Women are nearly half the new gun owners.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    :ugh: See, I read "I've also noticed a lot more black gun owners", and I interpreted it as " I've also noticed a lot more black gun owners." I thought it meant that more people (men and women) were buying AR-15s. :):

I really need to work on my racial awareness... ;)
    Lol I read it as more AR type rifles as well. The evil black guns and all.

1632009057436.png
    1632009108781.png

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    View attachment 158999
    Maybe if the AR-15 was pink it wouldn't be evil anymore.....

My daughter wants all pink rifles and pistols.
    She is a rough little lady but loves pink.
    I dunno how young she is, but I think the little henry mini bolts in muddy girl look pretty cool:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I dunno how young she is, but I think the little henry mini bolts in muddy girl look pretty cool:
    She's 33 now her daughter my granddaughter is 13. She like the pink muddygirl camo look. She is into archery and is good at it.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    :ugh: See, I read "I've also noticed a lot more black gun owners", and I interpreted it as " I've also noticed a lot more black gun owners." I thought it meant that more people (men and women) were buying AR-15s. :):

I really need to work on my racial awareness... ;)
    i don't think you do.

that's why i try to pull as many responsible blacks as possible down this rabbit hole. i'd like to have everyone, regardless of skin tone, recognized as black gun owners. lol

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    View attachment 158999

my 15 yr old gdaughter wants a pink glock for her 16th bday. she likes my .40 m&p shield "but they don't come in pink!"

she's a pretty good shot with her mother's g43

Kernelkrink

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2016
    grant county
    Both daughters and my wife know how to properly handle a firearm and are all good shots. Only the oldest daughter will actually carry one, and that is probably due to a couple of life experiences; one where she did not have a gun that did not end so well for her, and the second where she did have a gun that turned out better for her.

Dad grew up on a farm and was in the Army in the ETO during WWII. He owned guns and used them all his life until Mom got pregnant with her first child and then they had to go. Mom totally bought into the gun control propaganda that the kids would be having gunfights in the living room over the last Snickers bar in the fridge.

Was like this until I was about 12, one day we were going camping over the weekend and to get an early start (my Dad worked 3rd shift) we all loaded into the camper the night before and Dad parked the camper on the road outside the plant where he worked. We were about to bed down for the night when a bunch of drunk kids in a convertible pulled up alongside and started yelling "Any women in there? We know ya got women in there" and similar. Mom "armed" all the kids, she kept the most effective steak knife for herself. Looking at her oldest with a hammer down to my little sister wielding a length of heater hose, she pretty much had her Epiphany.

Dad didn't even get all the way inside the door the next morning before Mom was TELLING him they were buying a gun! After that day she was never without a gun in easy reach until she passed away.

"Conservatives are Liberals who have been mugged" has some truth to it!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Maybe all these new female gun owners will see the light and vote against idiot politicians and their stupid gun control proposals.

Maybe.
    But I know a woman that used to be "anti-gun", till she needed to protect herself.
    She did. (protect herself)
    But now it's.. "no one needs an assault weapon".

pmbiker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    Corn & Bean
    A woman I've been seeing for @6 months was married to an anti 2A man for 25 years.

She started talking about wanting to learn to shoot, so I started her with a 10/22 then a MK III, and progressed from there.

Now she regularly embarrasses me at the dueling tree with my own G19.....and I couldn't be happier.

Last edited:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    One thing you need to remind the ladies and men out there. If you don't keep practicing and you think you have gained a decent level then you never shoot your firearm again for a year or more you will lose what you gained.
    If you don't use it you will lose it applies to shooting skills as well.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    View attachment 158999

My sound stupid, but I have a handgun with a pink grip frame and black slide. I bought it, and carry it at times, because my sister died of breast cancer.

Top Bottom