Status
    Not open for further replies.

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    Assuming you donÂ’t work for yourself, your employer potentially may be able to compel you to do so. And for the record, I donÂ’t like that either.

True. This is a common practice in healthcare for the Flu Vaccine. The idea of mandating an 'experimental' vaccine is a huge concern for many. While the vaccine is under the Emergency Use Authorization, by statute, it cannot be mandated.

The Pfizer vaccine has routinely unpleasant side effects after the first dose and more aggressive side effects after the second. The common advice is to take off work for at least the rest of the day and day after the second dose. Anticipate not feeling well and experiencing flu like symptoms to include fever and intense body aches.

One interesting side effect that is starting to get more press: During the study there were 38,000 participants with half receiving a placebo and the other half receiving the vaccine. From the pool of vaccinated participants there were four cases of Bell's palsy and none of the participants receiving placebo experienced that side effect. The UK has begun it's 'mass' vaccination so theirs will be a more accurate study as the general population begin to receive this inoculation.

https://www.fda.gov/media/144245/download

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    True. This is a common practice in healthcare for the Flu Vaccine. The idea of mandating an 'experimental' vaccine is a huge concern for many. While the vaccine is under the Emergency Use Authorization, by statute, it cannot be mandated.

The Pfizer vaccine has routinely unpleasant side effects after the first dose and more aggressive side effects after the second. The common advice is to take off work for at least the rest of the day and day after the second dose. Anticipate not feeling well and experiencing flu like symptoms to include fever and intense body aches.

One interesting side effect that is starting to get more press: During the study there were 38,000 participants with half receiving a placebo and the other half receiving the vaccine. From the pool of vaccinated participants there were four cases of Bell's palsy and none of the participants receiving placebo experienced that side effect. The UK has begun it's 'mass' vaccination so theirs will be a more accurate study as the general population begin to receive this inoculation.

https://www.fda.gov/media/144245/download

Yeah I have been through enough and no I will not take something that was brewed up this fast.
    Belles Palsy. Yeah that would **** me right the hell off.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    No, after reading up on the percentage of those experiencing the truly horrifying side effects, I'd stay as far away from it as humanly possible.

This ain't no flu shot.

Covid may kill me, but at least it won't leave me in a wheelchair for life.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Yep. If that's what it will take to get life back to something like 2019, I'll happily take a day or two of minor side effects. (And since I've never had any side effects in the dozens of vaccines I have received in the past, I actually expect this to be pretty easy on me, too.)

And I don't care if I get the Pfizer vaccine, the Moderna one, or even the next one to be approved.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom