• BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Great comment from today....

Do your own homework. Truth walks and talks all by itself. It doesn't need somebody to prop it up.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Listening to the podcast (was at a Little League game at Amo.) HUGE number of Lifetime LTCH applications in the first week they were free (25K!!)

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    I just listened to last week's cast.
    I wish the news would talk about some of the stuff the FOP guy was talking about.
    Maybe then they'd hold their politician's feet to the fire.
    I just had the opportunity to listen to the July 3rd podcast. The discussion with Rick Snyder from the FOP should be running in a loop on every media outlet, right after they broadcast the latest criminal atrocity in Indianapolis.

The changes to the bail system, night court, and other "progressive improvements", were in fact anything but improvements.

The Indiana Legislature needs to fix them, if necessary by preempting local control over some of the above changes.

I also firmly believe that local LEO executives (e.g. Chiefs of Police) need to be elected positions, separated from the local elected Executive branch head. It is also probably time to separate Prosecutors from the Judicial circuits and place one in each County as an elected official responsible to the County and whatever circuit they reside in.

I think I will be writing to Schaibley again.

ETA: Wrote to Schaibley. My missive is below.

"I am going to straight up beg and implore that you listen to this podcast between Guy Relford esq. and FOP representative Rick Snyder. Listen to it in full, you may want to take notes to fact check certain statements.​
    If the claims made by Mr. Snyder are true, and I believe they are, then the Indiana Legislature needs to return in a Special Session to amend Indiana Statutes to take corrective action on the root causes of Indianapolis crime surge.​
    Again, I urge that local LEO executives (e.g. Chiefs of Police) need to be elected positions, separated from the local elected Executive branch head. It is also probably time to separate Prosecutors from the Judicial circuits and place one in each County as an elected official responsible to the County and whatever circuit they reside in.​
    NO ONE who commits a violent crime (dictionary definition) should be bonded out until the totality of their historical behavior and the current event are assessed by a member of the judiciary. NO ONE involved in an immediate crime of violence should be bonded out on $500, so they can go complete the crime they were committing when arrested.​
    Frankly, some of the things described by Mr. Snyder are beyond negligence, they are criminal acts against the rest of society.​
    If local governments cannot act to protect their citizens from the immediate acts of predatory individuals, then it is imperative that the State government step in via preemption to protect ALL citizens of the State.​
    If Indiana has a budget surplus, this subject is one to spend some of the money on. Hire night court judges, authorize more prosecutors, set reporting and performance criteria for prosecutors.​
    To those who will whine about actual and reasonable bond requirements being reinstituted, there is a simple retort. We tried it your way and it was an unmitigated disaster!"​

Last edited:

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    I just had the opportunity to listen to the July 3rd podcast. The discussion with Rick Snyder from the FOP should be running in a loop on every media outlet, right after they broadcast the latest criminal atrocity in Indianapolis.

The changes to the bail system, night court, and other "progressive improvements", were in fact anything but improvements.

The Indiana Legislature needs to fix them, if necessary by preempting local control over some of the above changes.

I also firmly believe that local LEO executives (e.g. Chiefs of Police) need to be elected positions, separated from the local elected Executive branch head. It is also probably time to separate Prosecutors from the Judicial circuits and place one in each County as an elected official responsible to the County and whatever circuit they reside in.

I think I will be writing to Schaibley again.

ETA: Wrote to Schaibley. My missive is below.

"I am going to straight up beg and implore that you listen to this podcast between Guy Relford esq. and FOP representative Rick Snyder. Listen to it in full, you may want to take notes to fact check certain statements.​
    If the claims made by Mr. Snyder are true, and I believe they are, then the Indiana Legislature needs to return in a Special Session to amend Indiana Statutes to take corrective action on the root causes of Indianapolis crime surge.​
    Again, I urge that local LEO executives (e.g. Chiefs of Police) need to be elected positions, separated from the local elected Executive branch head. It is also probably time to separate Prosecutors from the Judicial circuits and place one in each County as an elected official responsible to the County and whatever circuit they reside in.​
    NO ONE who commits a violent crime (dictionary definition) should be bonded out until the totality of their historical behavior and the current event are assessed by a member of the judiciary. NO ONE involved in an immediate crime of violence should be bonded out on $500, so they can go complete the crime they were committing when arrested.​
    Frankly, some of the things described by Mr. Snyder are beyond negligence, they are criminal acts against the rest of society.​
    If local governments cannot act to protect their citizens from the immediate acts of predatory individuals, then it is imperative that the State government step in via preemption to protect ALL citizens of the State.​
    If Indiana has a budget surplus, this subject is one to spend some of the money on. Hire night court judges, authorize more prosecutors, set reporting and performance criteria for prosecutors.​
    To those who will whine about actual and reasonable bond requirements being reinstituted, there is a simple retort. We tried it your way and it was an unmitigated disaster!"​
    "It is also probably time to separate Prosecutors from the Judicial circuits and place one in each County as an elected official responsible to the County and whatever circuit they reside in.

Aren't the County Attorneys already elected officials? Not sure exactly what. you are asking for in the quoted sentence.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    "It is also probably time to separate Prosecutors from the Judicial circuits and place one in each County as an elected official responsible to the County and whatever circuit they reside in.

Aren't the County Attorneys already elected officials? Not sure exactly what. you are asking for in the quoted sentence.
    No, I thought that too, but discovered a State Court opinion which stated Prosecutors are State employees allocated to each Indiana Court Circuit. My request is to have more, and to tie each Prosecutor to a County. (Note the opinion did state that the County's responsibility was to provide budget and resources for the Prosecutor, so in my view the request also aligns budgetary, responsibility and accountability appropriately.)

ETA: link to Indiana attorney generals official opinion. https://www.in.gov/attorneygeneral/files/2002-04.pdf

Last edited:

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    No, I thought that too, but discovered a State Court opinion which stated Prosecutors are State employees allocated to each Indiana Court Circuit. My request is to have more, and to tie each Prosecutor to a County. (Note the opinion did state that the County's responsibility was to provide budget and resources for the Prosecutor, so in my view the request also aligns budgetary, responsibility and accountability appropriately.)
    So, are you saying that County Attorneys are not elected officials? Then why do they appear on the ballot?

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    So, are you saying that County Attorneys are not elected officials? Then why do they appear on the ballot?
    Read the Indiana State attorney general's opinion I linked to above. No they are elected officials, but they are not officials of the county but rather of the state. Maybe I misunderstood what the attorney general wrote, but my point is to get all elements of law enforcement under local control. The way I understand the attorney generals opinion, prosecuting attorneys are not linked to the counties but rather the judiciary's circuit court structure. In some cases of course that may mean that there's a single prosecutor for a single County, in other cases that would not necessarily be true.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Read the Indiana State attorney general's opinion I linked to above. No they are elected officials, but they are not officials of the county but rather of the state. Maybe I misunderstood what the attorney general wrote, but my point is to get all elements of law enforcement under local control. The way I understand the attorney generals opinion, prosecuting attorneys are not linked to the counties but rather the judiciary's circuit court structure. In some cases of course that may mean that there's a single prosecutor for a single County, in other cases that would not necessarily be true.
    County Attorneys are under local control. You don't like them, vote them out.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Just heard that Guy will be subbing for Hammer on the Hammer and Nigel show today 3:00-7:00.

Also mentioned Rick Snider (FOP) will be a guest.

Sounds as if the 2A will be at least part of the shows focus.

Guy's actually better on politics than Nigel in a lot of cases.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I missed the first couple minutes. Is guy not gonna be on the next week or two?
    He was talking about subbing for Jason Hammer on Friday and they did a "ask the gun lawyer" segment. You might've dropped in then.

Although I've been known to zone out. @Tyler did you hear anything?

Top Bottom