• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    I wish I knew enough to jump in, but I'm just beginning to research it. (of course with its impact to the church)
    This has nothing to do with the church. This is about certain people seizing on an opportunity to use the church as a sounding board to advance their agendas. This is nothing new. Westboro Baptist used the church to condemn gays. Sadly, many other churches use their platform to rally the masses for a plethora of issues that have nothing to do with the teachings of Jesus.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    This has nothing to do with the church. This is about certain people seizing on an opportunity to use the church as a sounding board to advance their agendas. This is nothing new. Westboro Baptist used the church to condemn gays. Sadly, many other churches use their platform to rally the masses for a plethora of issues that have nothing to do with the teachings of Jesus.
    It's an issue that affects the church... one needs only look at Twitter, or listen to podcasts, or read periodicals... Christians are trying to work through it.

Of course, this is a sane discussion / conflict dealt with brotherly love, not to be confused with the wackadoodle racist "devotional".

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    This is how it appears to me. Witness what happened in Portland with their "black people only" zones in "Chaz" or whatever they were calling their autonomous zone. And also what has happened with some colleges out east going with "blacks only" dormatories. Things that would not have been acceptable after the CRA are now all the rage, only the roles have been reversed.
    CHAZ/CHOP is actually a fantastic case study. The Anarchists who took it over had no idea what they were doing, tried to turn it into a commune, couldn't even grow food, and ended up with a Soundcloud rapper installing himself and his armed cronies as a ruler.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Like many other attempts before, people looking to seize control want to control the church to give their regime legitimacy.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Honestly, it’s been that way since they were framing the first house of worship of any religion.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    The cult of wokeness has been running amok all over the land for quite some time now. It's cost us riots, freedoms, an election, a plandemic... there just never seems to be an end to what people won't sacrifice on the altar of wokedom. There is a so called human out there claims to be a Christian, who wrote a devotional book that includes a prayer where she asks God to help her have the strength to "hate white people".

Really? I'm not exactly a saint, but someone please explain to me the idea of a self proclaimed Christian... asking God, to help hate people...

https://www.theblaze.com/news/bests...people?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

View attachment 134558

The division and hatred that is being instilled within the population right now in the blessed name of wokeness has got to be put to a stop somehow.
    I don't know how, at least not peacefully... (that's the scary part) but it needs to stop.
    I feel like Solomon Kane needs to walk the earth vanquishing evil.

To Hell with the "woke folk".

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    CHAZ/CHOP is actually a fantastic case study. The Anarchists who took it over had no idea what they were doing, tried to turn it into a commune, couldn't even grow food, and ended up with a Soundcloud rapper installing himself and his armed cronies as a ruler.
    No surprises there. If you want a warlord, this was the way to get them.
    If I recall correctly wasn't the de-facto Warlord the dude that wouldn't share the town bullhorn?
    That had to be the funniest bunch of nitwits ever.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I can agree that there’s not much overt racism anymore. Now it embedded in coded language. Like “Canadians,” or “Channel Zero.” In a world where your footprints can easily be tracked, and with everyone waking up, it’s smart. There are a LOT, prejudiced people out there of all colors, and people have friends like that, sometimes don’t even realize it.
    Could you explain your examples of coded language please? In all seriousness I've never heard them. And while I'll agree that there are probably a lot of prejudiced people, in regards to racially prejudiced I don't believe it's anywhere near a majority (51%) I'd argue it's a lot lower, not sure I could come up with % but much lower. I know of a few "acquaintances" that are prejudiced by race, but not that many. And yes I may just not know it, I'll agree. But I've worked in various places with a mixed workforce and from what I've seen by actions, very few were prejudiced. And to give you an idea of the type of place I'm currently living and describing there used to be a sign on the state highway coming into the county "Welcome to White County, please notice the name, we intend to keep it that way". And yes it was an official county sign, not something someone threw up in their yard. Now that was long before I moved here, hell it was iirc before I was born but not by much.
    And how much of this perceived prejudice or racism is not actually racism at all, but a simple case of cultural differences?

I am a white male. I grew up in mostly rural areas. I hunt, I fish, I own and carry guns. The culture that I grew up in is much different than that of my best friend who grew up in Brooklyn. Now you take an African American male who grew up in an urban setting, where gangs are the norm, and you have an entirely different cultural experience. Or a Hispanic male who grew up in a predominately Hispanic neighborhood in Miami. The list could go on...

For the record, I admit that I can't relate to the struggles of a black male. Or an asian male, or a hispanic male. America is a melting pot of different cultures. That's what makes it great. I wouldn't call an Asian male racist because he didn't fully relate to the culture that I grew up in. We don't need to relate to different cultures. In fact, I would argue that one CAN'T relate to a different culture unless they are immersed in that culture.
    Very good post. But a few questions, could you relate to a white male who grew up in an inner city environment where gangs are the norm? I grew up suburban, I wouldn't relate well if at all with a white inner city kid, or a very rural one. Near suburbia/city rural a bit more, we had friends and family who lived rural. But those that grew up dirt poor rural? Oh hell no. There was a guy I used to work with and we were talking, he knew a bit of my background and was talking about his. He was telling me about his life growing up on a farm, how they bought almost nothing from the store because they couldn't afford it. He told me about chicken killing day with his family. His mom would save every cent she could and in the spring they would buy as many chicks as they could, they would raise them and when they were old enough the family would get together and slaughter/pluck/process them, him and his brothers would kill, his sisters would hang them by their feet from the clothes line and pluck them, then mom would dip them in a big pot of wax to peel the pin feathers off. Then he asked me to please don't get the wrong idea, it was a day of happiness and celebration. Not that they were killing, but that there was going to be food. I could understand, but there was no way I could relate. This was white male to white male of about the same age.

The reason I bring this up is IMO a lot of the differences aren't based on race, it's based on experiences. As you said. Race is just what gets pushed, by people on both sides. Now the question is, how do we stop it, and how do we stop people from profiting off of it?
    This is an excellent post, and thank you for being candid. I’m kinda busy, so I’ll address it later, with an edit.
    but FYI, I too grew up rural, hunt, fish, mudding, rode horses, partied in barns, and raided stills in the woods. Obviously I also own and carry guns.
    I'd love to read your address of his post, and I'm being serious not snarky. But similar question as I asked above. Did you know many/any blacks that were inner city from gang infested areas? If not, can you relate with how they grew up?
    I don't have anything to reconcile
    I don't believe he was talking about individuals, he was talking the country as a whole. Think segregation, banks red lining areas, among a bunch of other things.
    I wish I knew enough to jump in, but I'm just beginning to research it. (of course with its impact to the church)
    I know a little, I need to know a lot more.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    If all the other groups condone racism and sexism towards white Caucasians, then the issue is not really racism or sexism. That's just the language they are using (incorrectly) to punish one distinct group. Society is more prejudiced against white males than any other group. Excuses are made up to say stupid things where it's okay to do so, but that's a fabrication. If you're treating any group differently based on skin color or sex, that's racism/sexism. This is completely done on purpose to divide us and keep us from uniting against politicians pushing this poison.

And how much of this perceived prejudice or racism is not actually racism at all, but a simple case of cultural differences?

I am a white male. I grew up in mostly rural areas. I hunt, I fish, I own and carry guns. The culture that I grew up in is much different than that of my best friend who grew up in Brooklyn. Now you take an African American male who grew up in an urban setting, where gangs are the norm, and you have an entirely different cultural experience. Or a Hispanic male who grew up in a predominately Hispanic neighborhood in Miami. The list could go on...

The point is that for the most part, we gravitate toward the culture that we know and are comfortable with. The problem with much of the racial accusations that I see today stems from a failure to understand differing cultures. Example: I had a black co-worker attempt to convince me that I was inherently racist because I was a white male who grew up in a white male culture, and since I could not relate to the struggles of a black male, that made me racist.

For the record, I admit that I can't relate to the struggles of a black male. Or an asian male, or a hispanic male. America is a melting pot of different cultures. That's what makes it great. I wouldn't call an Asian male racist because he didn't fully relate to the culture that I grew up in. We don't need to relate to different cultures. In fact, I would argue that one CAN'T relate to a different culture unless they are immersed in that culture.

But the accusations of racism continue. And they are usually aimed at Caucasians. And the accuser doesn't need proof of overt racism to make his accusations. He simply assumes racism based on lack of understanding of a different culture. The lines have been drawn, and they are lop sided. The expectation is for all Caucasians to empathize with Black, Hispanic, and Asian cultures. But those cultures are not expected to empathize with the Caucasian. If anything is racist, THAT is racist.

Very well said. Humans are tribal creatures and feel more comfortable with their own tribes. We've made phenomenal strides in treating other races, cultures, sexes and such the same here in America, but that is being sabotaged by the Left and we're sliding backwards because of it.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    I don't believe he was talking about individuals, he was talking the country as a whole. Think segregation, banks red lining areas, among a bunch of other things.

All Muslims are bad, red heads have bad tempers, white man sucks.....

If that is the real focus of the movement, then define it and do not paint an entire group as bad. That is racism!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

justacog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2018
    Brownstown
    To me this isn't really any different than the power seeking of high school cliques and their sneering condescension of any "other" from their perch on the mound of what little they actually know from their "lived experience". Unfortunately too many people never learned how to be an adult. I have no intention of taking a life long cruise on their journey through mental illness. F* everybody and their artificial social constructs. I'll wrap myself in a cloak of critical thinking and the scientific method, and take the lumps if any that I make for myself. If that means dying alone, terms enthusiastically accepted.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Like it or not, some folks refuse to act decent. You can blame environment or culture or genetics. Doesnt matter.

These people need not pollute society any further.

Respecting others means respecting yourself.....really respecting yourself.
    And the cornerstone of self esteem is telling the truth.

Those that have excuses are liars. They will never be happy and will never succeed.

Entitlement mindset is the strongest form of slavery.

Figure it out, be decent, or leave.
    Move to another country, or be planted.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Ran into a person i used to work with.
    Liberal. Now a druggie.
    Its sad, but not unexpected......because of her attitude.
    Always an excuse.

Some people, for a variety of reasons, refuse to subscribe to the template of success.

Too bad they do a lot of damage before they expire.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Ran into a person i used to work with.
    Liberal. Now a druggie.
    Its sad, but not unexpected......because of her attitude.
    Always an excuse.

Some people, for a variety of reasons, refuse to subscribe to the template of success.

Too bad they do a lot of damage before they expire.

Also, template of success doesn't necessarily have a racial value. Hard work ethic is what is mostly required, as well as trying to make good life choices. I hate it when minorities who do this and succeed are somehow looked down on as "acting white". That kind of attitude does nothing but hold people back.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Could you explain your examples of coded language please? In all seriousness I've never heard them. And while I'll agree that there are probably a lot of prejudiced people, in regards to racially prejudiced I don't believe it's anywhere near a majority (51%) I'd argue it's a lot lower, not sure I could come up with % but much lower. I know of a few "acquaintances" that are prejudiced by race, but not that many. And yes I may just not know it, I'll agree. But I've worked in various places with a mixed workforce and from what I've seen by actions, very few were prejudiced. And to give you an idea of the type of place I'm currently living and describing there used to be a sign on the state highway coming into the county "Welcome to White County, please notice the name, we intend to keep it that way". And yes it was an official county sign, not something someone threw up in their yard. Now that was long before I moved here, hell it was iirc before I was born but not by much.

Very good post. But a few questions, could you relate to a white male who grew up in an inner city environment where gangs are the norm? I grew up suburban, I wouldn't relate well if at all with a white inner city kid, or a very rural one. Near suburbia/city rural a bit more, we had friends and family who lived rural. But those that grew up dirt poor rural? Oh hell no. There was a guy I used to work with and we were talking, he knew a bit of my background and was talking about his. He was telling me about his life growing up on a farm, how they bought almost nothing from the store because they couldn't afford it. He told me about chicken killing day with his family. His mom would save every cent she could and in the spring they would buy as many chicks as they could, they would raise them and when they were old enough the family would get together and slaughter/pluck/process them, him and his brothers would kill, his sisters would hang them by their feet from the clothes line and pluck them, then mom would dip them in a big pot of wax to peel the pin feathers off. Then he asked me to please don't get the wrong idea, it was a day of happiness and celebration. Not that they were killing, but that there was going to be food. I could understand, but there was no way I could relate. This was white male to white male of about the same age.

The reason I bring this up is IMO a lot of the differences aren't based on race, it's based on experiences. As you said. Race is just what gets pushed, by people on both sides. Now the question is, how do we stop it, and how do we stop people from profiting off of it?

I'd love to read your address of his post, and I'm being serious not snarky. But similar question as I asked above. Did you know many/any blacks that were inner city from gang infested areas? If not, can you relate with how they grew up?

I grew up in the burbs but spent a lot of time on the family farm until it was parceled off when the great grand parents passed and the poor white trash family swarmed the ramparts grabbing everything they could get. Truth here. They were dirt poor.
    The times you describe as to chickens and livestock were the norm. I saw it and experienced it. I did not live it. But I worked it when my turn to help came up.
    Depression farmers had their ways.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    All Muslims are bad, red heads have bad tempers, white man sucks.....

If that is the real focus of the movement, then define it and do not paint an entire group as bad. That is racism!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't believe that is what this movement is about, Kut was just asking how much of a component of this could be of it.
    I grew up in the burbs but spent a lot of time on the family farm until it was parceled off when the great grand parents passed and the poor white trash family swarmed the ramparts grabbing everything they could get. Truth here. They were dirt poor.
    The times you describe as to chickens and livestock were the norm. I saw it and experienced it. I did not live it. But I worked it when my turn to help came up.
    Depression farmers had their ways.
    Oh I believed him and you, I've seen it myself once or twice. You while not living it, did experience it and I'm guessing at a younger age (Jurassic?) could probably relate to people who did live it. At least much closer than me, who can understand but in no way shape or form relate. I never saw anything like it until I was an adult. My Mom was born shortly after the end of the Great Depression and I heard stories from her about people from that era. Being a suburban kid in the 70-80's I couldn't even imagine let alone relate to some of them. I can understand when I hear from a little girl about how her mom brings home dead animals and she likes to play with them (got the full story from the mom later, she ran a trap line for extra money and her daughter would take the critters and dress them up and push them around in a baby stroller and treat them like dolls, mom couldn't afford new (or used) toys or dolls very often) and not be shocked, but relate?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I don't believe that is what this movement is about, Kut was just asking how much of a component of this could be of it.

Oh I believed him and you, I've seen it myself once or twice. You while not living it, did experience it and I'm guessing at a younger age (Jurassic?) could probably relate to people who did live it. At least much closer than me, who can understand but in no way shape or form relate. I never saw anything like it until I was an adult. My Mom was born shortly after the end of the Great Depression and I heard stories from her about people from that era. Being a suburban kid in the 70-80's I couldn't even imagine let alone relate to some of them. I can understand when I hear from a little girl about how her mom brings home dead animals and she likes to play with them (got the full story from the mom later, she ran a trap line for extra money and her daughter would take the critters and dress them up and push them around in a baby stroller and treat them like dolls, mom couldn't afford new (or used) toys or dolls very often) and not be shocked, but relate?
    It is a culture unto itself in sooooooooo many ways.

I learned early to kill/clean about anything. Road kill as well. Seriously. If it was meat it was edible. Probably why I never kept a desire to hunt or eat game. Just lost my desire (if I ever had one) past a mess of fresh caught crappie.
    Survival. Those people survived. This crop of candy asses we have now would perish with the cell phones going down in a real crisis.

Jurassic.......:lmfao:

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    It is a culture unto itself in sooooooooo many ways.

I learned early to kill/clean about anything. Road kill as well. Seriously. If it was meat it was edible. Probably why I never kept a desire to hunt or eat game. Just lost my desire (if I ever had one) past a mess of fresh caught crappie.
    Survival. Those people survived. This crop of candy asses we have now would perish with the cell phones going down in a real crisis.

Jurassic.......:lmfao:
    Agreed on the culture and I would guarantee that you take two people from that culture of different race/ethnicity don't care what two they would relate to and understand each other better than I ever would.

I would survive better than this new crop (I hope), but people like were talking about? Hell no. Those people know survival, they don't train and practice just in case or for fun. They do it because they have had to all their lives. But heck even the new crop of people like this would outlast me, and for the same reason.

Top Bottom