• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Pretty sure it is. I saw the story somewhere else. I believe he was in on the initial scene when they first pulled him over and he deployed the taser and was the one seen pouring water in the other black cop's eyes in one of the bodycam clips who presumably must've gotten in the way of a pepper spray attempt. I read he wasn't at the second scene where the gang murder took place though.
    He wasn’t at the second scene but there was no reason to tase the guy. Plus he was on the recording saying he hoped they stomp the guy or whatever. I’d fire his ass.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The first rule of finding yourself in a bad situation is this: Don't make things worse for yourself. You will never win the fight at the side of the road; that's what lawyers are for.

Comply or die? More like comply or be forced to comply, and sometimes **** happens when the cops have to use force because you're an idiot.

Don't make things worse for yourself.

That said, sometimes cops too far, and in this instance that certainly seems to be the case.
    I get that. He probably should have just stayed put, because they were gonna curb stomp him either way. And it likely would not have been a fatal curb stoping there in the the middle of a busy street.

But when you’re getting curb stomped I can also understand the fight or flight instinct strongly pointing to flight. Hard to override that in favor of letting the abuse continue. He’d have had a big payday if he could though.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    When I came onto my department we had 11 slots open and they only had like 15 applicants and a couple were dropped for their background checks. Only 3 of us showed up for testing. One guy failed every portion of the Ilea exit standards (entrance standards too for that matter). So only two of us were picked. When sketchy stuff happened and I left the guy that they hired to replace me was fired within a month for using a racial slur. Within a year all but two officers I worked with had quit. They got the number back up to 9 officers total but they lost a bunch again and are down to 1 paid guy and 1 reserve. Nobody wants the job anymore it seems.

The first department I ever applied for was right after I got out of the Army and was for Conservation. There were 8 slots open in the state and over 5k applicants. I got cut in the 1st pysch test, not the "are you crazy" one but the "job aptitude" one. Questions like "if the pay and the training were the same, would you rather be an airline pilot or an airline steward?" and "ballet chef or gourmet dancer". Ok, maybe I misremembered the last one a bit, but you get the idea. That was the only LE job I applied for until about 6 years, when I decided to give it a go after getting back in the US.

My class with Indianapolis started at just over 60 and I think there were roughly 3500-3800 applicants, IIRC. Now we get maybe 200-300 from what I hear, but that's all second or third hand.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Depends on where in Indiana. Henryville, yeah. Carmel, not so much. However the results are pretty easy to see. The job is such a good gig the applicant pool is about 2" deep and dropping. So good IMPD has nearly 300 empty authorized slots due to lack of qualified candidates to fill them and people are exiting the field faster than people are entering it. Throwing money at it will help some, but it's not the root issue. There were thousands of applicants when vs the hundreds now when pay was much lower, comparatively. Being a 1st responder, police/fire/ems, was never just about the money for anyone worth a damn at it. EMTs especially, tough to make a living at that if you're not also a firefighter. EMS was my introduction into the 1st responder world, I stumbled ass backwards into police work years later.
    Where is it written that one has to live in the town/ city or county they work in?
    I dont live in Grant co but I work in Grant co, in Marion. I live in Madison co.p

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Where is it written that one has to live in the town/ city or county they work in?
    I dont live in Grant co but I work in Grant co, in Marion. I live in Madison co.p

Indiana law until very recently. See IC 36-8-4-2

Sec. 2 . (a) Members of the police and fire departments must reside within:
    (1) the county in which the city is located;
    (2) a county that is contiguous to the county in which the city is located;  or
    (3) a county that is noncontiguous to the county in which the city is located but is not more than fifty (50) miles from the closest boundary of the city where the police or fire department is located.
    (b) In a consolidated city, a member who was residing outside the county on January 1, 1975, is exempt from subsection (a).
    (c) A city with a population of less than seven thousand five hundred (7,500) may adopt an ordinance that requires a member of the city's police or fire department to comply with the following:
    (1) Reside within the county in which the city is located.
    (2) Have adequate means of transportation into the city.
    (3) Maintain in the member's residence telephone service with the city.
    (d) This subsection applies to a city that:
    (1) has a population of less than seven thousand five hundred (7,500);  and
    (2) adopted an ordinance to establish the requirements described in this subsection before September 1, 1984.
    A city may require, in addition to the requirements of subsection (c), that a member of the police or fire department reside within the city until the member has served in the department for five (5) years.
    (e) An ordinance adopted under subsection (c) or described in subsection (d)(2) may not require a member of a city's police or fire department to reside within the county in which the city is located if the member resides outside the county on the date the ordinance is adopted.

That was the law until the summer of 2021. Now only the smaller towns can still restrict residency. I owned a house 71 miles from the county line of Marion county and had to move or be fired within 30 days of hiring.

Last edited:

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    South Bend, Mishawaka and Elkhart are running TV ads fairly continuously recruiting for the ir LE departments. Don't think Ive watched the evening news for months without seeing one. Guess they are having a hard time keeping their ranks filed too.

El Conquistador

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Jan 28, 2019
    far from here
    Indiana law until very recently. See IC 36-8-4-2

Sec. 2 . (a) Members of the police and fire departments must reside within:
    (1) the county in which the city is located;
    (2) a county that is contiguous to the county in which the city is located;  or
    (3) a county that is noncontiguous to the county in which the city is located but is not more than fifty (50) miles from the closest boundary of the city where the police or fire department is located.
    (b) In a consolidated city, a member who was residing outside the county on January 1, 1975, is exempt from subsection (a).
    (c) A city with a population of less than seven thousand five hundred (7,500) may adopt an ordinance that requires a member of the city's police or fire department to comply with the following:
    (1) Reside within the county in which the city is located.
    (2) Have adequate means of transportation into the city.
    (3) Maintain in the member's residence telephone service with the city.
    (d) This subsection applies to a city that:
    (1) has a population of less than seven thousand five hundred (7,500);  and
    (2) adopted an ordinance to establish the requirements described in this subsection before September 1, 1984.
    A city may require, in addition to the requirements of subsection (c), that a member of the police or fire department reside within the city until the member has served in the department for five (5) years.
    (e) An ordinance adopted under subsection (c) or described in subsection (d)(2) may not require a member of a city's police or fire department to reside within the county in which the city is located if the member resides outside the county on the date the ordinance is adopted.

That was the law until the summer of 2021. Now only the smaller towns can still restrict residency. I owned a house 71 miles from the county line of Marion county and had to move or be fired within 30 days of hiring.
    HB1055 will do away with the 7500 population restrictions for residency, its on 2nd reading in the house. This is because now those smaller departments are having a tough time recruiting.
    I am retired from Muncie fire department and when I came on the job there was around 300 people applied, our last hiring process we had 11 openings and at least 10 this year and only 20 people applied. It’s like this State wide for police, fire and EMS.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Oh my what have we here............

Tyre Nichols' Rumored Connection to Cop's Ex-Wife Under Investigation​

"BREAKING NEWS: I am being told that Tyre Nichols was in a relationship with and worked at a Memphis @FedEx with #MemphisPolice Demetrius Halys's ex-girlfriend & baby mama. After the beating Officer Halys took a pictures of #TyreNichols face and sent it to his babymama," actor Sir Maejor wrote on Twitter.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Will this get anyone a new trial at least?

So we have four officers in jail for killing a man who OD'd. Very nice.

Last edited:

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    South Bend, Mishawaka and Elkhart are running TV ads fairly continuously recruiting for the ir LE departments. Don't think Ive watched the evening news for months without seeing one. Guess they are having a hard time keeping their ranks filed too.
    Unfortunately it's police departments everywhere. Our city is down 12 officers. We are the largest city in Porter county. Currently each shift is running 6 patrol officers. Which is pretty lean considering all the territory they must patrol.

Top Bottom