• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Not initially, but women seem to be easier to teach IF they can get over the fear of guns.

Women seem to listen to instructions better as men often let their pride get in the way and or already have bad habits that are hard to over come.

In the end if they have been good students and put the time it's about equal, neither sex being better or worse
    This has been my experience
    Yup, me too. I noticed that when I was a range coach a couple of times, while in the Marines.

Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    I am a bit late to this conversation, am sitting here sick as a dog, so why not. I've only trained two shooters with handguns, daughter and grandson. Both paid attention to all the pre-range work, and became quite proficient in a short time. I can't make a distinction between male and female with such a small sample size. Both were great. My main reason for posting is: I never allowed toy guns in my house. NO GUN IS A TOY is way more safe than this one IS, this one ISN'T. Especially with kids in the house. Anal? Sure. My kids grew up respecting guns, and knowing how to use them.
    A short story: My daughter was at a house party when she was 14 or 15. By that age she was pretty good with my Kimber Custom II, and Browning Buckmark. Someone brought out a gun. She was (rightfully) scared. She got possession of the gun, peacefully, dropped the magazine, and ejected the round in the chamber. She pocketed the round and magazine, and left. NO GUN IS A TOY. Not in my house.

Top Bottom