Not open for further replies.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Obviously, I don' know the answer to that . However, I saw the photos (from a variety of news sources), and with my daughter's observance, felt like it was certainly true.
    It was during the height of the pandemic in L.A. ..... which was hit heavily. For a while, L.A. county did lead the world in deaths. It was terrible !

My wife is a nurse. Although she hasn't done bedside nursing in many years, she said that someone who was "bucking the ventilator" (slang term) was one of the most horrific things she's ever observed. That's what a patient will do, who is struggling for air, and no matter how much the machine in pumping into them .... it isn't enough. (like a Covid patient)
    The patient has to be restrained, but they're still fighting for life, and wildly convulsing.
    Just her description made me feel nauseated !
    I think they quickly (although not quickly enough) found out that ventilators were doing more harm than good, so maybe that contributed to the higher death rate. And FWIW, I wasn't doubting you or your daughter. Just surprised at that death rate.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    My oldest daughter lives in L.A., and works close to the big hospital .... the one that had a Covid death every (8) minutes, back a few months ago.
    She saw the refrigerated units .... the ones that they were packing the bodies into, because there was no more room in the hospital morgue.

But hey, it's all just a big Scam, and a Plan. Just like when Neil Armstrong landed on the moon ..... it never really happened. It's all just political theater ! :rolleyes:(I'll roll my eyes alongside you)
    They had that problem because they forced all the covid patients into one hospital, shuttered all sorts of other medical facilities and people were fear mongered into being afraid to do anything, including seeking medical help for things they otherwise would have.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Or maybe we can see how efficient the MSM are at spreading fear mongering.

Oops, we agree.

So much fear for an overhyped virus. CNN just caught admitting they hyped it for ratings and to hurt Trump when combined with the expose yesterday.

Ff
    I've been meaning to ask... What does "Ff" mean at the end of your posts?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    They had that problem because they forced all the covid patients into one hospital, shuttered all sorts of other medical facilities and people were fear mongered into being afraid to do anything, including seeking medical help for things they otherwise would have.
    If true, then that at least makes a little sense. Not unlike NY putting covid patients in nursing homes with the most susceptible members of the population.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    If true, then that at least makes a little sense. Not unlike NY putting covid patients in nursing homes with the most susceptible members of the population.
    From almost exactly one year ago 4/9/2020:

Below is a full list of locations provided by Kaiser Permanente and listed alphabetically by community.

Antelope Valley

Palmdale Medical Offices - Closed. Pharmacy remains open Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m .

Downey

Cerritos Medical Offices - Closed; For same day prescriptions, the pharmacy at the Bellflower Medical Offices is open. For mail-order, see information above

• Lynwood Medical Offices - Closed
    • Whittier Vision Essentials - Closed
    Kern County

• East Hills Medical Offices - Closed; For same day prescriptions, the pharmacies at Ming and Stockdale Medical Offices are open. For mail-order, see information above
    • Coffee Medical Offices - Closed; For same day prescriptions, the pharmacies at Ming and Stockdale
    • Medical Offices are open. For mail-order, see information above
    • Vision Essentials - Closed
    Los Angeles Metro

• Pasadena Vision Essentials - Closed
    • East Los Angeles Vision Essentials - Closed
    Orange County

• Aliso Viejo Medical Offices - Closed; For same day prescriptions, the pharmacy at the Irvine Medical Center is open. For mail-order, see information above
    • Alton/Sand Canyon Parkway Medical Offices 1 and 2 - Open; no change
    • Anaheim Hills Medical Offices - Closed; For same day prescriptions, the pharmacy at the Anaheim Medical Center is open. For mail-order, see information above
    • Barranca Medical Offices - Open; no change
    • Brea Medical Offices - Closed; For same day prescriptions, the pharmacy at the Anaheim Medical Center is open. For mail-order, see information above
    • Euclid Medical Offices - Open; This medical office will serve Primary, Pediatric Well-Child visits, Lab Radiology.
    • Foothill Ranch Medical Offices - Closed; For same day prescriptions, the Irvine Medical Center and Tustin Ranch Medical Office pharmacies are open. For mail-order, see information above.
    • Garden Grove Medical Offices - This medical office, including Urgent Care, will be dedicated to respiratory symptoms only. Pharmacy is open
    • Harbor/MacArthur Medical Offices - This medical office, including Urgent Care, will be dedicated to non-respiratory symptoms. Pharmacy is open. For respiratory Urgent Care needs, visit Garden Grove Urgent Care
    • Huntington Beach Medical Offices - Closed; For same day prescriptions, the pharmacies at Harbor/MacArthur and Irvine Medical Center are open. For mail-order, see information above
    • Kraemer Medical Offices 1/2 - Open; no change
    • La Habra Medical Offices - Closed; For same day prescriptions, the pharmacy at the Whittier Medical Office is open. For mail-order, see information above
    • La Palma Medical Offices - Closed; For same day prescriptions, the pharmacy at the Anaheim Medical Center is open. For mail-order, see information above
    • Lakeview Medical Offices - Closed; For same day prescriptions, the pharmacy at the Anaheim Medical Center is open. For mail-order, see information above
    • Mission Viejo Medical Offices - This medical office, including Urgent Care, will be dedicated to respiratory symptoms. Pharmacy is open. For non-respiratory Urgent Care needs, visit Harbor/MacArthur Urgent Care.
    • San Juan Capistrano Medical Offices - Closed; For same day prescriptions, the pharmacies at Irvine Medical Center, Barranca and Tustin medical offices are open. For mail-order, see information above
    • Tustin Ranch Medical Offices - Open; This medical office will serve Primary, Pediatric Well-Child visits, Lab Radiology.
    • Yorba Linda Medical Offices - Closed; For Urgent Care needs, visit Harbor/MacArthur Urgent Care. For same day prescriptions, the pharmacy at the Anaheim Medical Center is open. For mail-order, see information above
    Panorama City

• Canyon Country Medical Offices - Closed
    • North Hollywood Medical Offices - Closed; For same day prescriptions, the Panorama City Medical Center pharmacy is open. For mail-order, see information above.
    • Panorama City Vision Essentials - Closed
    • Santa Clarita Executive Plaza Medical Offices - Closed;
      For Behavioral Health appointments and crisis management, call (800) 700-8705
      For crisis intervention, referrals, and resources after hours, weekends and holidays, call (800) 900-3277
    Riverside and Coachella Valley

• Palm Springs Medical Offices - Closed, For same-day prescriptions, the Palm Desert Medical Offices pharmacy is open. For mail-order, see information above
    San Bernardino County

• Behavioral Health Medical Offices – Closed; Fontana Medical Office Building 7, Hesperia, Ontario, Randall and San Bernardino.
      For Behavioral Health appointments and crisis management, call (866) 205-3595
      For crisis intervention, referrals, and resources after hours, weekends and holidays, call (800) 900-3277
    • Chino Central Medical Offices - Closed; For same day prescriptions, the pharmacies at Chino Grand and the Ontario Medical Center are open. For mail-order, see information above
    • Colton Medical Offices - Closed; For same day prescriptions, the pharmacy at Redlands is open. For mail-order, see information above
    • Indian Hill Medical Offices - Closed; For same day prescriptions, the pharmacies at Rancho Cucamonga and the Ontario Medical Center are open. For mail-order, see information above<
    • San Bernardino Medical Offices - Closed; For same day prescriptions, the pharmacy at Redlands is open. For mail-order, see information above
    • Upland Medical Offices - Closed; For same day prescriptions, the pharmacy at Rancho Cucamonga is open. For mail-order, see information above
    San Diego

• Bostonia Medical Offices - Closed
    • Carmel Valley Medical Offices - Closed
    • Carlsbad Medical Offices - Closed
    • El Cajon Medical Offices - Closed
    • Kearny Mesa Medical Offices - Closed
    • Vista Medical Offices - Closed
    Limited Services:

• Oceanside Medical Offices — Pediatric Well Child visits only
    • Point Loma Medical Offices — Behavioral Health, Addiction Medicine, Surgical Fertility, Pharmacy, Laboratory, and Radiology
    • Rancho Bernardo Medical Offices – Pediatric Well Child visits only
    • Rancho San Diego Medical Offices – Pediatric Well Child visits only
    South Bay

• Gardena Medical Offices - Closed; Pharmacy remains open
    • Lomita MOB Medical Offices - Closed
    • Long Beach Medical Offices - Limited services being offered; Pharmacy, lab, radiology, and x-ray
    • Manhattan Beach Medical Offices - Closed; For same day prescriptions, Torrance pharmacy is open. For mail-order pharmacy, see information above
    • Main Street Health Pavilion - Closed
    • Parkview Medical Offices - Closed
    • Signal Hill Medical Offices - Closed; For same-day prescription, Long Beach pharmacy is open. For mail-order pharmacy, see information above
    • Torrance Medical Offices - Closed; Pharmacy remains open
    Target Clinics

• Closed
    West Los Angeles

• La Cienega Vision Essentials - Closed
    Woodland Hills and Ventura County

• Camarillo Medical Offices - Closed
    • Simi Valley Medical Offices - Closed
    • Simi Valley Medical Offices 2 (Behavioral Health) - Closed;
      For Behavioral Health appointments and crisis management, call (855) 701-7955
    • Thousand Oaks Vision Essentials - Closed

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    My oldest daughter lives in L.A., and works close to the big hospital .... the one that had a Covid death every (8) minutes, back a few months ago.
    She saw the refrigerated units .... the ones that they were packing the bodies into, because there was no more room in the hospital morgue.

But hey, it's all just a big Scam, and a Plan. Just like when Neil Armstrong landed on the moon ..... it never really happened. It's all just political theater ! :rolleyes:(I'll roll my eyes alongside you)
    The MSM is not the only one hyping. NYT says LA county 23,500 covid deaths and they generally have 60,000 deaths per year. That doesn't seem like it should be that overwhelming above normal death rates. It could have been a short time period that those most vulnerable succumbed.

I believe the virus is real, the magnitude is not. But the best way to make your point is to call others names.

UPDATE: Murph just explained why the morgue was overwhelmed.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    So prior to today my answer to the original question would have been “yes” with the caveat that I’m delaying a bit due to
    1. Had a really bad case of covid recently(so antibodies)
    2. Give time to ensure safety.

that said I just went to the VA. The doc asked if I had gotten it yet. No I hadn’t would sometime soon but not in a hurry. He told me that they had appointments available for both shots and I once again said I’ll get it but not right now, since I just had covid I should have antibodies naturally for at least a while longer.
    He then tried to convince me by saying that since I’ve had covid I only need one shot and not both and he could set that up. No thank you.

the whole interaction was weird and the fact that he tried to negotiate me into getting a single shot was a total nonstarter. Honestly it just makes me more skeptical. I can’t find any info that says this one shot procedure is now standard if you’ve had covid so that just weirds me out more.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I think they quickly (although not quickly enough) found out that ventilators were doing more harm than good, so maybe that contributed to the higher death rate. And FWIW, I wasn't doubting you or your daughter. Just surprised at that death rate.

Thank you !

Thanks for the additional information.

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    Hmmmmmm...people in positions of authority lying to us?

Knight Rider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Michiana

I want to believe articles such as these, and it’s hard not to be drawn in. So many proven liars on all sides that my normal internal evaluation filters are letting me down.
    This article fits perfectly into my narrative I’ve believed since February 2020, but people I love and trust are just as certain covid is real, deadly, and to be feared and respected. So frustrating for my pea brain.
    Regardless of the truth, those in power are using it to steal our freedoms directly and at the same time distract us from future plans to steal even more freedoms.

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    I want to believe articles such as these, and it’s hard not to be drawn in. So many proven liars on all sides that my normal internal evaluation filters are letting me down.
    This article fits perfectly into my narrative I’ve believed since February 2020, but people I love and trust are just as certain covid is real, deadly, and to be feared and respected. So frustrating for my pea brain.
    Regardless of the truth, those in power are using it to steal our freedoms directly and at the same time distract us from future plans to steal even more freedoms.
    Well said. Hard to know who or what to believe.
    Best anyone can do is gather the data, weigh the "facts", and take a shot in the dark.....then hope you made the right choice.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

The server is down, but a brief look around leads me to be skeptical of this organization.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield

Hmmmmm...

It's real, how many deaths from it is has been exaggerated.

My best friend is proof of it being real, other than being a little over weight, he was fine.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    :yesway:

I'm not arguing with you or your decision just adding one of the things that influenced my decision.

No one knows the long term impacts of surviving the illness. I have an extended family member who had symptomatic COVID, "recovered" and was back to work at the 10 day post symptom timeframe.

BUT, 5+ months post-recovery, she still has cardiovascular issues. She's 25 years younger than I with no co-morbidities. So, much like you, I factor the chance of lifelong impairment into my decision... not being able to walk the dog let alone hike up and down the ridges of my deer-hunting property... those influenced me to the opposite decision as you.

Different strokes.
    Exactly

Over and over again, people say "there could be some yet-unknown negative of the vaccine" and comparing that "something bad might happen" with a short-term survival rate of SARSCov2. This is willful ignorance. It's willfully ignoring all of the short and long term negative effects of SARSCov2 as well as ignoring the SARSCov2 also very much has a big unknown potential.

An apt comparison would be survival rate of both Covid and the vaccine, or side effect rate of both Covid and the vaccine. Or both.

With the exception of people who have known anaphlaxis susceptibility and a few other very rare conditions. the risk/reward ratio is heavily skewed to the vaccine.

If people choose to make their decision based on other emotions, that's fine. I'd prefer they be honest about it rather than choosing useless comparisons.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom