• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    So I have been deer hunting with 7.62X39 for the last three years and the sound and fire ball generated out of a 10.5" barreled AR was BRUTAL!!!

I didn't want to be on the radar of the constitution stomping government agency who feels they can do what ever they want so I checked out Witt Machine's SME unit.

https://wittmachine.net/product/sme-sound-mitigation-equipment-slimline/

BEST $175.00 I have ever spent!!!!

This year had 8 doe come in at 15 yards, picked out the largest one and dropped her in her tracks.

NO ear ring, NO HUGE muzzle flash....it was AWESOME for what I was hoping to achieve.

The rest of the girls ran maybe 20 yards and I could hear them just lightly stomping the ground and letting out little bleats.

I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

This is NOT a suppressor but it does send the bulk of the noise well away from your ears. I am not saying this is hearing safe and at the range I still put my ears on but for hunting applications it ROCKS!

FYI I just got an email from them...use the promo code Whiskey and get an additional 17.76% off at checkout on store wide....that gets you down below $150.00......May have to order a second....LOL

And no....I do not work for them....just giving a review.

Last edited:

tikkasako6.5

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2022
    Sparta, TN
    So I have been deer hunting with 7.62X39 for the last three years and the sound and fire ball generated out of a 10.5" barreled AR was BRUTAL!!!

I didn't want to be on the radar of the constitution stomping government agency who feels they can do what ever they want so I checked out Witt Machine's SME unit.

https://wittmachine.net/product/sme-sound-mitigation-equipment-slimline/

BEST $175.00 I have ever spent!!!!

This year had 8 doe come in at 15 yards, picked out the largest one and dropped her in her tracks.

NO ear ring, NO HUGE muzzle flash....it was AWESOME for what I was hoping to achieve.

The rest of the girls ran maybe 20 yards and I could hear them just lightly stomping the ground and letting out little bleats.

I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

This is NOT a suppressor but it does send the bulk of the noise well away from your ears. I am not saying this is hearing safe and at the range I still put my ears on but for hunting applications it ROCKS!

FYI I just got an email from them...use the promo code Whiskey and get an additional 17.76% off at checkout on store wide....that gets you down below $150.00......May have to order a second....LOL

And no....I do not work for them....just giving a review.
    Ken Wittekiend of Witt Machine is a crook. He takes your money in 1 millisecond, goes silent, replies by email that his non delivery after months of asking is your fault, promises a refund, and goes silent again. Not bad for a man who professes to produce silencers. Please do NOT accept my words here, go online and check his performance years back. I got taken, please do not. Des ONeill, Sparta, TN. (how's that for honesty?)

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Witt Machine is a crooked operation. Do the work, check all the online complaints over the years. He owes me $246 he took 4 months ago..........
    Lots of BBB complaints. So maybe make sure if you want one you only buy from local stocking dealers/gun shows where its "cash" and carry.

ETA: It looks like historically he made complainants whole. But it appears since November 2022 he has stopped responding to BBB complaints, and you would assume, to customers as well.

Last edited:

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    Witt Machine is a crooked operation. Do the work, check all the online complaints over the years. He owes me $246 he took 4 months ago..........
    Well sorry you had problems with them.

I was just reviewing my personal experience with the product.

Was the delivery "Amazon fast" NO but I did get the item ordered, it performed better that I could have expected, and I did not have to deal with waiting a year for the ATF's permission, paying $200.00 for a tax stamp, and getting added to their "list" of people to come visit later when they change their mind about what is legal to own.

Top Bottom