• Poll closed .
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I believe it is associated with blood clots in females. IIHC, 6 instances reported our of 6 million?
    I read speculation today that the concern is because of the similarities between the J&J and AZ vaccines. Basically same thing with a different base virus. There have been many more reports of blood clots with the AZ vaccine in Europe. Like this could be a "thing" with this particular class of vaccine.

And even if this side effect is 50X more common than is being reported, it's still a pretty small number compared to the denominator. The thing is, it seem to be effecting younger people who have an incredibly low chance of being harmed by the disease it's meant to protect them from.

tbhausen

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Follow up 24 hours post second dose of Moderna:

I was feeling slightly chilly when I went to bed. I put an extra blanket on. Woke up this morning and every joint and muscle was sore. Slept it off a couple extra hours then walked down to the corner convenience store. Mild pain in the most massive muscles (upper arms and upper legs) still persists but I’m getting over it quickly. Small price to pay if nothing else bad happens down the road.

My plan is to just keep moving. I’m going to walk a couple miles to a place for dinner. Just to keep moving…

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I read speculation today that the concern is because of the similarities between the J&J and AZ vaccines. Basically same thing with a different base virus. There have been many more reports of blood clots with the AZ vaccine in Europe. Like this could be a "thing" with this particular class of vaccine.

And even if this side effect is 50X more common than is being reported, it's still a pretty small number compared to the denominator. The thing is, it seem to be effecting younger people who have an incredibly low chance of being harmed by the disease it's meant to protect them from.
    I find it ironic that everyone was all :runaway: about the mRNA vaccines, and now it seems to be the more "traditional" vaccines that are having the issues.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Some people make their judgment knowing that every decision has some kind of risk, take action and don't live in fear at all. I think we should all choose the latter regardless of whether we get the vaccine.
    That is exactly what I am doing. I have never lived in fear of the virus, as it never lived up to the hype, and still don't therefore I have no need for a vaccine for something I don't fear and don't fear for anyone else either.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    But the SA variant is not the dominant mutation so it may just be a headline designed to invoke fear, because fear creates viewers and viewers equal advertising revenues. The UK variant seems to be overrunning regions and the Pfizer and Moderna jabs seem to be fairly effective against that mutation.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom