Wish it was me, but what would you have done?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    The stupidity of people sometimes:

"It’s almost surreal to believe something like that happen nowadays. It’s incredible,” said retired Houston police captain and former Marine Greg Fremin. "It’s unbelievable to think weapons of that grade, military-grade weapons, would be shipped in containers, would be shipped across state lines, and somebody have access to that. It’s pretty shocking."

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I have come across a whole bottom floor of an open bay military barracks unsecured with the floor covered from wall to wall with laid out M-16A1 rifles, and two missing second Lieutenants. And I have also stumbled across two suppressed MP-5's belonging to the Marion County Sheriffs Department SWAT Team left out on a picnic table at the Sheriffs range before.
    The Lieutenants went to a snack bar for sodas, the Deputy just forgot he had them on the table.
    It happens.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I'm a buzz kill. That's what I do.

They would have tracked them down eventually.

1) When you get something like that you didn't expect, you have obviously committed no crime.

2) At the point you decide to keep them and choose to exercise possessory control over them, you have committed a crime (several).

Personally, I don't want to find out at what point between #1 and #2 I have to start explaining myself to the U.S. Atty.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Temptation would be strong, but hopefully I would do what I've done with any other package that was delivered to me by error. Return it to the rightful owner. Amazon has told me to keep it a few times, though, when they accidentally sent me some low budget stuff. I'm using charging cables that I didn't order but were in the box anyway. I did report it, they said not to bother with it. So I use them.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    1) When you get something like that you didn't expect, you have obviously committed no crime.
    From another article. The government doesn't care if you've committed a crime or not, you are still guilty...

"Unsure of what to do, the couple reported the M-16s to authorities. Within hours, ATF and FBI agents seized the one open box with the 12 weapons. Shortly thereafter, the ATF obtained a search warrant for the couple's storage unit. They spent most of Monday on location, going through the boxes."

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    From another article. The government doesn't care if you've committed a crime or not, you are still guilty...

"Unsure of what to do, the couple reported the M-16s to authorities. Within hours, ATF and FBI agents seized the one open box with the 12 weapons. Shortly thereafter, the ATF obtained a search warrant for the couple's storage unit. They spent most of Monday on location, going through the boxes."

Aren't search warrants based on probably cause?
    Seems like there's ****ery afoot if they're being accused of wrongdoing to get that warrant.

tmcindy

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2014
    Avon, IN
    AR-15s? Maybe think about it for a second. M-16s? Uh, no. lol You're looking at life in a Federal Prison for sure.

Top Bottom