Status
    Not open for further replies.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I tell y’all what I don’t get and I think most “anti covid vaccine” people don’t get.

if you Mbills or anyone else gets the vaccine that’s supposed to protect you then why do unvaccinated people need to wear masks or be segregated from you?

I got vaccines for all kinds of stuff to go overseas that will protect me if I’m exposed to someone who has those diseases or viruses. Why is this different? Does the vaccine really protect you? If it does then why does everyone even those who have survived and now have antibodies need it?

This makes no logical sense. I think this view is held by mostly conservatives because they as a group focus on logical arguments. Conservatives aren’t arguing 2+2= 5, liberals are.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Who, exactly, is calling for arrests to be made for people not getting vaccinated here in the United States?

Well, this isn't "arrest"...

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Full disclosure, I didn't click on any of the links only because I'm getting low on blood pressure medicine until I see my doc on Friday.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy

Looked at every link...still didn't see anyone calling for people refusing the vaccine to be jailed. Sure, an academic exercise discussing whether it could happen, but I don't see anyone calling for it.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I tell y’all what I don’t get and I think most “anti covid vaccine” people don’t get.

if you Mbills or anyone else gets the vaccine that’s supposed to protect you then why do unvaccinated people need to wear masks or be segregated from you?

I got vaccines for all kinds of stuff to go overseas that will protect me if I’m exposed to someone who has those diseases or viruses. Why is this different? Does the vaccine really protect you? If it does then why does everyone even those who have survived and now have antibodies need it?

This makes no logical sense. I think this view is held by mostly conservatives because they as a group focus on logical arguments. Conservatives aren’t arguing 2+2= 5, liberals are.
    I covered this previously, but a few reasons:

1) I care about other people and would like for them to live.

2) As vaccination rates increase, spread decreases.

3) No vaccine is 100% effective.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central

The vaccine doesn't prevent the virus from entering your system, neither did the other vaccines you have received. They only provide you're immune system with the ability to recognize the virus faster and get it under control before the virus can multiply and become stronger.

I imagine they are saying to still take precautions, because they don't know yet wether the viral load that enters your body is large enough to still allow you to spread it.

The vaccine has never been designed to keep you from getting the virus, vaccines are designed to keep you from getting sick from the virus after it gets in your system.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    The vaccine doesn't prevent the virus from entering your system, neither did the other vaccines you have received. They only provide you're immune system with the ability to recognize the virus faster and get it under control before the virus can multiply and become stronger.

I imagine they are saying to still take precautions, because they don't know yet wether the viral load that enters your body is large enough to still allow you to spread it.

The vaccine has never been designed to keep you from getting the virus, vaccines are designed to keep you from getting sick from the virus after it gets in your system.

So the vaccine is ineffective at what it's supposed to do?
    If it's able to keep you from getting sick, and everyone has had a chance to get a vaccine if they want one, there's no longer a reason to have masks.

And don't get into the percentage game when the risk of death from the virus is already at an astonishingly low percentage risk. There's no reason to alter society completely over a percent or 2 of risk.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Looked at every link...still didn't see anyone calling for people refusing the vaccine to be jailed. Sure, an academic exercise discussing whether it could happen, but I don't see anyone calling for it.

Some were calling for it to be "mandatory".
    What happens when you refuse something mandatory?

Jail or a gun.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    So the vaccine is ineffective at what it's supposed to do?
    If it's able to keep you from getting sick, and everyone has had a chance to get a vaccine if they want one, there's no longer a reason to have masks.

And don't get into the percentage game when the risk of death from the virus is already at an astonishingly low percentage risk. There's no reason to alter society completely over a percent or 2 of risk.
    I have no idea how you got that from what I said.

I do agree that if everyone who wants the vaccine has gotten the vaccine, then there is no need for a mask. Has everyone that wants the vaccine received it?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Because the vaccine does not make you "immune".
    All it does is raise your "resistance"
    If enough people have higher resistance, then less of the virus is transmitted.
    Each "generation" of the virus becomes less and less populous.

But if you were to take a vaccinated person, and put them in a room filled shoulder to shoulder with infected people, it would be too much for the vaccinated person's immune system.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I have no idea how you got that from what I said.

I do agree that if everyone who wants the vaccine has gotten the vaccine, then there is no need for a mask. Has everyone that wants the vaccine received it?

It has been available to basically anyone for at least 3 months now.
    I read somewhere that 50% of the population has received it, and now they're even paying people to take it.

I'd say enough people have received it that we're at that point.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    It has been available to basically anyone for at least 3 months now.
    I read somewhere that 50% of the population has received it, and now they're even paying people to take it.

I'd say enough people have received it that we're at that point.
    I have no idea if everyone that wants to get it has got it.

I will say I've never been a fan of the mask mandates anyways, I always said let the people decide. Gov't should have stayed out of people operating a business and let the owner and customers decide.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Because the vaccine does not make you "immune".
    All it does is raise your "resistance"
    If enough people have higher resistance, then less of the virus is transmitted.
    Each "generation" of the virus becomes less and less populous.

But if you were to take a vaccinated person, and put them in a room filled shoulder to shoulder with infected people, it would be too much for the vaccinated person's immune system.

I know your fighting cognitive dissonance but since when does being vaccinated not mean being immune?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I know your fighting cognitive dissonance but since when does being vaccinated not mean being immune?

Being vaccinated means you got a shot, to enable your body to fight that virus.
    If the amount of virus is too much, then you lose.

If I give you a bullet proof vest, and shoot you 1,000 times, why did you die?
    You were given bullet immunity?

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Being vaccinated means you got a shot, to enable your body to fight that virus.
    If the amount of virus is too much, then you lose.

If I give you a bullet proof vest, and shoot you 1,000 times, why did you die?
    You were given bullet immunity?
    If the bullet proof vest was deemed 98% effective then yes I’d take that chance of getting shot 1000 times.

if the bulletproof vest was deemed 98% effective but it might also give me a heart attack. No

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    It's all about the odds.
    Just like the rest of life.

Vaccines affect YOUR ability to fight the virus.
    And that affects the COMMUNITY ability to fight the virus.

For the record, I DON'T have the vaccine, and don't have any intentions of getting it.

But if you interact with a "tiny" amount of the virus, you are less LIKELY to catch it.
    Less likely, is not a zero amount.
    As the amount of your exposure goes up, your chances of catching it are more likely.

Also, if you have "immunity" to the virus, then your chances go down.
    But, it depends on you level of immunity.
    If you just recently fought the virus off, then the antibodies are still pretty strong.
    So you are more likely to fight it off.
    If it's been years, then your body knows how to fight, but it takes time to build up the antibodies.

Everything is "odds"

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    If the bullet proof vest was deemed 98% effective then yes I’d take that chance of getting shot 1000 times.

if the bulletproof vest was deemed 98% effective but it might also give me a heart attack. No

The bullet proof vest only affects your odds.
    Get hit in the leg in the femoral artery, and you're dead.
    Get hit in the neck, the same.
    Also, a "bullet proof" vest is only so bullet proof.
    Hit it enough times, and it is compromised.
    That depends on the size of the shot, and how many shots hit compromised areas.
    Nothing is bullet proof, any more than rain gear being advertised as "rain proof" is 100 percent effective at stopping all rain.

The same as the vaccine.
    It's only so effective.
    Or rather, it is only so effective at getting your body to fight.
    And your body is only so effective at fighting.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

The vaccine has killed more people in Australia this year than covid has.

Yet people are being told they better shoot up...? :dunno:
    WTAF over.

But hurry and get it.

Hurry....Hurry...Hurry...HURRY....HURRY damnit!

Um, no thank you.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom