• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gottabeoutdoors

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2017
    Frankfort
    Come join us for our final Rimfire Falling Steel match of the year at Wildcat Valley Rifle & Pistol Club next Sunday, November 6th. We will have 5 stages of fun!

Schedule:
    Gates open by 8 am
    Setup starts at 8 am
    Registration opens at 10 am
    Shooters meeting at 10:45 am
    Match begins at 11 am

Match fees:
    $20 for the first gun ($15 for Wildcat Members)
    $10 for each additional gun (max 2 per shooter)
    Setup helpers and primary squad ROs shoot for free

Reminder: for those wanting to join the Wildcat RFS mailing list, the sign up form is here: https://wvrpc.org/rfs/

Hope to see you there!
    Mick

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Mick, I'll step out of my comfort zone and try one of these. I'll pick a squad in practiscore but feel free to put me wherever you think is best.

I don't think my Ruger MKII is a good candidate due to cumbersome mag changes( I assume those are part of the COF) so I will plan on using a 15-22 rifle this time.

gottabeoutdoors

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2017
    Frankfort
    Sounds good! However, I may have to cancel the match. My normal early (~ 7:30 am) morning setup help sources are not available this Sunday. Playing it by ear right now.

Mick

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Sounds good! However, I may have to cancel the match. My normal early (~ 7:30 am) morning setup help sources are not available this Sunday. Playing it by ear right now.

Mick
    I guess I'll wait a bit then. I would offer to help but leaving here at 5:30 AM and no breakfast might not be the best thing to do prior to my first competition.

gottabeoutdoors

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2017
    Frankfort
    That pistol is PERFECT for this series! Plus, Tandem Kross has a +5 extension for mags that make them feel like they'll never empty!

Looking forward to seeing you next year!

Mick

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    That pistol is PERFECT for this series! Plus, Tandem Kross has a +5 extension for mags that make them feel like they'll never empty!

Looking forward to seeing you next year!

Mick
    Mick,

Do you know when the club will post the dates for this year's matches? Thanks.

gottabeoutdoors

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2017
    Frankfort
    what time will set up be
    Hello!

Sorry - hadn't visited the forums for a few weeks.

I'll get to the club by 7:30 am each morning of the match. So last year I basically said setup begins at 7:30 am.

We have an RFS mailing list for anyone who'd like match emails. I send them out about a week prior to a match along with the Practiscore link. Here is the sign up form: https://wvrpc.org/rfs/

I also use this list for sending cancellations (as well as through Practiscore to registered shooters).

Let me know if you have any other questions! I'll be posting here about a week out from the upcoming 3/5 match so we have a sense for what the weather roughly looks like and what UPSPA's plans are for the day before (since we rely heavily on their stages).

Thanks!
    Mick

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Question regarding thumb safeties. My TX22C has a thumb safety as that is the only way it comes. Am I required to use it since it is on the pistol? Or can I leave it off the entire time? Thanks.

gottabeoutdoors

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2017
    Frankfort
    Question regarding thumb safeties. My TX22C has a thumb safety as that is the only way it comes. Am I required to use it since it is on the pistol? Or can I leave it off the entire time? Thanks.
    Good question!

This is from the rulebook:

1676498198407.png

The 'COF' refers to the written Course Of Fire - which is synonymous with 'stage description'.

Thanks for asking!
    Mick

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    Post number 11. It looks like it's on for this Sunday the 5th but we should let gottabeoutdoors confirm.
    We may have 3 from this area coming up. Gregkl, myself, and one of my club friends for a first timer RFS entrant.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    You can also check the club website. I looked last night and it showed cancelled.

I signed up for email notifications but haven't received any yet. Either I did not get completely signed up or they haven't sent any out since I signed up.

Hope the medical emergency is workable and whomever it is recovers quickly!

This gives me another month to get used to engaging and disengaging the thumb safety!

Top Bottom