• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Man, a French Press is perfect for just making a cup or two. You can pick one up for ~$20. Folgers from a french press still beats even the best K-Cups.

We have a GSI French Press for camping.We love it.They are tough little contraptions,and you can store a bag of coffee in it.
    GSI Outdoors: Products
    I do not think kcups will ever make an appearance at our house.We tend to buy whole beans and grind them as needed.Nothing quite like the smell of freshly ground coffee beans.I can not see giving that up to save a minute in the morning.

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    We tend to buy whole beans and grind them as needed.Nothing quite like the smell of freshly ground coffee beans.I can not see giving that up to save a minute in the morning.

I too prefer fresh roasted and ground beans. I'm amazed by the raving of the K-Cup crowd, but I suppose they just don't know any better having been doused in the Folgers/Maxwell House/Starbucks swill their entire life.

But with the MyCups (Keurig's refillable pod) or equivalent you get the best of both worlds. Fresh, on demand coffee of your exact choice. Easy cleanup too, unless you're on a septic system and concerned about grounds building up in the tank. And while it's not exactly the most efficient brew, it's ten times better than the pre-packaged K-Cups.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    So much work trying to marginally improve the taste of an inherently bitter bean.

Everybody needs a hobby, I guess.

I have to use lots of milk and flavoring syrup.

The "espresso" make out of my machine...I had one guy drink it "black", as he likes his coffee black.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    My wife bought one of them there fancy keurig coffee/tea/hot cocoa makers a week ago. I told her it was a waste of money as I always drank the cheapest coffee around. Well I threw away my old, cheap, dirty old friend today. I'm loving this new thing. I've found myself having a cup of coffee at all times of the day now! Enjoying a medium hazelnut at the moment. Am I a coffee snob now?

nope...a coffee snob owns one of these, a cold brewer...

coldbrew.jpg

selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    I like to make a pot of black coffee on Monday morning. On Tuesday morning I put water on top of the left over coffee, add a scoop of fresh coffee on the top of the left over coffee. I repeat this every day until the filter is to full to add any more coffee. By Sunday its getting just about the right flavor. Good stuff black as black can be!

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I love my Keurig because I only drink a cup every now and then and my wife doesn't drink coffee at all but uses it for heating water, tea, cocoa, etc.

The 2.0 digital rights management has been broken already so freedom of choice and true competition benefiting consumers of K-cups is on:

Keurig's coffee brewer 'DRM' has already been defeated | The Verge

I have the K-cup style filter basket but don't drink enough coffee to make use of it.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    I've owned a few Keurigs, love the variety of K-Cups out there, but never really found the one I could replace Starbucks with entirely. I got hooked on Espresso at work using the Nespresso machine, I've since bought my own for home and love it. Great stuff.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    All this is way too metro-sexual for me. When it's cold outside and I'm out in it, a cup of cowboy coffee is just the ticket. Put some water in a pot or old coffee pot; throw in some grounds and egg shells and let it boil up.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    When it's cold and blustery outside, it just doesn't get better than:

[video=youtube;BHL22ZGGTZM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHL22ZGGTZM[/video]

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Just got a Keurig K45 today. Think it will work perfect for us as none of us ever drinks more than 1 cup at a time.

saleen4971

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2013
    East Side Indy
    i HATED the keurig. if im drinking coffee, i want a whole pot of my good stuff!

but - you can get a "refillable" filter cartridge, and put some good stuff in there. now i love it.

Top Bottom