HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I've already taken as many shots as I am going to...... zero

From another subform:

They really need to change the name of that website.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Why would you take a vax for something they haven't even isolated the virus of?
    No upside IMHO.
    What? They've most definitely isolated the virus.

The official scientific name of the coronavirus causing the current pandemic is SARS-CoV-2, but the disease itself is known as Covid-19.​

:scratch:

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Skilled nursing ("nursing home"), assisted living and other longterm care facilities... are close to 100% vaccinated:

Back in October, the Department of Health and Human Services partnered with CVS and Walgreens to vaccinate residents and staff at nursing homes and long-term care facilities, and by and large, the two retail pharmacy giants have finished.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

Lushamania

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2021
    The Region
    I'm waiting for them to open up vaccinations for Education workers. This State hates education, though, so who knows when that'll be? Probably after the school year end, 'cause Public Education workers are just that important.

I want this vaccine yesterday. I'm at least grateful my 76 year-old father got his 2 rounds of vaccinations; he has survived quite a number of catastrophic health issues and lived to fight another day, so I'm glad he's taken this COVID-19 as seriously as he should. It's one less thing to have to worry about during a time when there's plenty of anxiety to go 'round.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I'm waiting for them to open up vaccinations for Education workers. This State hates education, though, so who knows when that'll be? Probably after the school year end, 'cause Public Education workers are just that important.

I want this vaccine yesterday. I'm at least grateful my 76 year-old father got his 2 rounds of vaccinations; he has survived quite a number of catastrophic health issues and lived to fight another day, so I'm glad he's taken this COVID-19 as seriously as he should. It's one less thing to have to worry about during a time when there's plenty of anxiety to go 'round.
    It's open - if you're of age. Are other states prioritizing teachers?

I did hear a prof. on the radio today (I think) claiming that they should be ahead of el ed teachers because college kids "get around" more than fifth graders.

AIRDOO

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 21, 2011

Lushamania

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2021
    The Region
    It's open - if you're of age. Are other states prioritizing teachers?
    Sadly, no. However, I found it more prudent to single out our State's government.

Being a teacher does not make COVID more deadly. Being of advanced age or having comorbidities do.
    To be fair, I never said to vaccine Public Education in lieu of those 60 years or older. Being a teacher certainly puts one heavily in the "at-risk" category. Shoot, back in December we had to close for 2 weeks, since so many Faculty and Staff were out due to COVID-19 or potential COVID-19 exposure.

We're still early in the vaccination process, I get it; I'm just anxious to remove "contract COVID-19 and die" as a personal concern. :dunno:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Sadly, no. However, I found it more prudent to single out our State's government.

To be fair, I never said to vaccine Public Education in lieu of those 60 years or older. Being a teacher certainly puts one heavily in the "at-risk" category. Shoot, back in December we had to close for 2 weeks, since so many Faculty and Staff were out due to COVID-19 or potential COVID-19 exposure.

We're still early in the vaccination process, I get it; I'm just anxious to remove "contract COVID-19 and die" as a personal concern. :dunno:
    Hey, I get it. The good news is that the studies that have been done show that schools are, by and large, not a prominent source of infections, at least now. The lower the grade, the less spread.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom