjoy shooting. That's what most people forget about the sport, enjoyment. I enjoy the mag changes as it really changes your game plan. Glad prod stayed at 10/mag. It separates that mag change skills in combo with shooting (I don't have the latter consistently :): ).

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Gotcha.

Nah, production doesn't need fixing on USPSA IMO. Glad CO is flourishing as it made people enjoy shooting. That's what most people forget about the sport, enjoyment. I enjoy the mag changes as it really changes your game plan. Glad prod stayed at 10/mag. It separates that mag change skills in combo with shooting (I don't have the latter consistently :): ).
    You should let your AD know, this is going to come back up in January at the board meeting.
    I don’t shoot it enough to have a what I would consider a valuable input. I can make two arguments.
    Leave it alone
    Or
    140mm mags so competitors have same gear/gun as CO and can change w/ or w/o optic between them.
    I don’t see that 15 rounds as much of a game changer for it as far as getting it back to being shot more.

140mm mags take the stage planning, having to be more accurate with less rounds out of it and just makes it another HiCap division. I would vote leave it alone, but I don’t vote and I don’t shoot it.

oldschool1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2020
    midstate
    You should let your AD know, this is going to come back up in January at the board meeting.
    I don’t shoot it enough to have a what I would consider a valuable input. I can make two arguments.
    Leave it alone
    Or
    140mm mags so competitors have same gear/gun as CO and can change w/ or w/o optic between them.
    I don’t see that 15 rounds as much of a game changer for it as far as getting it back to being shot more.

140mm mags take the stage planning, having to be more accurate with less rounds out of it and just makes it another HiCap division. I would vote leave it alone, but I don’t vote and I don’t shoot it.
    I vote to leave it alone. As a single stack shooter, I can compare my scores to the Production shooters.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    The World Shoot is better when our best shooters get to compete. USPSA is dead in my eyes after they banned Ben Stoeger who has done more to help the sport than all those f***ing idiots on the board combined. Every single one of them needs to be voted out and a few need prosecuted.

Penton 175

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2022
    Noblesville
    The World Shoot is better when our best shooters get to compete. USPSA is dead in my eyes after they banned Ben Stoeger who has done more to help the sport than all those f***ing idiots on the board combined. Every single one of them needs to be voted out and a few need prosecuted.
    Absolutely agree.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    Screenshot_20221228_003957.jpg

I've sent my 10 round suggestion before this meeting. But I guess a small voice won't be heard. Production will be limited minor now and cater to class C mag changer.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom