• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    So, I’ve looked and didn’t really find much, did every major city in the country burn like the media was hoping?

I mean, seriously, the “news” outlets yesterday were almost pissing themselves in anticipation of widespread riots.
    The timing of the release of the video is suspect to me.
    Late afternoon/early evening, just before dark, on a Friday evening...
    That sounds like they were trying their best to set the conditions for unrest, and then fomenting it on the evening news.
    Really, if you're seriously worried about a riot, why not wait and release the video on Monday morning at 10:30 or so, when everyone is at work or in school.
    No, they intentionally released it at the worst possible time.
    Glad to see not much happened, but it sure seems to me like someone in authority was rooting for unrest.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Got to be tough to be a 15 year or greater veteran and see the changes happening.
    Every police generation goes through it. When I came on over 20yrs ago, the veteran officers told me they didn't know how I did it, with all the changes. Cops HATE the way things are. They only thing they hate worse is change... Change is the only constant in life. It can be tough but we either adapt or go find another career.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Every police generation goes through it. When I came on over 20yrs ago, the veteran officers told me they didn't know how I did it, with all the changes. Cops HATE the way things are. They only thing they hate worse is change... Change is the only constant in life. It can be tough but we either adapt or go find another career.
    Change is inevitable.
    Growth is optional.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    That sounds like they were trying their best to set the conditions for unrest, and then fomenting it on the evening news.
    Really, if you're seriously worried about a riot, why not wait and release the video on Monday morning at 10:30 or so, when everyone is at work or in school.
    Glad to see not much happened, but it sure seems to me like someone in authority was rooting for unrest.

You think the rioters go to work or school?
    :lmfao:

Late Friday is actually the *normal* time to release bad or controversial news. Google "Friday News Dump". The idea is most of the media drones are off for the weekend, there's more entertainment news, etc. and the hope is it gets *less* coverage than it would on a Monday.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    All news that is to be swept under a rug is now released on Friday at dark thirty. Releasing the video at 10:30 am Monday hits a new news cycle. Friday afternoon is the end of a news cycle.
    if you want something to really fall of the radar then release it on the Wednesday night before thanksgiving.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder

Late Friday is actually the *normal* time to release bad or controversial news. Google "Friday News Dump". The idea is most of the media drones are off for the weekend, there's more entertainment news, etc. and the hope is it gets *less* coverage than it would on a Monday.
    They use this tactic at work; they wait until late in the day to mass email things to people, this allows them a 12 hour head start. :):

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette

Normally I would agree, but the news media hyped the release all day long.
    There was not just anticipation but hope.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Normally I would agree, but the news media hyped the release all day long.
    There was not just anticipation but hope.

Hell, that's just basic marketing now. How many gun manufacturers string out their new release with "coming soon" and fuzzy photos or super close ups for months to hype up the new product.

The media does the same, but with doom and fear mongering because that's the best way they've discovered to make money. Remember when TV stations had a weather team and not a STORM TEAM!!!!!! ? Right. Weather is just weather, but storms are scarier.

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    All the progressive twits tuned into CNN to watch the peaceful dumpster fire. And by "dumpster", I mean democratically controlled **** hole cities.

And right on time:

2481014B-808E-4E1D-AFF5-CB02B6A98C3D.jpeg

These five black cops beat the **** out of a guy not because they are thugs in uniform, but because they secretly hate themselves.

I would hate to read what the headline would have been if the victim was white.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    And right on time:

View attachment 251201

These five black cops beat the **** out of a guy not because they are thugs in uniform, but because they secretly hate themselves.

If the victim was white it would be hard to find a headline.

bullcrap

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2023
    Paoli
    Eh. Timing’s bad. Late January. Too cold to riot endlessly even in Memphis.

And. If they burned it down, would anyone notice the difference? I used to live not far from Memphis. It’s a **** hole.
    We all will have to pay for rebuilding. Any way the one's of us that work for a living.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    And right on time:

View attachment 251201

This reminds me of the Dave Chappelle skit titled, "The black-white supremacist".
    That was one of the funniest, and most edgy comedy bits I've ever seen.
    I seriously doubt if even he could get away with that in today's woke world.

Top Bottom