• ...and so much more!
  • ionguy

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 29, 2021
    elkhart
    Pre 57 model 94 Winchester chambered in 32 Winchester special my dad bought it brand new and gave it to me when i turned 16 im now 35 it is the only gun in my collection that will never be forsale .... but with that being said was wondering the value on it and if anyone knew of a good video or tutorial on how to clean it as according to my dad it has never bin really cleaned cleaned and i would really like to clean it and have no clue on how to do it

Attachments

• 20210623_225617.jpg
      20210623_225617.jpg
      615.5 KB · Views: 26
    • 20210623_225659.jpg
      20210623_225659.jpg
      681.4 KB · Views: 26
    • 20210623_225538.jpg
      20210623_225538.jpg
      576.4 KB · Views: 26

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Great gift.

Were it me, the value would come in right around "priceless". Other data would be "NA".

Plenty of videos out there on how to break down and clean.

The only friendly advice I can offer is use screwdrivers that fit the screw slots. If you do not have screwdrivers that fit the screw slots, acquire good screwdrivers that fit the screw slots. Do not skimp. Then, when you get the screwdrivers that fit the screw slots, take your time in using the screwdrivers that fit the screw slots on the screws.

Others will be along, I am sure, with additional advice.....but make sure you use screwdrivers that fit with the screw slots.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    That`s fantastic...

One of the biggest mistakes I EVER made...I had found a Winchester 94 in .44 Magnum on GunBroker, and bought it for a fair price. Got it, and even though I hated to mess up the traditional look, I mounted a Leupold 3x9 on top and sighted it in with the LeverRevolution ammo. It grouped fine, and my first season hunting with it, I killed a nice little 6-point buck. Several years later, I ended up selling the rifle to my nephew and I don`t remember why all this happened. I asked him in passing one day, if he ever was going to get rid of that rifle, give me first dibs, because I would absolutely buy it back. He said he`ll never part with it. :tantrum:

Biggest gun related mistake I`ve ever made...

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    That`s fantastic...

One of the biggest mistakes I EVER made...I had found a Winchester 94 in .44 Magnum on GunBroker, and bought it for a fair price. Got it, and even though I hated to mess up the traditional look, I mounted a Leupold 3x9 on top and sighted it in with the LeverRevolution ammo. It grouped fine, and my first season hunting with it, I killed a nice little 6-point buck. Several years later, I ended up selling the rifle to my nephew and I don`t remember why all this happened. I asked him in passing one day, if he ever was going to get rid of that rifle, give me first dibs, because I would absolutely buy it back. He said he`ll never part with it. :tantrum:

I've been on the lookout for the right Winchester 94ae .357 magnum for years. I've settled on Marlins and Henry to scratch that itch, but I will have the Winchester some day.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    Pre 57 model 94 Winchester chambered in 32 Winchester special my dad bought it brand new and gave it to me when i turned 16 im now 35 it is the only gun in my collection that will never be forsale .... but with that being said was wondering the value on it and if anyone knew of a good video or tutorial on how to clean it as according to my dad it has never bin really cleaned cleaned and i would really like to clean it and have no clue on how to do it
    You mention "pre 57"? Do you know what year prior to 1957 it was made? By looking on Gun-broker they are going for anywhere from $700.00 to $1100.00 depending on condition. I have owned two pre-64 1894's in 32 WS. I can tell you that buying ammo for the 32WS can be expensive and that was before the current ammo shortage.. Infact at gun-shows when I was searching for 32WS. I would ask the dealers and many would say "32 what?" Many had never heard of the caliber. None the less nice rifle and neat old caliber. Best of luck.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    A wonderful rifle and an excellent cartridge. I like these and Model 94s in 32-40. You can easily make ammo from 30-30 cases and the RCBS 170 grain FN gas check will give you all the accuracy the rifle can deliver.

Nazgul is spot on about it liking cast bullets.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I don't know about the value, but I got one just like it from my gpa in 32 special also.

Yours is in significantly better condition, mine is the rifle he always grabbed when he headed out the door after something.

ionguy

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 29, 2021
    elkhart
    You mention "pre 57"? Do you know what year prior to 1957 it was made? By looking on Gun-broker they are going for anywhere from $700.00 to $1100.00 depending on condition. I have owned two pre-64 1894's in 32 WS. I can tell you that buying ammo for the 32WS can be expensive and that was before the current ammo shortage.. Infact at gun-shows when I was searching for 32WS. I would ask the dealers and many would say "32 what?" Many had never heard of the caliber. None the less nice rifle and neat old caliber. Best of luck.
    yea ive ran into that also with with ammo at gun shows and even local gun shop..... ive always bin able to find ammo for it at dunhams ...
    as far as exact year its a 1950

ionguy

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 29, 2021
    elkhart
    Great gift.

Were it me, the value would come in right around "priceless". Other data would be "NA".

The only friendly advice I can offer is use screwdrivers that fit the screw slots. If you do not have screwdrivers that fit the screw slots, acquire good screwdrivers that fit the screw slots. Do not skimp. Then, when you get the screwdrivers that fit the screw slots, take your time in using the screwdrivers that fit the screw slots on the screws.

Others will be along, I am sure, with additional advice.....but make sure you use screwdrivers that fit with the screw slots.
    yes to me it is priceless and already plan on giving it to my son when he turns 16...so 6 more years and it will be his ... im really hoping he will want to use it for dear hunting at least for a few years like i did when i first got it

ionguy

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 29, 2021
    elkhart
    I don't know about the value, but I got one just like it from my gpa in 32 special also.

Yours is in significantly better condition, mine is the rifle he always grabbed when he headed out the door after something.
    yea my mom has on that was my grandpas(her dad) that is even nicer than mine and older

ionguy

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 29, 2021
    elkhart
    That`s fantastic...

yea ive wanted to mount a scope on mine but cant bring myself to do it as my dad never did and hunted with it for several years like this iron sights so this is how ill always keep it

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Another vote for the proper screwdrivers. Even cheap screwdrivers of the correct size are better than the wrong size driver.

And if the screw doesnt want to budge, a drop of penetrating oil on the screw and then let it sit overnight.

This may seem trivial, but on older, rarer, more valuable guns, using the correct tools and not forcing screws is VERY important so as not to lessen the value of the gun due to mangled screws that you cant just go to Ace Hardware (or anywhere else) to replace.

goob469

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    Like someone else said - priceless and monetarily $1k'ish. You just can't beat a lever action - lots of fun to shoot.

Win52C

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Lawrence County
    Great gift.

What he said. Invest in a set of GUNSMITH screwdrivers the have flat sides, not angled like common screwdrivers. It will save the screws!!

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Great gift.

I'm trying to get what your saying about screwdrivers fitting screws, are you say they should fit well?......would gunsmith screwdrivers work?.....Just wondering......Should that have been in purple?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Also, when and if you do the full teardown and cleaning, allow plenty of time. A 94 is not nearly as easy/forgiving as a 92. Best thing is clear the bench, and if you run into issues let it sit and come back another evening. They really should not be hurried

My 44 also doesn't much care for hollow points, for reasons I have yet to precisely determine (mostly from a lack of time spent)

Top Bottom