• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Agreed on the culture and I would guarantee that you take two people from that culture of different race/ethnicity don't care what two they would relate to and understand each other better than I ever would.

And this is exactly the point that I was making up thread. It's not always about race. While African Americans predominately gather in urban communities, there are many that grew up in rural communities like the ones that I was raised in. People who grew up in similar environments and experiences can relate to each other, regardless of race. I can understand the differences in people who experienced different cultures, but I definitely can't relate.

The problem comes when woke culture demands that we relate to these different cultures at the risk of being called racist. That's impossible. I'm not racist simply because I can't relate to your culture. And I won't call you racist because you can't relate to my culture.

I try to treat everyone the same, even if they are different from me. I judge them on their merits of honesty, integrity, and work ethic. And if you lack in any of those areas, you better believe that I will judge you and dislike you for it. But woke culture would tell me I'm racist because of this.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    And this is exactly the point that I was making up thread. It's not always about race. While African Americans predominately gather in urban communities, there are many that grew up in rural communities like the ones that I was raised in. People who grew up in similar environments and experiences can relate to each other, regardless of race. I can understand the differences in people who experienced different cultures, but I definitely can't relate.

The problem comes when woke culture demands that we relate to these different cultures at the risk of being called racist. That's impossible. I'm not racist simply because I can't relate to your culture. And I won't call you racist because you can't relate to my culture.

I try to treat everyone the same, even if they are different from me. I judge them on their merits of honesty, integrity, and work ethic. And if you lack in any of those areas, you better believe that I will judge you and dislike you for it. But woke culture would tell me I'm racist because of this.
    Yes I understand and agree, the reason I quoted and asked was only due to this one part of your post "For the record, I admit that I can't relate to the struggles of a black male. Or an asian male, or a hispanic male. America is a melting pot of different cultures."

I can relate with any of those that grew up in the same culture as me. I've been profiled by my skin color by the police I have no idea how many times and been pulled over for it. I've been explicitly by officers that I was pulled over because of the color of my skin. I've been refused service because of the color of my skin, not considered for a job because of it, been passed over for promotion because they needed someone of a different hue. People think it doesn't happen to folks with lighter colored skin, it does. I'm not the only one I know with the same/similar experiences.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    CHAZ/CHOP is actually a fantastic case study. The Anarchists who took it over had no idea what they were doing, tried to turn it into a commune, couldn't even grow food, and ended up with a Soundcloud rapper installing himself and his armed cronies as a ruler.
    Sounds like they should have called it CHAZdahar or CHOPhdad. IMO, defund the police leads directly to warlordism, that the best organized and most willing to use violence will end up running the streets, and gangs are usually near the top of that list

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Sounds like they should have called it CHAZdahar or CHOPhdad. IMO, defund the police leads directly to warlordism, that the best organized and most willing to use violence will end up running the streets, and gangs are usually near the top of that list
    Nature abhors a vacuum. Why does history continue to show that such vacuums are usually filled by the most cunning, ruthless and violent?

Top Bottom