• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trailrider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    GREENSBURG
    My wife bought one of them there fancy keurig coffee/tea/hot cocoa makers a week ago. I told her it was a waste of money as I always drank the cheapest coffee around. Well I threw away my old, cheap, dirty old friend today. I'm loving this new thing. I've found myself having a cup of coffee at all times of the day now! Enjoying a medium hazelnut at the moment. Am I a coffee snob now?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Anyone know of one that WONT break the bank? I could swear I saw them last year for half of what they are going for now. ($99 for the cheap ones)

I typically only drink a cup or two at home on the weekends, so making a pot is ridiculous, but so is paying $100+ for a maker and over a buck per cup. (I'd get one of the refillable ones) And making a partial cup never tastes right.

I do like the concept of the 2.0 units. kinda cool where you can make either a whole pot or a single mug depending on what type of K-cup you use.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Anyone know of one that WONT break the bank? I could swear I saw them last year for half of what they are going for now. ($99 for the cheap ones)

I typically only drink a cup or two at home on the weekends, so making a pot is ridiculous, but so is paying $100+ for a maker and over a buck per cup. (I'd get one of the refillable ones) And making a partial cup never tastes right.

I do like the concept of the 2.0 units. kinda cool where you can make either a whole pot or a single mug depending on what type of K-cup you use.
    Man, a French Press is perfect for just making a cup or two. You can pick one up for ~$20. Folgers from a french press still beats even the best K-Cups.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    I love coffee from a French press, but on busy mornings, I go with the k-cups. You can find deals online, or if you shop at Bed Bath & Beyond and get their coupons, you can get deals there.

trailrider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    GREENSBURG
    I had never heard of a french press til now. Once you get past the sticker shock the keurig is a nice little unit. My wife likes hot tea and my grandson likes the hot cocoa. It's a convenience thing and I'm definitely paying for it.

BoxingRef

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2014
    Cincy
    In a couple of two thousand cups you may have to "burp" the little baby... but don't worry ... it won't hurt it!

Use your Google-foo for an explanation so when it plugs up ...you won't freak...grinning!

Love mine!

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    I just watched a youtube video to find out about the French Press. The hell with that. I don't want to feel like I'm trying to split the atom at six in the morning. I want coffee and I want it fast.

trailrider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    GREENSBURG
    Spring for the refillable plastic k-cups if you want to add your own grounds. Save having to buy the store bought ones at their cost.
    Can't do that with the newer ones(2.0). Unless...you peel the foil lid off of a 2.0 cup and place it over the other cup. It has to read the foil lid. But that kinda defeats the whole fast/convenient thing. I love it and don't care how much the k-cups cost!!

GlockRock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I bought a Keurig when our baby was on the way. I love it. I only drink a cup or two a day. No clean up at all. We buy the huge boxes of k cups at Sams club. Less that 50 cents a cup.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Can't do that with the newer ones(2.0). Unless...you peel the foil lid off of a 2.0 cup and place it over the other cup. It has to read the foil lid. But that kinda defeats the whole fast/convenient thing. I love it and don't care how much the k-cups cost!!
    They've already hacked them to use standard k-cups, so a refillable isn't far behind. I have an older Platinum with Solofil refillable cups and use my own ground beans, it's fantastic!

trailrider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    GREENSBURG

The 2.0 is cool. Great for a cup or two now and then. I fill a 14 oz travel cup with 1 cup. perfect. It's less than a dollar a day. Seems like a lot to me but there is no waste. Cheaper than the gas station or starbucks.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I've been using my Keurig for 2 years now and still love it. Yes I've had better coffee using other methods, but nothing beats the convenience of a Keurig. After reading this thread (and another coffee thread on this forum), I need to get one of those refillable eco thingamajigs so I can use my own fresh ground coffee. Would love to try that to see what the difference is.

Top Bottom