• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Why is it that many gun owners cannot have a thoughtful discussion re more stringent controls on gun ownership? Are some of you really thinking that you will be grabbing your AR and going to war against the US government? We do all understand that WE are the government in this country, right? The majority is designed to determine the direction of the country (with the exception of the absurdly silly Electoral College. I recommend everyone read the history of and reasons for the EC to help understand why it should have never happened and should be dismantled today. If I called anyone a name in this post, it was not my intention.
    I’m late to this thread and haven’t read the whole thing. It’s not angry, per se. It’s basically not having much patience for bad arguments. And it’s not like you’ve actually forwarded any arguments to support your thinking anyway.

Now the point I wanted to make is that you seem to have a fundamental misunderstanding about government. We are not the government. (Well. Maybe you are. I am not.) The US government is of the people, by the people and for the people. But it is definitely not the people.

rb288

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 14, 2019
    Grovertown
    As a veteran, maybe I look at things a bit different.
    The Constitution is NOT broken.
    The Federal government IS broken.
    This country was built on. States rights, on the States having the power of the people.
    The Electorial College was brilliantly conceived so that ALL States had a say in the Federal government, not just a few population centers.
    The current over-reach of the Federal government was never what the founding fathers envisioned.
    The Country is in a very precarious position right now and it will be lost if not returned to the principles of the Constitution.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    I’m late to this thread and haven’t read the whole thing. It’s not angry, per se. It’s basically not having much patience for bad arguments. And it’s not like you’ve actually forwarded any arguments to support your thinking anyway.

Now the point I wanted to make is that you seem to have a fundamental misunderstanding about government. We are not the government. (Well. Maybe you are. I am not.) The US government is of the people, by the people and for the people. But it is definitely not the people.
    You know, it was only in reading this reply that I suddenly realized another glaring flaw in our dearly departed friend's reasoning (or lack thereof):

If WE are the government, and the government should be the only one allowed to own "assault rifles", well... doesn't that mean that WE should be allowed to own "assault rifles"?

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Were angry because people won't leave us alone..
    All I want to do is horde guns like a packrat, heck most of my guns will never be fired..

So I have a solution, Instead of gun control, give me all the guns I want to horde..

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom