Not open for further replies.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Up-thread somewhere someone said yes to Moderna & no to Pfizer. They are both mRNA. My guess is it's a no to Pfizer because they LIED about not being part of "Trump's project Warp Speed".

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Ok, I went and looked at the study for the Pfizer vaccine:

Safety and Efficacy of the BNT162b2 mRNA Covid-19 Vaccine

And I gleaned the following from the published study:

A total of 43,548 participants underwent randomization, of whom 43,448 received injections: 21,720 with BNT162b2 and 21,728 with placebo. There were 8 cases of Covid-19 with onset at least 7 days after the second dose among participants assigned to receive BNT162b2 and 162 cases among those assigned to placebo; BNT162b2 was 95% effective in preventing Covid-19 (95% credible interval, 90.3 to 97.6).
    Confirmed Covid-19 was defined according to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) criteria as the presence of at least one of the following symptoms: fever, new or increased cough, new or increased shortness of breath, chills, new or increased muscle pain, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, diarrhea, or vomiting, combined with a respiratory specimen obtained during the symptomatic period or within 4 days before or after it that was positive for SARS-CoV-2 by nucleic acid amplification–based testing, either at the central laboratory or at a local testing facility (using a protocol-defined acceptable test).
    The control group had 162 confirmed cases. The vaccine group had 8 cases. That is a 95.1% reduction in confirmed cases. Their confirmed case definition is symptomatic with a positive test result.

This appears to me to be a legit 95.1% (CI 90.3-97.6) effective in reducing symptomatic cases. No asterisks needed.

Still searching for where the 29% asymptomatic came from... the implication is that they reported results differently in an earlier report and/or they had some information to determine if a single dose was effective "enough". It wasn't... two doses plus seven days required to be 90%+ effective.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    They have thrown so many numbers around. If you are to believe the University College London 80%+ of covid positive never develop covid symptoms.

As far as the 29% the figure used was from the CDC study of healthcare workers.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Just another health professional murdered by a vaccine.
    Just an acceptable loss in the big game.
    Just not important.

Just shut up and take the jab.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Just not important.

Coincidences happen.
    Bad things happen to good people.

Stop looking for nefarious dealing in all things.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Coincidences happen.
    Bad things happen to good people.

Stop looking for nefarious dealing in all things.
    Those whacky people need to stop dying.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/23-dead-norway-coronavirus-vaccine
    Health officials in Norway say that 23 people died within days of receiving their first dose of Pfizer’s coronavirus vaccine.

Thirteen of the 23 deaths, all nursing home patients, were a direct result of side effects from the shot, officials say

Norway has vaccinated just over 30k total people.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Thirteen of the 23 deaths, all nursing home patients, were a direct result of side effects from the shot, officials say

Norway has vaccinated just over 30k total people.
    Actually that's not what officials say. They said "The reports suggest that common adverse reactions to mRNA vaccines, such as fever and nausea, may have contributed to a fatal outcome in some frail patients, says Sigurd Hortemo, chief physician at the Norwegian Medicines Agency."

And "In Norway we are now vaccinating the elderly and people in nursing homes with serious underlying diseases, therefore it is expected that deaths close to the time vaccination may occur. In Norway, an average of 400 people die each week in nursing homes and long-term care facilities.

All deaths that occur within the first few days of vaccination are carefully assessed. We cannot rule out that adverse reactions to the vaccine occurring within the first days following vaccination (such as fever and nausea) may contribute to more serious course and fatal outcome in patients with severe underlying disease."

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    YES, I'm 60 years old and I am immunosuppressed and taking immunosuppressive medications so I'm at risk of getting complications from covid. I don't blame anyone younger if they don't take the vaccine. I don't blame anyone healthy who doesn't take it. But for me, my situation is such that I plan to take it as soon as I can qualify.

I do have a friend, early 50's, in good health with a vegetarian/organic diet and physically fit, who got Covid in March of 2020. He tested negative a few weeks later. He still has not recovered. He will end up selling his dental practice because he can't work 2 days in a row. He has extreme fatigue. So while he tests Covid negative he has not recovered from Covid.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Just not important.

Well, that's 1 out of the roughly 6 or 7 million who have been vaccinated.

So that's .0000167% of people vaccinated who have died....ASSUMING what has not been proven, that the 2 are related.

The COVID death rate in Indiana stands at 1.51%, 8.966 deaths out of 592,709 total positive cases.

Therefore, using INGO math, it is 89.820 times safer to be vaccinated than to get COVID.

Make whatever decisions you want....but use real information.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    Well, that's 1 out of the roughly 6 or 7 million who have been vaccinated.

So that's .0000167%

The COVID death rate is 1.51%

Therefore, using INGO math, it is 89.820 times safer to be vaccinated than to get COVID.

Make whatever decisions you want....but use real information.
    I'd submit its important to use the CDC's estimated 8 actual infections for every 1 confirmed positive case, which would make a CFR of 1.51% into an IFR of 0.189%.

Point stands, however, that over 10.5M Americans have received the first dose of a mRNA vaccine and there's only been one death that might or might not be directly or indirectly due to such a vaccine and that kind of ratio is hard to argue with.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

California Urges Stop To 300K COVID-19 Vaccines After Some Fall Ill(at 180 times the expected rate).​

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom