• shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Included in what?

The recall?

All 320’s are based on the same FCU.

Vtac is just sights, maybe an extra slide serration up front?
    It would depend on date of manufacture, if the vtac was made before the recall date, it would be included in the recall, if it was made after, it wouldn’t need the safety upgrade, my friend got a vtac 4 months ago, it would have the current fcu without the need for the safety recall, if his vtac was made in 2016 it would need the upgrade, but the only way to know for sure, is to contact sig sauer, and give them the serial number of the gun

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    According to the designer of the 320 it was removed after the upgrade and not needed. Maybe they should have left it in ?
    Yep, that's what I saw as well (quotes below from the article) Given that, I'm not sure why this article is even a thing, unless someone is disputing it.

According to an internal memo uncovered in a 12 News investigation last fall, Sgt. Groszczyk referenced a conference call between MPD officials and Sig Sauer officials, including the P320 designer, Sean Toner.

The memo said Groszczyk asked Toner if the current design of the gun does not need the safety lever spring for safe functioning of the pistol.

Toner replied the safety lever spring is not needed in the current design and was removed from the design during the voluntary upgrade of the pistol, according to the memo.

It is not immediately clear whether safety lever springs could have prevented unintended discharges.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2017
    Southern Indiana
    Yep, that's what I saw as well (quotes below from the article) Given that, I'm not sure why this article is even a thing, unless someone is disputing it.
    Apparently that WI department is disputing it. in my opinion the article provides a good reference for Sig to do some good testing if they haven't already to see if the spring not there could possibly cause any malfunctions. The courts involved in the suits may require it at some point who knows.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Here we go again with the Sig bashing. I have a Sig M17, P320 Compact, P320X Compact, P365 and P322. I've put thousands of rounds in each of the P 320's and P 365. The P320 Compact is an early one and was sent back for the modification. Sig has been very quick and responded appropriately when I have requested support. I've been happy with my Sigs, but then again I haven't asked for the WI FOP President, who is undoubtedly an expert in this area.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Here we go again with the Sig bashing. I have a Sig M17, P320 Compact, P320X Compact, P365 and P322. I've put thousands of rounds in each of the P 320's and P 365. The P320 Compact is an early one and was sent back for the modification. Sig has been very quick and responded appropriately when I have requested support. I've been happy with my Sigs, but then again I haven't asked for advice from the WI FOP President, who is undoubtedly an expert in this area.

BigRed3588

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 4, 2013
    Boynton Beach
    Sounds much more scientific and reliable than my way my friends way.

Seriously though, is this something you could observe with the slide off the FCU/lower? Observing it on the fcu itself?
    Sorry, haven’t been on the board in a few days. Apparently they forgot to install the safety lever pivot pin when they built the FCU.

It could be observed with the slide off. I couldn’t tell definitively at first because the safety lever was raising slightly, but it was obvious when I compared it to my M18.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    This guy says that a defective firing pin return spring caused his P320 to unintentionally discharge in his holster.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    This guy says that a defective firing pin return spring caused his P320 to unintentionally discharge in his holster.

If they are defective why haven't a few privates, or officers in our military shot themselves with it yet?
    Are the P320's the military are getting different than the civilian pistols?

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    If they are defective why haven't a few privates, or officers in our military shot themselves with it yet?
    The M17/18 variants have a manual thumb safety. These are available to the public but not as popular as the non-manual safety.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    The M17/18 variants have a manual thumb safety. These are available to the public but not as popular as the non-manual safety.
    And I know the Marine Corps are ANAL about all weapons get flipped on Safe instantly after the last shot is fired before being holstered or set down.
    Ask me how I know.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    The Army issues the newest and bestest long before the Corps. Other than some mos's it will be another 10 years before its issued throughout the USMC. My #1 has had a M17 and my #2 was issued an M9 with his mos.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    The Army issues the newest and bestest long before the Corps. Other than some mos's it will be another 10 years before its issued throughout the USMC. My #1 has had a M17 and my #2 was issued an M9 with his mos.
    With the USMC being substantially smaller and utilizing the M18 like the USAF and US Navy complete integration will happen probably faster than Big Army.

I know my old Air Guard Unit has had the M18 for over a year now. And Wright Pat AFB had there’s about a year and a half ago maybe sooner.

Now on tie AD/ND topic I’d like to know on the armorer side how often that issue that Sig reported to the steel challenge shooter happens.

Top Bottom