• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Refrigerator27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 18, 2022
    Noblesville
    Yup, a reoccuring issue that lots of people have had.

Sig had a recall a few years back regarding dropping the gun and it discharging. They seem to be refusing to recall it again. Once again Sig testing R&D guns on the civilian market.

binkerton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Yup, a reoccuring issue that lots of people have had.

Sig had a recall a few years back regarding dropping the gun and it discharging. They seem to be refusing to recall it again. Once again Sig testing R&D guns on the civilian market.

Boy, that linked article written by an ambulance chaser doesnt seem biased at all. I mean, they even used CNN as a news source. I'm not saying there isnt something to this, but I'm gonna need to see something better than that.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Are these guns firing without the trigger being pressed? Or is it clothing being caught in the trigger while holstering, or something different?
    How can we ever know?

I think quite a few of these stories have not been able to rule out clothing issues, and to bring the purse lady into it, without revealing that it was probably a holster issue is disingenuous at best (speaking to the ambulance chaser article).

What would INGO think about beating the crap out of a gun trying to get it to discharge? Is that a good test? Would that give you comfort, knowing you’ve hit it pretty hard, at the known angle of discharge and many others?
    Asking for a friend.
    My friend seems comfortable with his.

BigRed3588

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 4, 2013
    Boynton Beach
    Are these guns firing without the trigger being pressed? Or is it clothing being caught in the trigger while holstering, or something different?
    My $ is on user error. I assembled a 320 using Sig parts and received a faulty FCU. The sear would release the striker but the gun wouldn’t fire because the striker safety disconnect wasn’t raising high enough to disengage the safety. IMO, the likelihood of the striker dropping on its own and the safety failing simultaneously is pretty low. Not saying it couldn’t happen, but I definitely don’t think it’s happening at the rate that’s being reported.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    My $ is on user error. I assembled a 320 using Sig parts and received a faulty FCU. The sear would release the striker but the gun wouldn’t fire because the striker safety disconnect wasn’t raising high enough to disengage the safety. IMO, the likelihood of the striker dropping on its own and the safety failing simultaneously is pretty low. Not saying it couldn’t happen, but I definitely don’t think it’s happening at the rate that’s being reported.
    Sounds much more scientific and reliable than my way my friends way.

Seriously though, is this something you could observe with the slide off the FCU/lower? Observing it on the fcu itself?

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Guns firing without triggers being pulled.

Funny how that happens, no?
    I would think in court they would have to prove that the firearm fired on its own. Hard to believe it could inside a holster.
    I think those claiming this happened are trying to put blame on something else that is their own fault. I've never had a firearm discharge without the trigger being pulled.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I would think in court they would have to prove that the firearm fired on its own. Hard to believe it could inside a holster.
    I think those claiming this happened are trying to put blame on something else that is their own fault. I've never had a firearm discharge without the trigger being pulled.
    Just wait, you will. If you are around guns enough, you know that they are merely mechanical devices and can fail at any time.

If the space shuttle can go up like a bottle rocket, twice, then your $500 piece of fantastic plastic can fail.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Just wait, you will. If you are around guns enough, you know that they are merely mechanical devices and can fail at any time.

If the space shuttle can go up like a bottle rocket, twice, then your $500 piece of fantastic plastic can fail.

I seen this awhile back on the P320 explaining how it works.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central

I seen this awhile back on the P320 explaining how it works.

I didn't watch the video yet, but I have witnessed an early 320 being able to fire without the trigger being pulled. The guy would hit the back of the slide with a rubber mallet and it would fire with some regularity, so to me that would make it plausible it could fire if dropped.

I didn't see any mention in the article of when these discharges were supposed to occur. Was it in the holser?

Last edited:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I didn't watch the video yet, but I have witnessed an early 320 being able to fire without the trigger being pulled. The guy would hit the back of the slide with a rubber mallet and it would fire with some regularity, so to me that would make it plausible it could fire if dropped.

I didn't see any mention in the article of when these discharges we're supposed to occur. Was it in the holser?
    My understanding in 2017 they fixed that issue. Or somewhere around their. This video is from a year ago, not sure if it is the updated version or a pre 2017. I would think if you had a pre 2017 you could send it in and get it fixed for free.

Top Bottom