Why Does Communist China Have One of the Lowest COVID Rates?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    He died of a motorcycle crash.

But he had covid and died. 99.99% of the covid deaths are not instances where they are shot or a motorcycle wreck and die. That's better explained by a rigid reporting system than intentional obfuscation.

Nonetheless, his death was classified as "due to covid".

Rigid reporting system and obfuscation both lead to an inflation of the numbers. That is my observation and the point of this example.

It is not good.

ETA: Is it true that over 98% of covid cases are not deadly?

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Nonetheless, his death was classified as "due to covid".

Rigid reporting system and obfuscation both lead to an inflation of the numbers. That is my observation and the point of this example.

It is not good.

ETA: Is it true that over 98% of covid cases are not deadly?
    I bet more than 99.9% of covid cases are not fatal.

What we need to accept is a lot of people have died of covid who were going to die soon anyway. That doesn't mean the virus is any less nasty. It means they were the low hanging fruit.

What it does is decrease the overall impact of the pandemic when measured as years of life expectancy lost. COVID originally was very mild as worldwide pandemics go regarding overall years of life lost.

In fact diarrhea in Africa EVERY YEAR probably takes more years of life expectancy than covid has since its inception.

But who does anything about diarrhea in Africa?

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    And who does any analysis regarding the opportinity costs and "unintended" consequences of state's response to this latest virus?

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    I bet more than 99.9% of covid cases are not fatal.

What we need to accept is a lot of people have died of covid who were going to die soon anyway. That doesn't mean the virus is any less nasty. It means they were the low hanging fruit.

What it does is decrease the overall impact of the pandemic when measured as years of life expectancy lost. COVID originally was very mild as worldwide pandemics go regarding overall years of life lost.

In fact diarrhea in Africa EVERY YEAR probably takes more years of life expectancy than covid has since its inception.

But who does anything about diarrhea in Africa?
    So true, good post.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    And who does any analysis regarding the opportinity costs and "unintended" consequences of state's response to this latest virus?
    That will take some time to sort out. Overdose deaths are way up.

This is an interesting study looking at 2008 recession. I suspect the impact of covid shutdown will far exceed what this saw from 2008 recession

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    That will take some time to sort out. Overdose deaths are way up.

This is an interesting study looking at 2008 recession. I suspect the impact of covid shutdown will far exceed what this saw from 2008 recession

Out of curiosity, do you have an opinion on whether or not stats regarding this latest virus have been manipulated?

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Out of curiosity, do you have an opinion on whether or not stats regarding this latest virus have been manipulated?
    Which stats in particular? We are seeing a ton of covid still, but last few days have been my lowest in two months. It is usually the younger people (30-40s)

I have only admitted ONE vaccinated person who had covid, and that was because she had renal failure due to the diarrhea and her medications. She was 80. Was breathing fine.

We need to stop testing asymptomatic people. We are detecting virus but not disease in soooo many of them.

COVID pneumonia can kill people. COVID positivity... Who cares. If you simply have a cold, who cares about that case, other than to terrify everyone.

I admitted a 33yo girl today on day ten of her illness. Oxygen was borderline but she was so weak she kept falling. X-ray looked bad, but at day 10 unlikely to get much worse.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Which stats in particular? We are seeing a ton of covid still, but last few days have been my lowest in two months. It is usually the younger people (30-40s)

I have only admitted ONE vaccinated person who had covid, and that was because she had renal failure due to the diarrhea and her medications. She was 80. Was breathing fine.

We need to stop testing asymptomatic people. We are detecting virus but not disease in soooo many of them.

COVID pneumonia can kill people. COVID positivity... Who cares. If you simply have a cold, who cares about that case, other than to terrify everyone.

I admitted a 33yo girl today on day ten of her illness. Oxygen was borderline but she was so weak she kept falling. X-ray looked bad, but at day 10 unlikely to get much worse.

Let me try to clarify my question....Do you have an opinion on whether or not stats regarding this latest virus have been manipulated for political purposes?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    When you think ending poverty is as simple as lowering the bar until no one qualifies as being in poverty, it's pretty easy to claim the least amount of covid cases.

Top Bottom