Status
    Not open for further replies.

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    I received my first shot (Pfizer) last Thursday and have had zero side effects. Even what little injection site soreness I had was gone the next morning. At least that's what the new voices in my head are telling me...I kid, I kid. Seriously, nothing. Looking forward to the final vaccination.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I received my first shot (Pfizer) last Thursday and have had zero side effects. Even what little injection site soreness I had was gone the next morning. At least that's what the new voices in my head are telling me...I kid, I kid. Seriously, nothing. Looking forward to the final vaccination.
    Where the hell have you been man.....???????

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    2 out of 3 chance I just got my first dose of an study vaccine. 1 out of 3 chance I just got a saline injection. 5 minutes into the 30 minute observation to see if I die quickly or slowly.

If I don’t post any more....I did it for humanity.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Just took the wife to get her second dose of Pfizer.
    2 out of 3 chance I just got my first dose of an study vaccine. 1 out of 3 chance I just got a saline injection. 5 minutes into the 30 minute observation to see if I die quickly or slowly.

If I don’t post any more....I did it for humanity.
    How long is the study?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Just took the wife to get her second dose of Pfizer.

How long is the study?
    2 years, but it could be “unblinded” within 3 months of the second dose (21 days).

[ETA]Having read about the specific vaccine and being satisfied that it is a low-risk proposition (and that it presented no "life" issues), what really gave me pause is that well before I know whether I received a vaccine or a placebo, I may become eligible for what I know is a vaccine. However, I figured that to get back to "normal" we're going to need as many vaccines as possible (using different technologies) and while I have a comorbidity or 2 (which is one reason I'm in the study), I am at pretty low risk for COVID complications in that group. I'm certainly not doing it for the money.

I'm not sworn to secrecy about what study I'm in, but I'm going to keep that to myself for a while.

Oh, and clearly I made it through the 30 minute observation period without dying. The worst part was getting a very thorough nose swab to make sure I don't currently have COVID and getting blood drawn. Much deeper than the first one (TWSS). I barely felt the injection....wait a minute.

Last edited:

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Slightly sore at the injection site today...and strange urge for braaaiiiinnnsssss....
    Is the placebo saline or something else? I know in some studies they were considering using a placebo that created a mild inflammatory response so that people would not know their status based on the sore arm, etc

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Is the placebo saline or something else? I know in some studies they were considering using a placebo that created a mild inflammatory response so that people would not know their status based on the sore arm, etc
    It is saline. I thought about that. To be more clear, the site itself is very slightly tender. My whole arm is sore, but it is mild soreness. I'll try not to read into that...but it's hard not to.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    "Given the risks in the world around us and the uncertainty of the global rollout of the vaccine, we can expect our borders to be impacted for much of this year," Ardern said at a news conference.
    For travel to restart, authorities either needed confidence that those vaccinated don't pass Covid-19 on to others, which is not yet known, or enough of the population needed to be vaccinated so people can safely re-enter New Zealand.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom