• Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    th

Now, THATS coffee.

Getting paid to drink coffee, and for a while, sacking Marilyn Monroe. There's a man that's had a good life.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Just bought a $9 single cup coffee maker at walmart. You can either drop in a spoonfull of grounds in the filter basket, or remove it to use a disposable pod style coffee bag in the funnel cup that the filter sits in.

So far it works pretty well. We will see how it works in the long run. (probably not very good)

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    I was gifted a Keurig a few years ago for Christmas. I like it, using Gevalia Colombian k-cups. I could drink a whole pot during the day, but I'm gone so often that my old ten-cup pot went to waste (my wife doesn't drink coffee either).

I'm more of a fan of good, strong black coffee from fresh ground beans, but haven't had the time to find the right beans/grind for my French press.

Joe G

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    SE Indiana
    Started a new job this week. Was surprised that they have a Keurig in the break room (a sales office of 20-30 people - IDK exactly how many... remember I'm the FNG for now LOL). It's cool to have a choice of what to drink (they have a few varieties of both regular and decaf), but IMO it's not the best tasting and definitely don't go over 8oz per k-cup else it's too weak.

When in the office, I'll typically have a few cups in the morning and a few after lunch, so it's nice not having to worry about an a-hole taking the last from the pot and putting the empty back on the burner to scorch. :xmad: In my last job I swear I'd make 2 pots and they'd be gone in 20 minutes with no-one refilling. At least this way I can always get a cup without having to make a whole pot that never gets refilled. :laugh:

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    I had to look up keurig :n00b:

When i was in HS we had a coffee maker in the room and would use the same filter and grounds over and over just kept adding more best damn coffee you ever had, no chances of falling asleep after drinking that stuff. So anybody using anything other than our super manly coffee maker is a coffee snob;)

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Started a new job this week. Was surprised that they have a Keurig in the break room (a sales office of 20-30 people - IDK exactly how many... remember I'm the FNG for now LOL). It's cool to have a choice of what to drink (they have a few varieties of both regular and decaf), but IMO it's not the best tasting and definitely don't go over 8oz per k-cup else it's too weak.

When in the office, I'll typically have a few cups in the morning and a few after lunch, so it's nice not having to worry about an a-hole taking the last from the pot and putting the empty back on the burner to scorch. :xmad: In my last job I swear I'd make 2 pots and they'd be gone in 20 minutes with no-one refilling. At least this way I can always get a cup without having to make a whole pot that never gets refilled. :laugh:

Try Green Mountain Double Black Diamond if you want something nice and strong. I have an older Keurig that has a 9.25 oz setting and it's the only coffee I can brew at that strength. Everything else gets brewed at the 7.25 oz setting.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    You guys must eat your coffee. I've had 2 different medium roasts on large cup setting and it's plenty strong to me.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    You guys must eat your coffee. I've had 2 different medium roasts on large cup setting and it's plenty strong to me.

What I've found is that most people have wildly different tastes. Most restaurants I go to I can't drink their coffee as it's horribly weak to me. I've tried dozens of varieties of the K-cups and only Double Black Diamond is strong enough for me to drink at 7.25 oz. Just the way I like it :dunno:

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    What I've found is that most people have wildly different tastes.

Not only do folks have different tastes, people also have different levels of ability to accept something that isn't to their taste. And for some reason, coffee is one of those things that some people seem to have less tolerance for if it isn't made how they like it.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Not only do folks have different tastes, people also have different levels of ability to accept something that isn't to their taste. And for some reason, coffee is one of those things that some people seem to have less tolerance for if it isn't made how they like it.
    Hey, this is Merica. We want it our way and right now! ;)

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    I bought my wife one (got a sweet deal on it). I like it as I can set it up the night before, walk by in the morning and hit the button, and BOOM! Coffee in my cup ready to go on my way to work, and it is tall enough to hold my good cup.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    I used to deer hunt in Jackson County, outside of Story, with a couple of older guys. One year, I took my brother along with us and one of the older guys gave him a cup of coffee early in the morning before we ventured out. My brother took a sip or two and said "Oh, I think I forgot something in the truck" Then a few minutes later he was back and his coffee cup was empty and one of my buddies asked him if he wanted some more coffee and he said "No, I'm good, thanks"

My brother told me later that he only went back to the truck so he could dump out that wretched coffee, because it was the worst he ever tasted and he didn't want to offend my hunting friends. Turned out the guy made the coffee by just dumping some coffee in boiling water in a pan on the camp stove and boiling it for awhile. I tried some the next morning and it was not for the faint of heart.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    My wife bought me a Keurig for my birthday last year. She loves the thing now. Once in a while, I'll use it for the odd, mid afternoon cup when the normal pot I drink does not do the trick. Our first one lasted almost three months before it died. This second one has made through 7 months so far, so I'm hopeful it will last at least a couple of years. I'll admit, they sure are handy, but I'm not crazy about the coffee they produce. It's good enough for a quick cup at odd times, but if I want a decent cup of coffee, I'll use my old Bunn pot that cranks a full pot out in about 3 minutes.

I might give the coffee press a shot one of these days. My oldest son swears by one.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    That's one of the things about the Keurig that almost kept me from getting one, the stories of them not lasting long. I assume I had the luck of the draw, cause mine is going on 2 years old now without a problem.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    You guys make me want to go in the basement and find my Keurig, blow the dust off and start using it again. Like most people, at first I went out and bought all the various k-cups I could get my hands on and ended up with a drawer full of ones I didn't like. Eventually the Keurig ended up being used only to make hot chocolate for the grandkids and I returned to the Bunn for coffee making so I could make coffee the way I like it.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I used to deer hunt in Jackson County, outside of Story, with a couple of older guys. One year, I took my brother along with us and one of the older guys gave him a cup of coffee early in the morning before we ventured out. My brother took a sip or two and said "Oh, I think I forgot something in the truck" Then a few minutes later he was back and his coffee cup was empty and one of my buddies asked him if he wanted some more coffee and he said "No, I'm good, thanks"

My brother told me later that he only went back to the truck so he could dump out that wretched coffee, because it was the worst he ever tasted and he didn't want to offend my hunting friends. Turned out the guy made the coffee by just dumping some coffee in boiling water in a pan on the camp stove and boiling it for awhile. I tried some the next morning and it was not for the faint of heart.
    They forgot to put in the egg shells. My grandmother used to make coffee like that. When I lived in Texas, we called it "Cowboy Coffee".

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    My wife bought me a Keurig for my birthday last year. She loves the thing now. Once in a while, I'll use it for the odd, mid afternoon cup when the normal pot I drink does not do the trick. Our first one lasted almost three months before it died. This second one has made through 7 months so far, so I'm hopeful it will last at least a couple of years. I'll admit, they sure are handy, but I'm not crazy about the coffee they produce. It's good enough for a quick cup at odd times, but if I want a decent cup of coffee, I'll use my old Bunn pot that cranks a full pot out in about 3 minutes.

I might give the coffee press a shot one of these days. My oldest son swears by one.
    Looks like it's time to get your wife some power tools this Christmas!

Top Bottom