Why don't red states create actual bonafide well regulated State Militias?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Well, the first NG recruiter tried to get me to join my old company. I tried my best without calling him a dumb m%$#!?☆♤¥°~♧ that he so desperately needed to be called. I said...No, I want to join the NoGo Reserve. He told me that the 738th is part of the Army Reserve. What point of No! did he not understand? I was a NoGo recruiter in high school. Went for a weekend at Fort Harrison for school. The guy was not listening to me. I told him to have the REAL NoGo Reserve recruiter to call me as I had enough of his dumb arse. Waiting for a call at work. Beware if they try to hook you into the regular NoGo.
    I've tried to understand your post, but I've failed...

corywj

Supporter of the first and second amendments
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2020
    Fort Wayne
    I have been asked to join several groups. Checked out two. Neither were what I would call my cup of tea. One was just a talking about stuff type of group. Kind of nice but I smelled the bull**** over the cigar smoke and whiskey. (The opus x cigar was very nice but made me green for a while) The other wanted me to travel to Louisville KY a while back to go to a certain race track.push back against those who shove. Much more active do something group but that rally at Louisville was not anything I needed or wanted to be a part of.

So I still stick to my local MAG. We help out each other as we can. Setting up some fence posts for a larger gate. Changing out a water. heater. Loaning out a high jack to lift an old car that had sunk into the ground. I walk and talk to the neighbors. I know the police in my area and I feel blessed to know them by name and there seems to be more and more of them in my area. Even at that we are few and far between as two guys moved to a more rural area in may. So two down locally but two places to go if needed.

Find like minded individuals as yourself. Find stills on them you don’t have. First help them do something as we can all use help doing things. Hopefully when you talk and say”I am digging a ditch Sunday” he shows up with a shovel or better yet a backhoe.
    Sign me up, it's time to be part of something good ...

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    They have then already.

You can sign up at the military recruiter to be part of your State National Guard. That is if you want actual training and regular drills.

If you are between 18 and 55 you are already a member of the sedentary militia. When activated the Governor is your CIC.

If you just want to run around in the woods with a bunch of overweight untrained wanna be operators. There are options for that, that come along with NSA supervision.
    National Guard isn't a militia. Its paid for by the DoD. Several of my family members are guard members their checks come from the DoD.

They are military not citizens militia. Citizens militia is unorganized but that doesn't mean untrained or disorganized.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    Most states have a state guard/militia at this point, for backup when the Guard is deployed. Some of them even state a preferred firearm for purchase.

Top Bottom