• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dsol

Master
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    I'll pay the fee for a first time shooter at the seed of your choice. First PM with the shoot they want to attend gets their fees paid. Be warned, I'll announce the winner and ride you if you're a no-show!!

Okay, I am on vacation right now and just saw this. Any in the southern Indiana area (I am just across from Louisville) and I would love for me and my 12 yr old son to go. Have a couple of 10-22's, one with peep sights and one without. Plenty of bulk 22lr...

Only other rifle I have that might work would be my franken-FAL and ammo is just too expensive for that. Although I could bring it and do some limited practicing with it afterwards.

smileman

Plinker
    Mar 7, 2012
    wabash wildlife and sportsman association, will be hosting an appleseed April 14-15th. maybe we can get ATM to sing for us there. What do you say ATM?

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    wabash wildlife and sportsman association, will be hosting an appleseed April 14-15th. maybe we can get ATM to sing for us there. What do you say ATM?

Sorry, I wish I could join you that weekend, brother, we've certainly had some fine shoots at Wabash. ;)

However, I think Bubba (Rimshot) is planning to debut some new dance moves that weekend. Everyone will have a fine time! :D

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    LOL!

Why have I not attended an Appleseed Event...

I earned a Blue Cord and the Title of Rifleman in 1991...
    Our Uncle keeps interrupting my schedule with all expense paid vacations to gorgeous beaches...
    Did you know the Honey-do list does not stop in your absence...

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Naw, that ain't it! Besides, now that we can clear the line to War Pigs and and Godzilla, that's worth the price of admission in and of itself! :)

War Pigs and Godzilla hmmmm??? Who's idea was that? Gosh, I wonder... :):

Seriously folks, I attended my first Appleseed this week and even though my legs currently feel like noodles from all the drills, I had a blast. Even if you are a seasoned shooter, you will enjoy the fellowship and dare I say it? "Jocularity" :D

JUST DO IT!

Blessings!

grunt soldier

Master
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    Agreed!

Oh no, :nono: that wouldn't be good...

Why haven't you attended an Appleseed?

"I saw the footage of ATM singing."

:):

no sir, I had long heard of the singing atm and I have to admit it was pretty darn good sir. you had me cracking up and I bet it definitely helps the shooters remember how to make a rifle safe :)

folks stop making excuses get up off those couches and have a killer weekend shooting and learning some heritage. bring a couple friends with you, even folks who have never shot before.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I didn't know you could go farther than 100 at Atterbury. I will have to sign up for an Appleseed.

Only the Atterberry Appleseeds are long distance, but we are trying to plan to have four of them this year. Don't let the shorter distances deter you from attending, though. I guarantee they are challenging and you get to learn the very same techniques that will be used at longer distances.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Only the Atterberry Appleseeds are long distance, but we are trying to plan to have four of them this year. Don't let the shorter distances deter you from attending, though. I guarantee they are challenging and you get to learn the very same techniques that will be used at longer distances.

What he said...

Last edited:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I will definitely check it out sometime, I would have to borrow a rifle unless I can use the Mosin.:D

You can use anything you would like. Appleseed isn't about the equipment, but the rifleman. If you decide to shoot a Mosin, please let me know which 'seed you will attend and I'll shoot with you... that is if they don't make the newbie trainer work. :D

! twitty

Master
    May 1, 2011
    NE Indy
    1. Not sure what it is
    2. Don't own a 22
    3. Not sure where to look or sign up for one
    Those are my answers to the question

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    1. Not sure what it is
    2. Don't own a 22

Take a look at the Appleseed website and all of your answers will be addressed. In the meantime, the Appleseed Project is a not-for-profit organization designed to teach history, heritage, and marksmanship. Most of the history lessons revolve around the Revolutionary War, teaching the truth, which has been distorted through the years. The lessons give the hearer the ability to embrace the richness of our culture, as the instructor walks you through the turmoil those farmers, shop owners, and school children faced as they battled against the injustices of their day. It's a weekend chocked full of powerful lessons about our Republic and the brave men, women, and children who fought for it.

You can use a center-fire rifle at some of the ranges, but if you choose to attend at a location close to your home where only rimfire rifles are allowed, you can PM an instructor to request a loaner.

If you want to sign up for an Appleseed, just click here, choose a location and complete the registration.

I hope to see you at a shoot someday.

grunt soldier

Master
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    1. Not sure what it is
    2. Don't own a 22

let me see if I can help with those questions sir :)

1. it's a history/heritage program with a marksmanship niche. they can take a person who has never shot a rifle before and have them completely capable of being a safe shooter with some skills in a weekend. check out the wiki page

Project Appleseed - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

2. you don't have to own a 22. depending on which event you can shoot many different rifles. also if it is a 22 only event you can ask here or the appleseed forum and one of the instructors or someone will get you a loaner rifle to use for the weekend. we are very accommodating like that :)

3. you can check out appleseedinfo.org here is a link for that.

Project Appleseed Home

and here are a lot of the upcoming events

Appleseed - Search States

or you can read the above post as que beat me by a minute

Top Bottom