Wish it was me, but what would you have done?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    From another article. The government doesn't care if you've committed a crime or not, you are still guilty...

"Unsure of what to do, the couple reported the M-16s to authorities. Within hours, ATF and FBI agents seized the one open box with the 12 weapons. Shortly thereafter, the ATF obtained a search warrant for the couple's storage unit. They spent most of Monday on location, going through the boxes."
    And?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Aren't search warrants based on probably cause?
    Seems like there's ****ery afoot if they're being accused of wrongdoing to get that warrant.
    probable cause like someone being in possession of unregistered machine guns? Are you saying that the feds have to take everyone's word for what happens?

C'mon.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    probable cause like someone being in possession of unregistered machine guns? Are you saying that the feds have to take everyone's word for what happens?

C'mon.

Well, this other lawyer just told me otherwise...

1) When you get something like that you didn't expect, you have obviously committed no crime.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Closest I've ever come.

Thankfully I was not truly tested.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Closest I've ever come.

Thankfully I was not truly tested.

Sounds like you need warranted...

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I'm a buzz kill. That's what I do.

They would have tracked them down eventually.

1) When you get something like that you didn't expect, you have obviously committed no crime.

2) At the point you decide to keep them and choose to exercise possessory control over them, you have committed a crime (several).

Personally, I don't want to find out at what point between #1 and #2 I have to start explaining myself to the U.S. Atty.
    But what if Jesus sent them?

Bighoss91

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 14, 2020
    Milton
    The "setup" aspect of just seems glowing to me like that was meant for someone they hoped would not say anything. Maybe I'm a pessimist but had a " right wing extremist" ended up with those I bet it would have been a wildly different story telling.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    The "setup" aspect of just seems glowing to me like that was meant for someone they hoped would not say anything. Maybe I'm a pessimist but had a " right wing extremist" ended up with those I bet it would have been a wildly different story telling.

Probably shoot a mother while holding her child....maybe a son and dog for good measure.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

C'mon.
    Sounds like a great way to get a warrant. Ship someone you want to issue a warrant to search, something they didn't order and then use the receiving of that item as probable cause.

Really seems like proof that at least some weapons shipped and maybe received were not accounted for when they were turned in would be needed for PC.

Top Bottom