• ...and so much more!
  • Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Five black cops should kill any enthusiasm for race riots. These people are race grifters, without the race differential they have nothing to trade on. Interesting that the officers are all post-2016 hires, too.

But then again it's a craphole city whose people enjoy any excuse to trash stuff, so who knows.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    This story is gaining traction. Traffic stop occurred on January 7, suspect died January 10, five officers already fired January 20. DOJ is investigating, Ben Crump has arrived, and people are demanding that the video be released. National news outlets have picked up the story.

Eh. Timing’s bad. Late January. Too cold to riot endlessly even in Memphis.

And. If they burned it down, would anyone notice the difference? I used to live not far from Memphis. It’s a **** hole.

stocknup

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Monrovia area
    Will find out tomorrow ............Body Cam footage to be released around 5:00 pm .
    All 5 cops have been charged with second-degree murder, aggravated assault, aggravated kidnapping, official misconduct and official oppression.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Will find out tomorrow ............Body Cam footage to be released around 5:00 pm .
    All 5 cops have been charged with second-degree murder, aggravated assault, aggravated kidnapping, official misconduct and official oppression.

It will be interesting to see how Ben Crump spins the 5 black officers as white supremacists.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN

Well that is 6:00pm in God's country so plenty of time to get home from work before any peaceful protest. Decided to grab an extra magazine this morning after my experience driving past the courthouse when Saint George details hit the media.

Interesting releasing the video on a Friday night. They have waited this long so to me I would wait until Saturday morning. Defer the shenanigans until daylight.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I like Memphis. In parts. In the daytime.

Memphis is also a great place to get stabbed if you don't pay attention to when/where/who. There is a strong culture of violence there. I would not be shocked at riots, I would not be shocked at a shrug and "that's the way things are" response.
    Yeah, but there's some good food to be found there.
    Memphis is the only city where I saw rats running freely, and a lot of them.

And you're right, I've felt safer in every dump of eastern Europe than Memphis.

And this thread has gone exactly as I thought it would.

stocknup

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Monrovia area
    Well that is 6:00pm in God's country so plenty of time to get home from work before any peaceful protest. Decided to grab an extra magazine this morning after my experience driving past the courthouse when Saint George details hit the media.

Interesting releasing the video on a Friday night. They have waited this long so to me I would wait until Saturday morning. Defer the shenanigans until daylight.
    My thoughts also .............They know its going to hit the fan . I suppose there will be less innocent people in their way of protesting .

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    My expectation was that we’d discuss the impact race has on the subject and the cops. The Antifa thugs that are sure to come. Potential for riots as the ideologues try to recapture the mood in 2020 that excuses all the violence away. And finally, the **** hole that Memphis is in places.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Crump is in it for the big payday first, the race card isn't going to help him here.

Without seeing the video my guess is that it's an incident that simply spun out of control from emotions. As a young man I was told that sometimes people just get carried away by the smell of blood, sort of like dog-piling only with really bad outcomes.

Maybe some unrest, but I don't see the sort of organized and financed unrest that resulted from George Floyd, again, no race card.

Top Bottom