• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Thomas1969

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 6, 2022
    Noblesville
    My wife wants to carry a gun, but she runs into the problem of either the pistol is too big to conceal, or it’s so small the recoil hurts her hand. Does anyone’s wife have one she really likes?

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I just bought my wife a sig p365. Since she doesn't get it before mother's day, she hasn't shot it yet. Part of me hopes she doesn't like it!

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    I’m not sure if you’re on InstaGram, but if either of you are, check out @armed_and_styled. She’s a smaller-framed woman who offers a lot of useful info to help woman carry more easily and more often.

That aside, while my wife doesn’t carry, she did enjoy a S&W 642 I had for awhile when used with FGMM 148gr WC ammo. Light recoiling and accurate. The LCR in .22WMR or .327 may also be a good fit.

For autos, the P365 or a G43X may work. I hesitate to recommend the G42 or G43 as their recoil is high and snappy for their size to many.

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    Find one she'll carry that doesn't hurt her. My old Keltec P32 is very small, and has little recoil. Much better than no gun.

And for many new carriers, that last sentence is key. Find her something that’s reliable above all else, small enough to carry without having harsh recoil, and then find an ammo for whatever it is that will get the penetration needed to hit the FBI standards. Those are my general criteria, anyway.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    My wife carries a Taurus PT 738 TCP in stainless and pink. It is light weight, easy to operate and the trigger pull is good. She keeps it loaded with Underwood 68 gr. Xtreme Defender ammo.
    MnQTGHe.jpg

CkguKhx.jpg

Thomas1969

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 6, 2022
    Noblesville
    I’m not sure if you’re on InstaGram, but if either of you are, check out @armed_and_styled. She’s a smaller-framed woman who offers a lot of useful info to help woman carry more easily and more often.

That aside, while my wife doesn’t carry, she did enjoy a S&W 642 I had for awhile when used with FGMM 148gr WC ammo. Light recoiling and accurate. The LCR in .22WMR or .327 may also be a good fit.

For autos, the P365 or a G43X may work. I hesitate to recommend the G42 or G43 as their recoil is high and snappy for their size to many.
    Oh that’s something we will have to check out! I love how responsive and helpful this community is. I am new to INGO, but people are still willing to give helpful advice. Thank you.

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    Oh that’s something we will have to check out! I love how responsive and helpful this community is. I am new to INGO, but people are still willing to give helpful advice. Thank you.
    I’m new to INGO as well, but not the hobby/industry. If I’m not willing to share what I know, why go through the trouble of learning it all? :) I’m here to both learn and teach, that’s the fun of it! Let us know what she settles on, then find somewhere to get her some training, even if it’s basic. No amount of fancy gear can compensate for a lack of training!

Thomas1969

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 6, 2022
    Noblesville
    I’m new to INGO as well, but not the hobby/industry. If I’m not willing to share what I know, why go through the trouble of learning it all? :) I’m here to both learn and teach, that’s the fun of it! Let us know what she settles on, then find somewhere to get her some training, even if it’s basic. No amount of fancy gear can compensate for a lack of training!
    Sounds good!

That’s very true. I need to take her to the range more because even the nicest gun on earth is worthless in the hands of someone who isn’t comfortable with it at least to a basic level.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    My wife loved her P32 til she got a case worker job...they don't allow guns (stupid in my opinion) How many case workers have been shot, or attacked?.......JMHO

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    My wife wants to carry a gun, but she runs into the problem of either the pistol is too big to conceal, or it’s so small the recoil hurts her hand. Does anyone’s wife have one she really likes?
    1651984521728.png
    She seems to like a 1911 in 45acp.

I know a few ladies that carry these. Taurus Model 85, Canik TP9v2, Ruger LCP II 22lr, LCP 380, Taurus G2c, and a Ruger SR22.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    While they are often derided these days, my wife loves her S&W model 49. Harsh recoil can be controlled with ammo.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    If recoil is a concern, the Sig P365 is now available in .380. The Glock 42 is another small .380 option. Both of these guns are locked-breech designs, which reduces felt recoil somewhat over the straight-blowback designs chambered in the same cartridge.

Both are quality, well-made handguns that are small enough to conceal well but large enough that they can provide a full, comfortable grip for someone with small hands.

Top Bottom