• bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    20210930_103643.jpg

Sorry for the poor picture, best I could do. This guy ran through my yard today. When he seen me taking his picture, he ran like a crazy for a hundred yards into the woods.

Wild pigs are +/- 35 miles south of us. Not sure I've ever heard of them reported north of Bloomington?

I was told that it only takes a few weeks in the wild for even domestic pigs to start growing tusks?

What do we think?

Last edited:

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    View attachment 161042

Sorry for the poor picture, best I could do. This guy ran through my yard today. When he seen me taking his picture, he ran like a crazy for a hundred yards into the woods.

Wild pigs are +/- 35 miles south of us. Not sure I've ever heard of them reported north of Bloomington?

I was told that it only takes a few weeks in the wild for even domestic pigs to start growing tusks?

What do we think?
    No idea what We think, but I'd say that's feral and you should slay it, posthaste.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Someone has been braiding its' tail. It surely belongs to a 9 year old girl who has raised it from birth. It's name is Emma ! ;)

Farmerjon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    NorthWest Indiana
    "

What do we think?"

I think the first sentence is now wrong. You have proof of them North of Bloomington now.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Based solely on the shape of the head, I'm leaning toward wild.

I dont think I have ever seen a domesticated pig like that. Not an expert, but I did have bacon for breakfast. And just an educated guess from watching too many youtube hunting/trapping videos.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Wild.

As has been said above, you need to take care of it. Put out a corn feeder and get it. Might call the DNR in advance so that they don't think someone is baiting deer this close to hunting season.

Wild invasive hogs are a problem in every state in the nation, and are growing faster than hunters can take care of them.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    My suggestion is to hit it low in the shoulder with a 762 round.
    To be honest with you, my first thought on seeing this critter was not that I could take it. Up until now, there have been no other pig sightings in the area. There would have been talk, if so.

I assumed it was domestic, until it wildly ran off. If seen again, a window rifle just might come into play?

BIGE7.62

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 98.5%
    65   1   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    The Hills of Brown
    The horse lot hog was on Hoover rd about 1/2 between 46 and gatesville the other 2 where in the Freetown / Story area S/S E of the horsemans camp

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    To be honest im a bit conflicted. This could just mean I am with out a doubt an *******.

On one hand I say dispatch every wild hog you see with extreme prejudice.

On the other hand. Let's let the population obsoletely explode so we can have primo wild hog hunts in Indiana and we won't have to drive all the way to texas.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The horse lot hog was on Hoover rd about 1/2 between 46 and gatesville the other 2 where in the Freetown / Story area S/S E of the horsemans camp
    Hoover RD is in line with us. Freetown is farther south.

I keep hearing stories of wild pigs doing damage. Did you have any damage associated with your sightings?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GetLow16
    Top Bottom