• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Well, I certainly hope both sides understand if they pisss off their customers, it will be bad for both of them.
    Really? There is no competition around here. They don't care and 98% show it. Smiles go a long way with me; which I RARELY see in Kroger (or many other places). Like they are doing me a favor!

Like many politicians, they forget WE pay their salaries.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    The local Kroger in the older neighborhood that has a lot of customers on food stamps is always fully staffed. Lines are rarely more than 2-3 deep. They hire some mentally challenged kids to bag groceries. Selection is somewhat limited but it is close and I like the service with a smile.

The fancy, suburban Krogers are always a mess. Understaffed and generally don’t give a crap. Great selection but I don’t want my ice cream melting while I stand in a ten person deep line to checkout.

What really gets me is when they have self checkouts that won’t accept cash.

tmcindy

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2014
    Avon, IN
    Really? There is no competition around here. They don't care and 98% show it. Smiles go a long way with me; which I RARELY see in Kroger (or many other places). Like they are doing me a favor!

Like many politicians, they forget WE pay their salaries.
    Sorry to hear that. There is PLENTY of competition by me.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Our local Kroger has a lot of long time employees, and for the most part, they are friendly and helpful. What bugs me the most about the place, is the damn employees that do the shopping for people doing the curb service pick up. They have these gigantic rolling shelves that they push around and they will not hesitate to block the aisle while you’re trying to get by. Very few of them will even acknowledge that you are standing there waiting for them to get the hell out of the way.

Quiet Observer

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    St. John
    I like the ones at the store I go to. Most are older ladies. I use the self checkout lanes 99% of the time and they're the ones manning those.
    I like self-checkout for about 10 or less items. It is usually quicker. I do not like being stuck in the regular lanes behind people with full carts. I cannot blame them. If you have a large family, you have to buy a lot of groceries.
    I appreciate friendly checkers who have a friendly comment or two. But then there are the others who want to carry on a long conversation even though there is a line waiting.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Our local Kroger has a lot of long time employees, and for the most part, they are friendly and helpful. What bugs me the most about the place, is the damn employees that do the shopping for people doing the curb service pick up. They have these gigantic rolling shelves that they push around and they will not hesitate to block the aisle while you’re trying to get by. Very few of them will even acknowledge that you are standing there waiting for them to get the hell out of the way.

Yep, that and they used to do most of their stocking at night, or at least later in the day and now seem to have crap blocking aisles all over the store now making it harder to get to stuff.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2017
    Southern Indiana
    Some of them have told me that new employees are making more than the senior ones due to their contract locking in their wages until negotiating time. Big reason many have left.

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    I love self-checkout. I don't think I've used "cashier checkout" at Kroger or Walmart in many years. Self-checkout is 10x faster. THe union is crazy though, asking for double wages. Grocery prices have gone up enough already. I can't imagine how much they'll go up again if the union gets their way.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I like the self checkout because I'm often faster than the cashiers. :): It's minorly irritating when I'm buying something for which my ID has to be checked, but I still prefer it. I need to look at Fresh Thyme more often. I've been there a couple of times when they had something on sale that I wanted for a good price.
    Same. Their ID policy is ridiculous. (Sir, its the law. I MUST scan your ID. :rolleyes: ) No, you dont you cranky old hag. So I started giving them my Utah permit since it doesnt have a barcode. Until I had to argue with a ridiculous cashier. "We dont accept that as ID" Uh, Its .gov issued photo ID. Its acceptable. What if I took the bus because I dont have a DL? The cashiers at the Southern Plaza stores are the worst.

Especially the one that moves like a turtle and cant remember to bring her stuff into work with her. She called us over as she opened her register. Then before she could help us she said "Just a minute" and waddled out the front door. Literally a minute and a half later she comes waddling back in wearing her glasses.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    There is a Kroger about 30 minutes from us. At each entry is a sigh that says something to the effect of Proud Union Store. I am fine with that. But hard to be proud of a store with consistently rude staff, dirty conditions, produce long past being sellable.

So yeah hope they go on strike. I have noticed their self check out lines seem to be limited to four registers. If you want to use one and avoid the I can Not be bothered cashier best to plan on waiting in line.

Fortunately there is an Aldi right down the road that gets our busines.

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Some of them have told me that new employees are making more than the senior ones due to their contract locking in their wages until negotiating time. Big reason many have left.
    And their union dues are ridiculous. Its a flat fee regardless of how much you make or how many hours you work. I heard a story of a kid that wanted to work part-part time for a little extra money when he wasnt at school or band. So he was only pulling down like 10 hours a week. After the flat-fee union dues, he was earning less than $2/hr after taxes and dues. When he asked if his dues could be pro-rated because of his limited hours, they told him "Tough. Deal with it." So he quit.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Same. Their ID policy is ridiculous. (Sir, its the law. I MUST scan your ID. :rolleyes: ) No, you dont you cranky old hag. So I started giving them my Utah permit since it doesnt have a barcode. Until I had to argue with a ridiculous cashier. "We dont accept that as ID" Uh, Its .gov issued photo ID. Its acceptable. What if I took the bus because I dont have a DL? The cashiers at the Southern Plaza stores are the worst.

Especially the one that moves like a turtle and cant remember to bring her stuff into work with her. She called us over as she opened her register. Then before she could help us she said "Just a minute" and waddled out the front door. Literally a minute and a half later she comes waddling back in wearing her glasses.
    Rosie, Kat and Jocelyn are my favorites. Rosie won't put up with crap from the little thugs that come in there and want to get mouthy. :):

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee

I did the same thing at Walmart we were making Chili and there is a particular brand Beer I prefer to use.

The self check out Idiot that does not realize reading lips is a thing, says I have to have your Drivers license and it must be scanned. Me I write down no you don’t. What came next was the what are you deaf? As she clearly was annoyed.
    long story short we changed our dinner menu.

Dante1983

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2021
    I'm sure there are some diamonds in the rough, but a lot of the Kroger employees I have been exposed to in recent years don't have any clue to the mentality of customer service. :twocents:

True. There’s a few at my local Kroger that are wonderful ppl. There are some that openly sneer at ppl. Meijer is the same

Top Bottom