• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 380Mike

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    I don't know if either of these should hold that record, now if you want to call it the longest lucky shot, that might work. If it isn't a repeatable shot, once your scope it tuned, then it's just a lucky shot.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I don't know if either of these should hold that record, now if you want to call it the longest lucky shot, that might work. If it isn't a repeatable shot, once your scope it tuned, then it's just a lucky shot.
    That's kind of what I was thinking. Given enough tries, just sheer luck would explain a hit. Put 3 in a row on the bullseye and then we'll talk.

mark40sw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2015
    Roanoke
    What was the distance the Canadian sniper team hit with one shot? It was supposed to have been the farthest sniper shot in history.

"Perry's shot was from 2,310 meters, or 2,526 yards, breaking the record for the longest sniper kill. But glory was not his for long.

A few days later, Cpl. Rob Furlong broke that record with a 2,430-meter (2,657-yard) shot against an enemy machine-gunner.
    The current record is 3,540 meters (3,871 yards), set by JTF-2 commandos against ISIS fighters in Mosul, Iraq, in 2017."

Jlong51454

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2022
    Indainapolis
    So if I took a shot from my house and hit an 8" target at Premier Arms in Brownsburg I'd beat the record, by 528 yards. I'm thinking my neighbors would call the Police if I was seen on my roof with a rifle so I better not try.
    I'm waiting for my neighbors to call the police on me. I swap scopes around frequently and boresight through my closed sliding glass door to the house light that is about 75 yards away.

Top Bottom